Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

So you havent had anything down there yet R'n'L?

I hate watching the weather these days, they promise stuff that never seems to arrive! Im sick of looking out onto dead grass and clover that was doing so well!

But I am glad I only have 3 sheep to sustain.....Must be super frustrating for all the 'real' farmers, I feel for them :(

Rat

Nope not much a all. Have had areas close get some, but it seems to keepp going around us. Fingers crossed for tonight. Bit of lightening, the odd rain drop!

We got some rain - Yippee!

only 20kms away at OH work they 130km winds, hail and LOTS of rain. We didn't cop all of that thank goodness, but we have some moisture in the ground. Green grass is only days away.

We got some rain - Yippee!

only 20kms away at OH work they 130km winds, hail and LOTS of rain. We didn't cop all of that thank goodness, but we have some moisture in the ground. Green grass is only days away.

Yay! :welcome: I love when the paddocks start to get green!

Yes it's very exciting.

It is hard to believe though two days ago it was nealry 30 and we had a bushfire threatening houses and today is 13 raining and FREEZING!

Nice steady rain is what we need - brilliant :welcome:

Hi guys!

Just wondering, do you know of any good Bichon breeders in WA? Or anyone that has Bichons?

BichonCrazy :)

Lady Anne Morgan has Pompadoo or some odd name like that here in Bunbury

Contact : Anne Morgan Location : Bunbury WA Ph : 0897281162 ... Contact : Anne . Email : [email protected] ...

she is on DOL breeders

BichonCrazy, are you looking to buy or to just see Bichons? If you are looking to buy a puppy, do not limit yourslef to location. There are not a great number of breeders out there in WA. Also, keep in mind the people who purchase their chosen breed from different states. All three of my dogs came from the East. The cost is not that much higher, and I have to say each time the breeder matched temperament perfectly.

I know, but since my mother has to drive, she DOSN'T want to go down to bunbury. :heart::( I was thinking to get one from SA.. theres a nice breeder there, Oohlalah Bichons, but I still don't know.

And I want to see them aswell.. I hate waiting!!

Just a pet to cuddle and give love to :heart:

Ok. Well in that case as long as the breeder is ethical where the dog comes from is probably not a big deal. If you are relying on another person for transport I would contact some local breeders to find out if anybody will be showing the next weekend or the weekend after, because it is not guaranteed that they will be there and it would be horrible for you to be dissapointed when you are so enthusiastic.

Does anyone have details of the retrieving trial held tomorrow (16th May)?

I know the rough place, the equestrian centre in Upper Swan I think, but I don't know the time and the exact instructions on where at the equestrian centre it is being held :D I would like to go and watch the Novice trial which I know is first up, 8am I think.

I know, but since my mother has to drive, she DOSN'T want to go down to bunbury. :laugh::rofl: I was thinking to get one from SA.. theres a nice breeder there, Oohlalah Bichons, but I still don't know.

And I want to see them aswell.. I hate waiting!!

never heard of them ,make sure you do your homework about breeders

You showing on Sat ST or will you be too busy preparing for Gundog Club show?

I am going to be showing both days and both days the weekend after too. :mad Lincoln is in minor now so we might start to get points. You only get point at all breeds shows though right?

You showing on Sat ST or will you be too busy preparing for Gundog Club show?

I am going to be showing both days and both days the weekend after too. :mad Lincoln is in minor now so we might start to get points. You only get point at all breeds shows though right?

yes you will get 6 points each time you win the breed & more points if other chessies turn up

Valley you get points at all champ shows... so considering most of our champ shows where you can show a chessie ARE all breeds then yes that is where you'll get your points...

But you will be eligible for points at the Gundog Club Champ shows :hug:

I am showing at the GDC show on Sunday :mad I think my next show with Ari after that will be the Winter Festival... I am showing Charlie at a few more than that... but Ari needs a break and focus on other things.

Edited by SparkyTansy

LOl that's very keen!! I suppose I hadbetter think about bathing Ari...

Oh, does anyone know if they do Lure Coursing for breeds other than sighthounds for fun in WA? was just reading about it in another thread and thought it might be a fun thing to try with Ari... although in saying that I have been told not to encourage her to chase if i want to do retrieving! but still i'd like to know if i have the option to give it a try!