Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

I have rung K9 and there is an ACWA Meeting tonight at 7.30 - so K9 will be open for training :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Me and Toby will be there

A warning for anybody going to K9 - the scrub next to the sheds has been cleared and council guys were gobsmacked at the number of BIG snakes :D so be very aware

We have been so lucky with snakes (knock on wood) we live out in the middle of the bush and have seen one in the last 4 years. When we lived on a 1/4 acre in the suburban estate down the road we saw at least one snake every summer. :eek:

I have rung K9 and there is an ACWA Meeting tonight at 7.30 - so K9 will be open for training :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Me and Toby will be there

A warning for anybody going to K9 - the scrub next to the sheds has been cleared and council guys were gobsmacked at the number of BIG snakes :eek: so be very aware

:D Can't say I'm surprised, though.

Thanks for calling and finding out! I'll be there tonight, what time is everyone planning on getting there?

Edited by RubyStar

Have left my 5 month old puppy inside the house with his older brother today ..... he has access to outside but I have :thumbsup: there will still be a house to get home to tonight! :thumbsup:

Crossing my fingers for you! :eek: You're a brave woman, I wouldn't leave a 5 month old Lab inside. Come to think of it, I won't leave my 4 year old Labs inside :D I can't say they are destructive though, haven't done anything in so long, the most they do is dog holes (but the poo in the hole thing meant no holes for 2 days straight so I am hoping it wasn't just a coincidence and it actually does the trick!!) But I still wouldn't trust them inside :) Little ratbags!!

Have left my 5 month old puppy inside the house with his older brother today ..... he has access to outside but I have :thumbsup: there will still be a house to get home to tonight! :thumbsup:

Crossing my fingers for you! :eek: You're a brave woman, I wouldn't leave a 5 month old Lab inside. Come to think of it, I won't leave my 4 year old Labs inside :) I can't say they are destructive though, haven't done anything in so long, the most they do is dog holes (but the poo in the hole thing meant no holes for 2 days straight so I am hoping it wasn't just a coincidence and it actually does the trick!!) But I still wouldn't trust them inside :D Little ratbags!!

Hmm, you girls have me worried now! :o

The last 2 weeks, he has been inside all day and taking himself out to pee. He is a good wee dog....but maybe I should pop home at lunchtime :D

Crossing my fingers for you! :eek: You're a brave woman, I wouldn't leave a 5 month old Lab inside. Come to think of it, I won't leave my 4 year old Labs inside :o I can't say they are destructive though, haven't done anything in so long, the most they do is dog holes (but the poo in the hole thing meant no holes for 2 days straight so I am hoping it wasn't just a coincidence and it actually does the trick!!) But I still wouldn't trust them inside ;) Little ratbags!!

Hmm, you girls have me worried now! :D

The last 2 weeks, he has been inside all day and taking himself out to pee. He is a good wee dog....but maybe I should pop home at lunchtime :D

You might have a worriesome afternoon if you don't go and check :) If all is well then the check was well worth the effort for a stress-free arvo :D

If I go out for a few hours at night and I don't drop them at mum and dad's for babysitting duties, I tend to leave them in the sleepout which has the dining room table and that's it (it's tiled). I mainly do this because I don't want them barking at night (though they aren't barkers, they will still bark if they think there is something threatening the property). They would be more comfortable outside I think though because I won't leave their beds in there with them, that IS something they will destroy if I'm not home!

Edited by RubyStar

Good luck, GR!! I will hope for your sake that the house is intact!!

I know that Ari has done her fair share of destruction, but I am much happier that my dogs are inside the house during the day, instead of outside. Ari did terrible outside as a youngster, so we brought her inside and aside from the occasional (but usually very bad!) destruction, she is much better inside.

Planning on putting in a dog run soon... Ari will be out there with one of the others so we will see how that goes.

RS that sleepout area sounds ideal :thumbsup:

RS that sleepout area sounds ideal :thumbsup:

It does come in handy! I have had a solid external door with deadlock installed on that room that leads to the laundry (and the rest of the house) so on bad weather days (like storms or extreme heat) I can leave the sleepout security and glass sliding doors open for them so they have run of that room and the backyard, with no more risk of burglars getting into the rest of the house than getting in through the front door. If they wanna steal my cheapie dining table from Super A-Mart then by all means, go ahead :thumbsup:

This setup might change though when I get a housemate. If they want to, I will allow them to use that room as their own lounge room (keeps them out of my hair!) Downside though is that room has no aircon or a heater so it really feels the weather extremes! Even just in general that room is always hotter or colder than the rest of the house.

Edited by RubyStar

Took Mason to a mates farm yesterday arvo and they had great fun playing farm dogs!! He got stuck in the mud at one stage and hubby had to pull him out! He is still tired today, normally he follows me around asking for a walk but today he is just laying around ;)

Glad to hear he had a great time :) Funny that he got stuck in mud though! Where did he even find mud? :(

Hi everyone

Does anyone know of a good dog trainer.

We have a 9 week Stafford and live in Rockingham area. this is our first dog and really want to do things right

Welcome and remember to post photos :love: Sorry I can't help with trainers in that area.

They have dams for the stock to drink out of. I will post pics when our iinet is up and running next week!

Have left my 5 month old puppy inside the house with his older brother today ..... he has access to outside but I have :love: there will still be a house to get home to tonight! :(

Crossing my fingers for you! ;) You're a brave woman, I wouldn't leave a 5 month old Lab inside. Come to think of it, I won't leave my 4 year old Labs inside :) I can't say they are destructive though, haven't done anything in so long, the most they do is dog holes (but the poo in the hole thing meant no holes for 2 days straight so I am hoping it wasn't just a coincidence and it actually does the trick!!) But I still wouldn't trust them inside :o Little ratbags!!

I left mason inside from 8 weeks old with access to our room and the open plan living area. He never destroyed anything or had accidents. He stays outside at this house when i go out tho, he has a verandah here to shelter from all weather conditions. When i am home he is always with me inside.

Have left my 5 month old puppy inside the house with his older brother today ..... he has access to outside but I have :love: there will still be a house to get home to tonight! :(

Crossing my fingers for you! ;) You're a brave woman, I wouldn't leave a 5 month old Lab inside. Come to think of it, I won't leave my 4 year old Labs inside :) I can't say they are destructive though, haven't done anything in so long, the most they do is dog holes (but the poo in the hole thing meant no holes for 2 days straight so I am hoping it wasn't just a coincidence and it actually does the trick!!) But I still wouldn't trust them inside :p Little ratbags!!

I left mason inside from 8 weeks old with access to our room and the open plan living area. He never destroyed anything or had accidents. He stays outside at this house when i go out tho, he has a verandah here to shelter from all weather conditions. When i am home he is always with me inside.

Yes but I had the devil puppy! :o who has turned out to be so mellow around the house, my mum even commented on how great she turned out as an adult. I could leave her inside no worries, but pair them up and they will get up to mischief together (like playing zoomies in the house and knocking things over!)

RS, did you get the PM I sent? It hasn't saved in my sent box so now I can't remember if I pressed the send button properly :o

Yep I did, forgot to answer it :o Will do so now!

I have rung K9 and there is an ACWA Meeting tonight at 7.30 - so K9 will be open for training :love:

:( Me and Toby will be there

A warning for anybody going to K9 - the scrub next to the sheds has been cleared and council guys were gobsmacked at the number of BIG snakes :) so be very aware

:o Can't say I'm surprised, though.

Thanks for calling and finding out! I'll be there tonight, what time is everyone planning on getting there?

training in the dark ? you guys are very committed ;)

I have rung K9 and there is an ACWA Meeting tonight at 7.30 - so K9 will be open for training :love:

:( Me and Toby will be there

A warning for anybody going to K9 - the scrub next to the sheds has been cleared and council guys were gobsmacked at the number of BIG snakes :) so be very aware

:o Can't say I'm surprised, though.

training in the dark ? you guys are very committed ;)

Doesn't get dark til almost 8pm :p

Plus Toby has a white spot on his chest so I can find him :p

I lose Millie in the dark :o I can spot Ruby easier :love:

Flashing collars work well :( Except when you have a dark long haired dog ;)

They work well for me seeing the dog, but I have had instances where I have called Ruby in the dark and I can see her and she's frantically looking around for me - so I need to wear a flashing collar for HER to see me as well! :)

Edited by RubyStar

They work well for me seeing the dog, but I have had instances where I have called Ruby in the dark and I can see her and she's frantically looking around for me - so I need to wear a flashing collar for HER to see me as well! :love:

You could always make a statement and wear a flashing headband :(

emery! you have to go to hilaries dog beach at a time i can go i want to meet chandra!

and you lot make me feel bad :thumbsup:I go out waayyyy too much (as anyone who is fb friends with me will know ahah)

Nothing wrong with that Rach, make the most of life, it all passes rather quickly so enjoy while you can.