Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

I couldn't believe someone left a picnic blanket full of half covered food UNATTENDED in an offlead DOG AREA :(

Ruby chowed down on a ham and tomato sandwich, complete with glad wrap :rofl: While Millie went for the biscuits loosely covered in foil :o My brats got the scolding of their lives after retrieving the sandwich from Ruby's gob, but come on, who does that!! Morons, that's who :rofl:

Ready with my flamesuit for those who will come along and just tell me I need better control of my dogs where food is concerned :rofl: Thankyou up front, yes I know this! ;)

Oh I managed to get it out of her mouth before she swallowed it, with the help of another woman who was just as gobsmacked at the picnic blanket as I was :(

But at 9 weeks of age, she was too quick for my mum and pinched glad wrap out of the bin that had just come off a tray of mince, too irresistable to a puppy! She swallowed it whole. 2 nights later, I am outside at 3am watching her struggle to do #2's, I get closer and see something glistenening out of her bottom :rofl: So I pull, and pull, and puuuull, and this poo shaped piece of glad wrap comes out :o You should have seen her jump as I pulled it out ;)

Ruby chowed down on a ham and tomato sandwich, complete with glad wrap :o While Millie went for the biscuits loosely covered in foil ;) My brats got the scolding of their lives after retrieving the sandwich from Ruby's gob, but come on, who does that!! Morons, that's who :rofl:

Ready with my flamesuit for those who will come along and just tell me I need better control of my dogs where food is concerned :rofl: Thankyou up front, yes I know this! :rofl:

Now come on, they are Labradors, surely that's simply not achievable :rofl:

Wouldn't you at least put the food in an Esky or a bag to reduce the temptation slightly. :(

Yes.... Kyzer went through a phase of stealing my hairbrush whenever he got the opportunity and eating the hair... not pleasant trying to remove it when it came out the other end... but the look on his face was pretty priceless :(

Does anyone here know if either of these two classes tonight at SRAODC are equivalent to the Novice class at ACWA? :thumbsup:

Thursday 7pm-8pm - Agility Intermediate

Thursday 7pm-9pm - Agility Advanced

It doesn't say anything about the levels on there, but the other classes they have say Beginner

Monday 7pm-9pm - Obedience and social agility

Monday 7pm-8pm- beginners social agility

Monday 8pm-9pm-advanced beginners foundation agility

Suppose I'll just pack up the dog and cruise down to check it out.

Guest belgian.blue

Ivy started training last night at Vic Park. We had a great time and really looking forward to going next week!

Treat/bumbag shopping this weekend hehe.

We're in beginners but I'm sure we'll be switching over soon enough, she's a smart girl.

Ruby chowed down on a ham and tomato sandwich, complete with glad wrap :laugh: While Millie went for the biscuits loosely covered in foil :rofl: My brats got the scolding of their lives after retrieving the sandwich from Ruby's gob, but come on, who does that!! Morons, that's who :D

Ready with my flamesuit for those who will come along and just tell me I need better control of my dogs where food is concerned :mad Thankyou up front, yes I know this! :)

Now come on, they are Labradors, surely that's simply not achievable :cheer:

Wouldn't you at least put the food in an Esky or a bag to reduce the temptation slightly. :thumbsup:

Awww come on you're being a bit judgmental when it comes to the Labrador!

No wait, you're absolutely right :cheer:

:thumbsup::cheer: :cheer:

Almost as much fun as dragging looooong bits of grass or hair out of dogs bums!!!

Rat

Well I've had to whip out the old rubber gloves before and stick a finger up Millie's bum. Poor girl was pooping poos as hard as rocks that were coming out sideways!!! :laugh:

Does anyone here know if either of these two classes tonight at SRAODC are equivalent to the Novice class at ACWA? :thumbsup:

Thursday 7pm-8pm - Agility Intermediate

Thursday 7pm-9pm - Agility Advanced

It doesn't say anything about the levels on there, but the other classes they have say Beginner

Monday 7pm-9pm - Obedience and social agility

Monday 7pm-8pm- beginners social agility

Monday 8pm-9pm-advanced beginners foundation agility

Suppose I'll just pack up the dog and cruise down to check it out.

Not sure why their times say until 9pm on Mondays, the stuff is packed up and lights are off by 8pm!!

No idea what their levels are sorry :cheer:

amypie, are you planning on training with both clubs for a while? I think once Millie and I learn some more, I might train with more than one club so I've got more opportunity to use the equipment. I'm already a member of 3 clubs so I just need to utilise them a bit more :thumbsup:

From what I have seen Southern River Agility Training on a Thursday night are people who are already trialling - they get the gear out, set up some sequences and run them over and over. There is nobody instructing.

Monday night is held on the bottom oval and looks to be beginner level, with a club member instructing.

Amypie if you are down at the canine centre tonight ypu should walk up to the undercover pavillion and come say hi to Lincoln :( .

I saw Lincoln and he is soooooooooooo cute! Very rich colour. Very calm puppy, not really bothered by anything! Dawww so adorable :rofl:

amypie, are you planning on training with both clubs for a while? I think once Millie and I learn some more, I might train with more than one club so I've got more opportunity to use the equipment. I'm already a member of 3 clubs so I just need to utilise them a bit more :laugh:

I want to try and get more another club night in because I want to use the equipment mainly, I have some basics at home but our yard isn't huge and is all boggy sand and I don't want to break my ankle, and it's hard to lug down to the oval :( I'm also rather slack. :(

From what I have seen Southern River Agility Training on a Thursday night are people who are already trialling - they get the gear out, set up some sequences and run them over and over. There is nobody instructing.

Monday night is held on the bottom oval and looks to be beginner level, with a club member instructing.

Yep, I went down and spoke to them last night, they said it's all seniors on Thursday and very basic on Monday, not really any middle ground, but they said someone else asked them about novice classes and they were thinking about setting one up. They didn't know if there was going to be an instructor or not.

I'm okay with not having an instructor really. If someone had a plan of a Novice course and there were three or so Novice students we could probably set it up and take turns, that would be less inconvenient to the other people there too I guess.

They said I could stick around and do some things but I didn't want to get in the way with my noob-ness ;)

I really need to beat my OH into submission and get him to weld me up some proper weavers.

We should organise a group agility equipment making session! :laugh: Once I learn more with Millie, I wouldn't mind having more equipment and lugging it to the park every so often if a group of us contributed and made use of it. Not worth it just for one person!

Ohhh I just saw there is a dancing with dogs comp/event on Friday night in Midland... may have to drop the work event and head over to that... anyone know how long they go for? Vetting time is 6.30 with judging time 7pm...

This sounds interesting! I think I need to know more :(

It is sooo fun to watch, dogs and their handlers dancing to music! doing spiffy tricks too.. Its at Jack Mann oval on Bishop Road, they have midland, but I think its Middle swan.. its just off Roe/Toodyay Road, or near the corner of great northern Hwy and Roe Hwy

How often do they have these sorts of things CNR? I've just realised I have a Fish & Chip night on at our local dog park tomorrow evening which I am kinda obligated to attend so won't get to this particular event.

I'm keen to know when and where else there is 'dog dancing'!

You have fish and chip night with the locals at your dog park? I wanna live where you do! The people at my local are snobby old gits!!

Have a look on the DogsWest website and download the events file, it should list the events scheduled for the year.

You are welcome to come :laugh: I invited Candice too but don't think she and hubby will make it. Nice bunch of people and dogs at our park - only goes for a couple of hours from 6 to about 8, depending on how warm it is and who wants to hang about with drinks etc.

Whoops forgot to reply to this! I might have to join you guys sometime, but I can't tonight :rofl: Have fun!! You brave, brave people! ;)

Anyone considering taking dogs down to Naval Base (the horse beach in Kwinana) please don't if you dog is not horse Savvy! Last Sunday there were 78 horses down there and the last thing we need is a dog running around that doesn't know what they are! It isn't uncommon for horses to attack dogs that get in their faces either.

It is the main reason I now take my horses to Naval Base rather than Hillaries Horse Beach. Too many dog people don't seem to think that the rule that dogs must be on lead in the horse area doesn't apply to them. Have had a couple of bad incidents although luckily noone was hurt, however one dog nearly drowned itself (twice) trying to follow us into the water when it couldn't swim!

Did anyone see in the local Gosnell's paper about the off lead dog that attacked a horse at Kwinana beach plus the young girl that was riding it.. There was 2 dogs but only 1 attacked, the stupid dog owner just rounded them up and took off, didn't bother to make sure the horse or girl was ok - both had to have stitches. Why do dog owners think the laws never apply to them, what an ar*ehole..

Sorry to go back to this thread but I knew we were talking about it some time back...