Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

I need to win lotto too ST. Well, want to.

I don't think I could conceive even if I wanted to after today - had the loudest squawkiest child in the reception area at work today, squealing for the sake of squealing, and every time it shrieked I felt my ovaries shrivel :eek::rofl:

SOrry to laugh at that amy but hahahahaha

*is secretly glad i don't have squealers*

Lol Amy you crack me up.,, PS just for you I have taken a pic of Gibbs crown jewels oiled, remember royal show obedience with the Dob lol!! Never forget that day.

ST my friend at work is 13 weeks tomorrow so you guys are must be due very close together :)

hey where do you guys buy your dog meat/bones from?

anyone know any good butchers or specialty shops?

Have found about 10 months ago they stopped having any doggy chicken products in the deli at major supermarkets.

At most coles you can only buy chicken necks, wings and some scrappy off cuts.

At Woolies ive seen turkey necks,chicken wing tips, wings, frames and some pretty lean brisket bones.

Both supermarkets are pretty expensive and the prices are always going up.

Have seen some bags of 3 or 4 chicken frames at Lenard's for $1 each

Lol Amy you crack me up.,, PS just for you I have taken a pic of Gibbs crown jewels oiled, remember royal show obedience with the Dob lol!! Never forget that day.

Oh don't remind me MG :laugh:

Have found about 10 months ago they stopped having any doggy chicken products in the deli at major supermarkets.

At Woolies ive seen turkey necks,chicken wing tips, wings, frames and some pretty lean brisket bones.

http://www.thepetchef.com.au/setup/

Used The Pet Chef for a while and he's good. Not using him at the moment though as I don't have enough freezer space.

Steggles, 116 Howe Street, Osborne Park, have a small shop where you can get chicken really cheap(think you may need to order in advance for things like wings/necks etc), it's all for human consumption but WAY cheaper than any shop)

They also directed me just up the road to Pets Meat Suppliers, 86 Howe St, Osborne Park. Where you get a box(of 12 or 14, I can't remember, x1 kg bags) of minced frames, roo and possibly other meats. Again VERY cheap, snap frozen, so much fresher than the mince you get at Lenards.

They sell bags of laying hens wings, cheaper than human grade of course.

And they have loads of other stuff available too!

Definitely worth checking out :D

Are ur guys ok on chicken then Raffikii?? Mason isn't unfortunately and Gibbs is seeing Mandy today so we will see what the verdict is. I'm mainly seeing her about his bee sting reaction but he def has some food issues too :cry: Yellow Labrador anyone???

Oh don't remind me MG :laugh:

Whenever Gibbs is laying upside down legs wide open Mau will say quick get a pic for Amy :rofl:

Are ur guys ok on chicken then Raffikii?? Mason isn't unfortunately and Gibbs is seeing Mandy today so we will see what the verdict is. I'm mainly seeing her about his bee sting reaction but he def has some food issues too :cry: Yellow Labrador anyone???

I've been lucky and neither seem to have food allergies/intolerances. Their main diet is still Canidae Pure Sea, but they get other things in kongs and training treats etc.

Could Gibbs will grow out of the reaction to bees??

Both of mine had very bad reactions to stings when younger, not sure if the desensitisation injections have helped, but both have been stung since and not had a problem.

I've been lucky and neither seem to have food allergies/intolerances. Their main diet is still Canidae Pure Sea, but they get other things in kongs and training treats etc.

Could Gibbs will grow out of the reaction to bees??

Both of mine had very bad reactions to stings when younger, not sure if the desensitisation injections have helped, but both have been stung since and not had a problem.

In Ruby's case, the allergy/reaction worsened with each sting. Did yours undergo bee desensitization and their reactions are less? That is great, gives me hope that if Ruby gets stung again her reactions won't be so bad. We are currently at week 11.

In Ruby's case, the allergy/reaction worsened with each sting. Did yours undergo bee desensitization and their reactions are less? That is great, gives me hope that if Ruby gets stung again her reactions won't be so bad. We are currently at week 11.

I just had a look at their original Intradermal Tests, neither actually got tested for bees/wasps :confused: just the pollens, moulds and other insects.

I have to assume that they haven't had that added to the desensitisation shots, and that they have just grown out of it?

Electra did get stung on the lip a few months back and swelled up, but has been stung before and since with only minor swelling/bump.

Guest RosieFT

Congratulations SparkyTansy - very exciting news! Is this your first?

wishing you all the best for an easy pregnancy, textbook birth and a healthy baby :)

I just had a look at their original Intradermal Tests, neither actually got tested for bees/wasps :confused: just the pollens, moulds and other insects.

I have to assume that they haven't had that added to the desensitisation shots, and that they have just grown out of it?

Electra did get stung on the lip a few months back and swelled up, but has been stung before and since with only minor swelling/bump.

You'd definitely know if the test included bees/wasps as it is a completely different test, at a completely different price tag laugh.gif

Hopefully yours have grown out of it like you say. However, be aware that swelling isn't the only sign of a reaction. My Ruby started out swelling insanely, then I thought the use of AH's was enough as the swelling didn't appear to be that great in the last 2 stings. Little did I know, her reactions were now all happening internally. The last sting she got quite sick (vomiting, lethargic, ears went mucky, not her usual self) so needless to say I took her to the vet and they found she was bleeding in her bowel or something and kept her in for the day. They couldn't give her an injection due to the bleeding. The next day, her ears flaps had swelled up like balloons!!!!!! They then gave her the injection and she was on pills to stop the internal bleeding.

MG's boy didn't swell but he went downhill very fast. Vomiting, diarrhoea, pale gums, shock. So just be careful and watch your guys for anything abnormal if they get stung!

Edited by RubyStar

Does anyone know, with regards to flying your dog with AAE, is it okay to just have polar fleece blankets in the bottom of the crate?

I don't want to buy a snooza mat or similar because I'm 95% sure Trixie will kill it lol (she gets annoyed when she can't dig a nest :p )