Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Guest RosieFT

oooooooooooh she is sooooooooo cute!!! Can't wait to meet her. Hope you have had a lovely day with her. What does G think of her?

oooooooooooh she is sooooooooo cute!!! Can't wait to meet her. Hope you have had a lovely day with her. What does G think of her?

he packed his bags but after a trip out with Dad is ok :laugh: little monkey but soon as she grows up a bit he will be fine, Misambuca adores her

my hubby and quite possibly all 3 kids have whooping cough sorry needed a whinge i am especially worried for zac he is so snuffly, chesty deepest cough, he is so sleepy and keeps throwing up antibiotics to start after dinner hope they work

resume normal programming

oh so sorry to hear that whooping cough is awful, two of my kids had it in the 80's and it was very scary. Hope they all start to get better soon

Rusky, congrats on your new addition, what a cutie!

I don't normally look into this thread, but I noticed that there have been no DOL meets mentioned in the social events forum going back as far as February! So I thought I'd come straight to the source! :laugh:

My gosh look at Mason - he's all grown up! :eek: And what a stunning boy he grew into...but he has a BROTHER!!! When did that happen? I need to keep in touch more :o

I really have to beg, grovel and plead for a DOL meet so that my man can meet Mason, but be warned, there may be drool involved, he's as nuts for black labs as I am for great danes. I also need to be bowled over, drooled on and have muddy paws on me 'cos it's been a while since the last one and I'm having withdrawals from being sat on by various dogs. There are also heaps of DOL dogs and people that I still haven't met yet...

I know Horty it seems that none of us can get our act together and organise something for when the majority of us can make it. We should all make more of an effort and with most of the trials being on at night nov/dec we should tee it up one sunday but it has to be somewhere with water as both of mine feel the heat like crazy :) Gibbs is only 13 weeks so he is a recent new addition :)

I think im chickening out of my show on the 13 november, dont think i can do it...

Of course you can! Just look at it as some fun with your puppy, go in there and dont worry about what happens. Puppies are allowed to be naughty in the ring and as long as he has a good experience it doesn't matter :) Just go and get the first time in the ring over and done with. I always get nervous before I go in the ring but when I come out I wonder why because I really enjoy it :laugh: I will probably be there with the Ridgies if you need any support/help.

Plus MG I tink the older you leave it the harder it will be as more is expected from older dogs, whereas they expect babies to be naughty. There will be heaps of Lab people there so I am sure you will find someone else to take Gibbs in for you if you are too worried!

Kaperville O Eccles ADM JDM ADO JDO thumbsup1.gif

blimey RS you have a sense of humour too. I decided to pop a clear round in any comp with Mr G into my bucket list :laugh: I think we are going backwards. Maybe with a slower 600 ?? grow puppy grow :D

I think im chickening out of my show on the 13 november, dont think i can do it...

I'll do it :p

When are you coming down for show training? I'll make sure I come along to watch for a bit (as I'll be there for agility, anyway).

Edited by RubyStar

I think if i watch a show beforehand i may be ok, will try watch a bit after the trial on the 29th..

I have entered obedience on the 29th. I have Sasha, a black Keplie/Lab girl who is in Open. If you want I'll come up to the show with you and try to explain what happens. But, it's not really that hard, just be ready and listen for your number, with a baby boy you'll be one of the 1st in with the Labs. IMO, the important thing with a baby is that they have a good expereince in the ring, doens't matter if they behave or not, no-one expects much from a baby. You'll also be better off going in with a baby because it doesn't matter if you make mistakes either - starting in the baby class is the best place for the dog and handler to learn.

You should do it, best to entre while is in baby class and they dont expect them to stand like statues. Very easy and just watch the breed before you so you know what the judge is getting you to do. If I am not doing anything that day I can come and be the cheer squad and video if you want.

I think if i watch a show beforehand i may be ok, will try watch a bit after the trial on the 29th..

I have entered obedience on the 29th. I have Sasha, a black Keplie/Lab girl who is in Open. If you want I'll come up to the show with you and try to explain what happens. But, it's not really that hard, just be ready and listen for your number, with a baby boy you'll be one of the 1st in with the Labs. IMO, the important thing with a baby is that they have a good expereince in the ring, doens't matter if they behave or not, no-one expects much from a baby. You'll also be better off going in with a baby because it doesn't matter if you make mistakes either - starting in the baby class is the best place for the dog and handler to learn.

idea2.gif

Now I know who you are. Sorry, I'm a bit slow on the uptake :o

That would be great Livertreats and Washa :) never even watched a whole show before so im clueless. Will the other groups be on before us on the day??

No, each group starts at the same time (occassionly it is different but not often). There will be rings setup for each group that is on on the day. Some shows are over 2 days, so will have 4 groups on one day and 3 groups the next. The group runs in Alphabetical order, so you are probably about half way. I'm at work so can't check what is happening on that day. I'm not in groups 3 (Gundogs) either so dont know what breed comes first, but for example Goldies are on before Labs. But, once you get the hang of it it's not hard, and there are usually friendly people in the breed that will help you out. Will his breeder be there? I'll go through it on the 29th if you like, and I will probably be there at the Nov show.

idea2.gif

Now I know who you are. Sorry, I'm a bit slow on the uptake :o

:) I dont post much as I'm still learning really, I'm also fairly shy so it is just to scary to approach someone I dont know :laugh:

I agree with the others showing a baby as a novice is far easier than starting in minor.

Unless you plan to head to the country shows there after that date there are only 4 show in Perth you can enter & that includes NYE by next year your first show will be a minor & there will be lots of youngsters in that age bracket trained up plus all the show then are at night .

The baby class will be strong but so much more fun when you can watch & follow others