Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Agggg after Mason battling an intermittent upset stomach for a week iv given in and i have to take him to the vet, think it could be some sort of stomach infection ( Gibbs had stomach troubles too earlier in the week but he is 100% now) mason has a good day then bad so i dont know whats up

Had the same with Lewis, thought he was getting better then back again.

He had a bacterial gut infection.

Agggg after Mason battling an intermittent upset stomach for a week iv given in and i have to take him to the vet, think it could be some sort of stomach infection ( Gibbs had stomach troubles too earlier in the week but he is 100% now) mason has a good day then bad so i dont know whats up

Yup vet not 100% sure what it is but he is on antibiotics. Gibbs' cleared up on his own

Yup vet not 100% sure what it is but he is on antibiotics. Gibbs' cleared up on his own

Hope he feels better soon!

Thanks RS, between the two of them they are sending me inssne. Gibbs has a slight cough still which they think is some small throat upper res infection, leaving it to clear on its own but if not gone by wed i need to take him in. KC would have been simpler!!

With Lewis's the vet did a slide of a swab from his bottom.

Within days he was 100%

If it is Salmonella(certain types) then yes I think it is. Usually though they are not transmissable.

I would maybe check that your fridge freezer is operating at the correct temperature and that your food has not been contaminated in anyway while stored int he fridge/freezer just incase say the dog meat was off and the packaging has leaked.

Edited by OSoSwift

Hey Guys, I havent posted on here for the longest time - just been skulking every now and then!!

I just posted a sarcastic/funny reply in the social gatherings forum-ee bit.............Hope whoever goes has a wonderful night! Sometimes, just sometimes I wish I was a bit closer to Perth & that I didnt have to do shiftwork :mad

i seem to spend far too much time on FB and not enough time here on DOL.

MG - I used to spend just about every second month with our two having upset stomachs....Never found out what the hell it was, but they are fairly good these days, although Zola is still prone to tummy trouble with her allergies. I now keep a bottle of Pink Stuff (Peptosyl) in the fridge and they get a dose of two of that if the get diarrhoea!

I will be at K9 on the 30th, watching the doggies run around the ring, and maybe even spying on the agility bunch :thumbsup: Im will attempt again to make some Chocolate Brownies to bring and share. So if theres anyone that wants to catch up, or meet me Ill be there :D

For those of you that show what sort if treat bag do you use in the ring?

I don't use one, but on the rare occasion I do take food in - and it sounds gross - but I put it in my mouth. Obviously, it has to be human food lol...but I know lots of people tuck food into the cheek. That way, you don't have a big treat bag flopping around on your hip while you run.

For those of you that show what sort if treat bag do you use in the ring?

I don't use one, but on the rare occasion I do take food in - and it sounds gross - but I put it in my mouth. Obviously, it has to be human food lol...but I know lots of people tuck food into the cheek. That way, you don't have a big treat bag flopping around on your hip while you run.

My friend does this sometimes Faolmor - with chunks of liver!!!! Makes me wanna puke!!!

I didnt use bait when I was showing my girl - she would have been doing summersaults in the ring, with excitement!!!!!

Faolmor - are you at K9 on the 30th (geez I feel like such a pathetic stalker when I want to meet people.....Im not really :o )