Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Mirawee what fish do you guys have? Do you breed them?

We have Silver Perch. They are bought as fingerlings then grown to about 600-1000g before being sold. And of course it is the big fish that don't cope with his weather!

I think I will take a change of clothes to training tonight and invite myself to OzJen's afterwards :thumbsup: or I have access to showers at work :) Although they are hoping to have power back up late tonight. Thanks for the offer though.

Mirawee what fish do you guys have? Do you breed them?

We have Silver Perch. They are bought as fingerlings then grown to about 600-1000g before being sold. And of course it is the big fish that don't cope with his weather!

I think I will take a change of clothes to training tonight and invite myself to OzJen's afterwards :mad or I have access to showers at work :mad Although they are hoping to have power back up late tonight. Thanks for the offer though.

cool i love native fish. Who do you sell them too?

Can I come fishing at your place :mad

My pup had 6 week and 10 week shots only, and he will have a booster at 12 months, then 3 yearly after that unless I decide to titre test them.

When only giving two vax, you need to have a particular vax (so I was told by the vet). So if your pup has already had 2 vax without discussion with the vet about not doing anymore, I would say you will need the third booster. Talk to your vet first before you decide anything anyway.

well she had the nobivac DHP + the canine cough which ive read is a vaccine you only need to give once at 10 weeks. Would like to titre test actually would be interesting to see the results.

Hi all just posting this on behalf of the Gundog club of WA

The Club runs 2 group shows plus field/retrieving for gundogs plus an Obedience trial for All Breeds

The Gundog Club will be running a mega raffle for all exhibitors at the Western Classic,(show & dog Sports) tickets will be sold all 4 nights with a prize drawn each night

We are really hoping this raffle is a success & one of the new fundraising ventures the new committee is taking on this year.

You will find committee & volunteers selling tickets on the main veranda plus members will be venturing down to the obedience /dog sports to sell tickets.

Edited by showdog

What time must I get there for the obedience on friday guys? I did not have past issues of the magazine :laugh:

RS - Big W have itunes card on sale for tomorrow, 2x $20 for $30. SO basically you get $10 free. I am going to buy some on friday.

We sell mainly to a fish market in Northbridge and also the the Uni Chinese Restaurant ;) You certainly aren't the first to ask to come fishing... but ours are fished with nets :laugh:

Still no power at home :eek: They have cleared the wires off the road - now they are just lying at the side of the road (with nothing marking them!) Am currently wondering if I will be able to wash dogs for the Classic! But at least I got a shower this morning :eek: Generators are good :p

We sell mainly to a fish market in Northbridge and also the the Uni Chinese Restaurant ;) You certainly aren't the first to ask to come fishing... but ours are fished with nets :laugh:

Still no power at home :eek: They have cleared the wires off the road - now they are just lying at the side of the road (with nothing marking them!) Am currently wondering if I will be able to wash dogs for the Classic! But at least I got a shower this morning :eek: Generators are good :p

Oh no, I hate having no power!!!!

Chicko I know Eden Hill do classes on a weeknight not sure which nights etc.

What time must I get there for the obedience on friday guys? I did not have past issues of the magazine :p

RS - Big W have itunes card on sale for tomorrow, 2x $20 for $30. SO basically you get $10 free. I am going to buy some on friday.

:laugh: I would buy some too, except I haven't bought anything from itunes yet so these cards would probably sit there unused for ages :eek: And there are no albums I want to buy currently. Bummer!!

Not sure what time I'm getting there on Friday yet, need to look it up. Lucky I work from home on Friday so I don't have to rush home from the city. Gonna put in extra hours this week so I don't have many hours to do on Friday :eek:

Edit: Vetting time (and usually when you can collect your numbers) is 6.45-7.15pm so I'm aiming to get there just after 6pm. Usually I wouldn't get there so early, but there will be more entries so more people and less parking. Judging time is 7.30pm.

Edited by RubyStar

Not sure what time I'm getting there on Friday yet, need to look it up. Lucky I work from home on Friday so I don't have to rush home from the city. Gonna put in extra hours this week so I don't have many hours to do on Friday :laugh:

Edit: Vetting time (and usually when you can collect your numbers) is 6.45-7.15pm so I'm aiming to get there just after 6pm. Usually I wouldn't get there so early, but there will be more entries so more people and less parking. Judging time is 7.30pm.

I am planning on aiming for around 6pm too. Hopefully it will have cooled down a bit by then...

You can come wash them at my place if you need be.... I only have a normal bathtub (no special hydrobath), but am equipped with shampoos, liberty dryer and trolley...

Just thought i'd pop in and say "hello" as i'm another West Aussie :p (South of Perth)

Your dogs are all so amazing!! I am loving checking out all the pics throughout the site :eek:

Howdy :eek:

Hey Rubstar can you save me a spot please :laugh:

You can come wash them at my place if you need be.... I only have a normal bathtub (no special hydrobath), but am equipped with shampoos, liberty dryer and trolley...

Thanks :eek: I thought I could take them to BPG but then wondered how I would dry them LOL

Am currently hoping we qualify as Wooroloo not Gidge. Wooroloo should have power back on at 1pm today :laugh: Gidge time is still unknown though.

Jodie Elijah, welcome :p Any photos of your own dogs?

We currently have no dogs :laugh: Just a 2 year old cat (named Jack).

I get harrassed on a daily basis by my son as to exactly *when* we'll be getting our own puppy LOL and the time is finally right! We had been waiting for our new house to be built, and then had to wait for landscaping to all be done, so its been a few years in the making!

We have decided on getting a beagle, having fallen in love with the look of them, and after spending too many work hours researching the breed (!!) decided that a Beagle was for us!!

We've only ever had Cavs before (my parents have actually just gotten their new cav puppy Mr Darcy last week. Gorgeous boy), so a Beagle will be something rather new for us! We're both very excited. Luckily, there's even a puppy training program in our suburb so we look forward to checking that out too.

Hey Rubstar can you save me a spot please :laugh:

No worries, if I don't get smacked over the head by others for doing so :eek:

What side of the demountable do you prefer to park on for the classic? And if you get there before me (cos I'm always fashionably late :p) can you please save me a spot? :mad But I will try for 6pm!

Edit: Are we allowed to set up gazebos on Friday night and leave them up for Saturday? :eek: Or is that a big no-no? I've never done both two nights in a row so don't really know what the deal is with spot saving!

Edited by RubyStar

We currently have no dogs :happydance2: Just a 2 year old cat (named Jack).

I get harrassed on a daily basis by my son as to exactly *when* we'll be getting our own puppy LOL and the time is finally right! We had been waiting for our new house to be built, and then had to wait for landscaping to all be done, so its been a few years in the making!

We have decided on getting a beagle, having fallen in love with the look of them, and after spending too many work hours researching the breed (!!) decided that a Beagle was for us!!

We've only ever had Cavs before (my parents have actually just gotten their new cav puppy Mr Darcy last week. Gorgeous boy), so a Beagle will be something rather new for us! We're both very excited. Luckily, there's even a puppy training program in our suburb so we look forward to checking that out too.

Welcome!! I love Beagles :happydance2: Do you have a puppy on the way or are still contacting breeders?

Thanks :happydance: I thought I could take them to BPG but then wondered how I would dry them LOL

Am currently hoping we qualify as Wooroloo not Gidge. Wooroloo should have power back on at 1pm today :happydance2: Gidge time is still unknown though.

Jodie Elijah, welcome :happydance: Any photos of your own dogs?

Their dryer on their bath thingy would chew up lots of money to get your dog dry! I have seen people wash their dogs, not even towel dry them and throw them straight back into their cars :happydance2: