Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

The best experience is in the ring experience MG - and the best place to start is in Baby, and as i must sadly remind myself, they aren't babies for long. JT and Lulu are both entered in the show on the 13th also (first show out of baby class :cry:) - I am on last and RV is on first - if you want to watch what is going on in the ring, and then run through a few things, between us and your breeder, I am in no doubt that you will be just fine.

MG you will be fine, watch a class or two before so you get an idea of what they are after and tell the steward you have never done it before and they will help you.

We have no handling classes here so we watched then entered. Yep we made some mistakes but no-one cared :)

Seriously MG you will be fine. I went to one show before I showed Lincoln and one show class where the instructor was so mean to me she made me cry!

My first show was the Western Classic under an International Judge and I was scared Lincoln might growl at the judge when she tried to mouth him.

BUT I had the support of ST, Falomor and everyone else and I survived. ;)

Now what excuse could you possibly have that is anywhere near as scary as my first show?

I have a show on the 30th of this month with 2 baby puppies - One I have met twice and the other about 5 times! The little boy I can pretty well guarantee he will sit when the judge mouths him. Which is fine as I will then get him to stand again :thumbsup: The little girl is likely to bound around beside me on the end of her leash as she thinks that is much more fun than gaiting :rofl: But they are babies so it doesn't matter :thumbsup:

Yep ST, there are 3 baby Lappies entered (from 2 litters - Qld and Vic) all in their first show :thumbsup: They are so cute :) And a friend had 3 babies born on Sunday night too - one of which should end up in the show ring too :thumbsup: Then we find out around the 9th November what the chances of us getting a new pup are... So exciting times for the Lappies!

RV the 13th was supposed to be Gibbs' first show but iv had cold feet cant get down to show handling class and im too afraid to go in the ring until i do

Booker is entered too MG :) Just come down and give it a go, if Gibbs plays up in the ring it isn't the end of the world! Plenty of naughty show dogs out there! Booker is naughty :laugh: No one expects puppies to be perfectly behaved.

Hey you met RosieFT and I too, but probably didn't realise Booker is so massive already

I did? :laugh: I only recognise people by their dogs :o

Yep Booker was "boxing" all the puppies in pup class- he is all legs :laugh: He loved the little cav- but just about squashed it :laugh: He met his match with bedazzleds pup though- about the only other puppy that was bigger than him :D

Edited by boxagirl

Hey you met RosieFT and I too, but probably didn't realise Booker is so massive already

Yep Booker was "boxing" all the puppies in pup class- he is all legs :laugh: He loved the little cav- but just about squashed it :laugh: He met his match with bedazzleds pup though- about the only other puppy that was bigger than him :D

:laugh: Yeah I thought so, I'm the same :laugh: - both of our dogs were in crates at the time :laugh: RosieFT was playing with Pippa, we were standing near the Novice class

Yeah Zac is massive :eek: Those loooong legs

Think I had the smallest puppy! But greeting the bigger dogs didn't phase her, shes a bully to my Labs!! laugh.gif

RS I think the other little dog in our class was named Pippa too!! :laugh:

ETA: I think I have the naughtiest pup :rofl: My dog doesn't know how to sit still! But I was pleased with him for his first time at a training class- he didn't ignore me completely :laugh:

Edited by boxagirl

Another Pippa? Oh no! Going to be confusing laugh.gif What type of dog was it? I only met a couple of dogs last night. One was very submissive to Pippa (the black GR x), another (a BC) Pippa looked a bit weary of as it was boisterous, too! But overall, she wasn't phased by the new environment, and all the dogs and people she could greet!

And more rumbustious :eek::rofl: I was looking around and all these lovely puppies were sitting quietly with their owners...I had to actively keep Zac occupied the whole time!!! LAT to the rescue :thumbsup:

Booker was very well behaved!

He met his match with bedazzleds pup though- about the only other puppy that was bigger than him :D

And more rumbustious I was looking around and all these lovely puppies were sitting quietly with their owners...I had to actively keep Zac occupied the whole time!!! LAT to the rescue

Booker was very well behaved!

:laugh: Yes I was clicking and treating for eye contact for awhile and Books paid attention (much to my surprise) but then I didn't want to look like I was ignoring the instructor so I stopped :o

He is off to obedience tonight :happydance:

Just spotted the first bobtail lizzard of the year in my backyard :eek: Glad I found it before the dogs. Hate summer- we always get lots of bobtails (better than snakes I guess). Bondi usually just barks at them- but our old dog Barkly used to attack them :( and I think Booker would think they are great fun to play with too! :banghead:

Edited by boxagirl