Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Ok it's real late at night here, I had an awesome time today and loved the dog who won BISS. The dog I was handling performed well but wasn't what the judge was looking for. It was pretty nerve wracking.

I don't have pics (yet) bit there was a pro photographer there so there will hopefully me some!!! :thumbsup:

Hey guys.

Not sure if this would be old news or not but on fb for Perth Pets in Need there is a warning out as apparently there has been 18 cases if baiting happening around Bertram/Gosnells/Kenwick

Thought I would share just in case, would hate to say nothing then read about something horrible later! :)

I bathed my dogs on the weekend (in an effort to aid stripping out all Millie's dead coat) and they both smell deeeeeeeelicous!!!! Not only that but they are soft and shiny and so smooth, and still smell purdy like the shampoo after a couple of days. My mum bought some new shampoo for Pippa that I used so now I am going to have to get me some for my girls. Not an expensive shampoo and I'm sure those in the know might not like it, but it certainly gets a thumbs up from me thumbsup1.gif

It's called Fido's Everyday Shampoo (and is soap free - I'm guessing that is a good thing?). It lathers up really well, I was impressed, so I didn't have to use heaps on them. I'm going to order some from here so if anyone wants to combine an order with me to share shipping let me know :)

I could even smell the girls in the back of the car last night as opposed to my usual car smell so maybe I've been convinced afterall to start bathing them more regularly rofl1.gif

Edited by RubyStar

I bathed my dogs on the weekend (in an effort to aid stripping out all Millie's dead coat) and they both smell deeeeeeeelicous!!!! Not only that but they are soft and shiny and so smooth, and still smell purdy like the shampoo after a couple of days. My mum bought some new shampoo for Pippa that I used so now I am going to have to get me some for my girls. Not an expensive shampoo and I'm sure those in the know might not like it, but it certainly gets a thumbs up from me thumbsup1.gif

It's called Fido's Everyday Shampoo (and is soap free - I'm guessing that is a good thing?). It lathers up really well, I was impressed, so I didn't have to use heaps on them. I'm going to order some from here so if anyone wants to combine an order with me to share shipping let me know :)

I could even smell the girls in the back of the car last night as opposed to my usual car smell so maybe I've been convinced afterall to start bathing them more regularly rofl1.gif

:thumbsup: gotta love a nice smell al i got last doggy bath as i forgot towels was wet dog smell :p

Sorry i only use oatmeal wash on my dogs

RS just be careful of highly perfumed shampoo's if you are training UD scent work. If you can smell it, imagine how powerful it is to the dogs as their noses are much better than ours. Less soap is very good.

Bugger, good point :(

Oh well, they can be bathed in off training periods laugh.gif They just smell so delish!! It's starting to wear off, though, but at least they don't smell bad! ;)

I use Khonke's Own Kleen Sheen :D A horse shampoo ;) It is the only thing I have tried on Banjo that I get a good coat washing him the day before a show. With the added benefit of not softening the coat on the dogs too much as both my breeds need a harsh coat for the show ring! It is also a lot cheaper than most dog shampoo and has good stain remover properties :p

Yeah I wouldn't use this one for a show Lab :rofl: A soft coat would get me disqualified from the ring no doubt rofl1.gif (though I'm fairly certain my two would be laughed out before the judges even laid hands on them! :p)

For pet dogs (who don't have sensitive skin), I love it and it's so cheap! thumbsup1.gif It's what Pippa's groomer uses.

P.S. Not trying to have a "best shampoo debate" here, just wanted to share how yummy my dogs smell and I want to keep touching them laugh.gif

Edited by RubyStar

I came this close to buying a bunch of Fido shampoos last night! I couldn't decide on which sounded the best so was going to get 250mL size bottles of the emu oil, the everyday, the herbal and another one :laugh: I kept researching though and ended up getting some Plush Puppy stuff that is meant to be really good for corgis. I would like my next corgi to be my showing sidekick so I see it as research :laugh: I bought a shampoo that's supposed to give a bit of body without softening the coat and then a conditioner to make my fluffy boy super silky :love: Can't wait for it to arrive!

I really want some of the apricot Black Hawk stuff too, I bet that smells divine.

Oh Apricot would be :love: I love fruity smells so if I can find a reasonably priced fruity shampoo that smells good on the dog, not just in the bottle, then I'd like to try it! I am more of a fruity person than a florally perfumey person, so I'm surprised I like the Fido one laugh.gif The oatmeal one I bought had no smell and it didn't lather so I was going through heaps of it. The tube was small and more expensive than the 500ml of Fido!

Guest RosieFT

Wish this had been posted earlier! LOL I just bought some dog shampoo for Rosie yesterday as her oat one has run out. i just picked a soap and sulphate free one for sensitive skinned dogs. cost almost $15.00, which is waaay cheaper than oat one.

Guest RosieFT

For those that i have been chatting to about Rosie's on again/off again lameness:

I had Rosie looked at today and it turns out I was not imagining things - she was very sore. Neck, and tricep but in particular her shoulder (the supraspinatus). She has been showing more obvious signs the past few weeks, especially after excersize.

So fingers crossed her treatment has put her on the road to recovery, and the next session is just to finish it off!

She is a sore dog tonight and I have had to use a heat pack on her shoulder - she was not sure what to think of that,but loved the cuddle on the couch (not normally allowed on the couch!!) .

Pleased to know I was not imagining things and also pleased (so far) that it was not a joint.