Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Okay, let me rephrase:

I think she was more enthusiastic than a Labrador :o:laugh:

Tiggy, RS was training for a new hybrid dog sport which is a cross between Obedience & Agility :):laugh:

Okay, let me rephrase:

I think she was more enthusiastic than a Labrador :):o

Tiggy, RS was training for a new hybrid dog sport which is a cross between Obedience & Agility ;) :laugh:

:)

I think she does enough sports already without inventing a new one :laugh:

Hello everyone :thumbsup: I need some advice.

I'm getting a new puppy on Saturday and today I went to two vets (O'Connor and Applecross suburbs.) I asked both how they go about vaccinations and both do them differently. The one in O'Connor does a C5 at 10 weeks and don't have the next one until the yearly vaccination. The vets in Applecross do a C5 at 10 weeks, vaccinate at 14 weeks and do yearly vaccinations after that.

Which is the better option for my puppy's health?

:eek: Whew - what a busy few pages!!! And lots of new doggy news too! Mirawee, you are having second thoughts about a baby girl kelpie????? Nooooooooooo........ :thumbsup:

You have not seen feral till youve seen Zola in action :o :o I cant understand how she couldve just turned 4 years old. She bahaves like a 12 month old, seriously :thumbsup: And I so love the way she barks back at me when Ive told her to do something, bounces around and barks defiantly, just has to have the last say - witch ;)

With all this talk of new dogs and pups, I have to admit Ive been visiting the Pug thread :o I want one soooo much. I adore their little square bodies and happy little faces! Last show I was at, I just happened to walk past a trolley full of them, all jumping and looking cute!! Think I will have to wait for a Pug though.

WX - I will get to visit. Soon I hope!! July has been such a shite month for me. Sickness, death and just alround yuckiness - cant wait for August!!!!!

Ptolomy - is your new pup another Toller??? They are such great looking dogs! If I didnt mind longish coats I would seriously think about one!

Vaders mum - I have done a little showing, a little obedience and lots of watching other people doing stuff :D :D :rofl: ..........I love the social aspect of showing, probly would like showing more if I had a dog that loved showing :thumbsup: . And I wish I had the enthusiasm to get off my butt and do either obedience or agility with my dogs. Oh well, at least Ive got two gorgeous dogs to take bush walking!!

Yay - I will get to go and watch the Agility in Bunbury on the 8th August!!!

Rat

or agility with my dogs. Oh well, at least Ive got two gorgeous dogs to take bush walking!!

Rat

Rat come and watch the obedience in Bunbury in September and meet the kids. Yep the new baby is a 13 week old male toller from Norway called Strauss :thumbsup:

Rat come and watch the obedience in Bunbury in September and meet the kids. Yep the new baby is a 13 week old male toller from Norway called Strauss :thumbsup:

Did you go see him today?

Ive been trawling seek and applying for everything I can and probably cant as well.. Dad has also prepaid for 6 driving lessons

Whooo Hooo!!! :thumbsup: Great news!!! :o

Today I am the proud owner of a new house and a new puppy.

Just need to win lotto tonight to cap off a great day :rofl::eek:

Lucky you!!! :thumbsup: I didn't really get a Toller cuddle the other day, they were too busy on the move! :D Hopefully you wil come to another meet though.

Hello everyone :D I need some advice.

I'm getting a new puppy on Saturday and today I went to two vets (O'Connor and Applecross suburbs.) I asked both how they go about vaccinations and both do them differently. The one in O'Connor does a C5 at 10 weeks and don't have the next one until the yearly vaccination. The vets in Applecross do a C5 at 10 weeks, vaccinate at 14 weeks and do yearly vaccinations after that.

I will be in the same boat in a few months and will be interested to hear what others think. I'd like to not vaccinate at all and will probably go with the lesser vaccination over a longer period of time rather that a C5 at 10 weeks and then nothing ...... in fact I don't think I will ever give a C5 vaccination again ..... will go for C3 if I can.

Hello everyone :thumbsup: I need some advice.

Hold up, forget the vaccination stuff, the most important question here is are you going to post photos of your adorable Airedale puppy on Saturday????? :thumbsup: :D

For me personally I avoid the C5 (don't believe my dog needs the extra kennel cough component, my first dog had a bad reaction to the C5 when he was a pup) with Trixie I got her the C3 at 10 weeks and that was it, she is 1 now so I am going to Titre test her soon to check that the vaccinations were successful as such. With my older dog I had him titred at 1 year of age and his levels were fine, I'm going to get him retested for interests sake when I do Trixie.

It's a personal choice whether you vaccinate yearly or not, pretty sure the AVA changed their recomendations recently to say vacs should be done every three years rather than yearly but not many vets seem to be implementing it.

There is a lot of info about vaccinations in the Health forum, it's worth a read. There are others on this thread far more knowledgeable than I and I'm sure they'll help you too.

Here are some threads I found:

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=200252

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=197004

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=196819

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=190030

or agility with my dogs. Oh well, at least Ive got two gorgeous dogs to take bush walking!!

Rat

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Wooooooooooohoooooooooooooooo!! Are you bringing the whole gang???

So who is else is heading down?? Is it worth me making CHOCOLATE CAKE???????? :D

Rat

Gees I will definitely come to BUnbury for chocolate cake. :thumbsup:

Not sure if Rubystar will come with me. I will try and bribe her by saying that I was her lucky omen last time :thumbsup:

I will probably bring down Scoota, Beans and Soggybear (all going well this will be her first trial) :thumbsup:

LR, I have never been 100% on getting another puppy since I have 4 dogs in the house already! However since we have made the decision to rehome Robi to someone who will spoil him rotten and somewhere that he won't be beaten up by a jealous kelpie room probably isn't an issue anymore. However, timing is since they would be 8 weeks mid October - and I have a week long work conference in the beginning of November then a week long holiday in Melbourne towards the end of November! So at this stage we will just wait and see what pups there are first then see who I can snag for babysitting duties at least for the 2nd holiday or just leave pup with the breeder until after the holiday :thumbsup: So that is my dilemma!

Vaccinations depend on what the pup had at 6-8 weeks. Our pups get C3 at 7 weeks. Then usually we give C5 at 11 and 15 weeks just in case we ever need to put them into kennels when we go interstate. If you don't need the KC part you can just give another C3 4 weeks after the initial shot and then they would be covered until the yearly booster.