Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Love the colour changes - they are so perdy ;)

P.S I replied to both your emails and not sure if they went through!! i sent you new pics for them for Charlie and Ari but my email sux! still, i like the ones below. :D

Edited by SparkyTansy

vCBR, are you not doing the States?

Ozjen, I will contact you privately too, but in case I forget is it ok for Varda, Banjo and I to crash at your place on Friday? I was thinking of the weekend and getting home around midnight on Friday then having to be back around 7.30am on Saturday and thought I might just get Mum to do the ponies and stay down that way ;)

vCBR, are you not doing the States?

Nah I didn't enter states because I think I aready had Lincln entered in something on the Sat and I would have hated to qualify and then not be able to compete. :laugh:

I didn't get you email ST but I have been having a bit of trouble with things getting through to the inbox I use so I will have to check that out.

I'm getting a bit excited about states, hopefully my boss will let me leave work early on Friday so I can get a spot on the oval to put up my gazebo.

Amypie, States are usually held up on the showing grassed area :thumbsup: OzJen's sis was going to see if she could find out for sure where it is going to be held. We tend to set up on the far side from the clubroom... ie the area closest to the agility/obedience oval :thumbsup:

I had planned on leaving work at lunchtime on Friday... then looked on Monday and saw I have a patient until 2pm :laugh: However will get someone to fill in for the last test so hopefully I can leave around 1pm :rofl: With the aim to get to Canine by 5.30 :rofl:

Can someone please give me a quick rundown of what agility trials are coming up? I know I am stewarding a few, but in typical fashion haven't actually written any of this down so I need a reminder of what's on so I know where I need to be on what days/nights! :laugh:

I'm getting a bit excited about states, hopefully my boss will let me leave work early on Friday so I can get a spot on the oval to put up my gazebo.

Amypie, States are usually held up on the showing grassed area :rofl: OzJen's sis was going to see if she could find out for sure where it is going to be held. We tend to set up on the far side from the clubroom... ie the area closest to the agility/obedience oval :rofl:

I had planned on leaving work at lunchtime on Friday... then looked on Monday and saw I have a patient until 2pm :laugh: However will get someone to fill in for the last test so hopefully I can leave around 1pm :p With the aim to get to Canine by 5.30 :D

Ah okay. I probably won't get there until after 6 even if leave work early. If you guys get a spot is it too much to ask for you to save me 2.4m x 2.4m so I can set up my Gazebo near you guys? I would really appreciate it so I don't have to sit like a loner. :thumbsup: I'll bake treats........ :thumbsup:

Can someone please give me a quick rundown of what agility trials are coming up? I know I am stewarding a few, but in typical fashion haven't actually written any of this down so I need a reminder of what's on so I know where I need to be on what days/nights! :thumbsup:

From my unreliable memory:

This Friday State Agility Trial - judging starting 7pm

Saturday State Agility Trial - judging starting not sure what time, but too early for me :laugh:

Saturday 24th SRAODC trial, AM & PM trials

Sunday 25th GSDA Trial, judging starting at 12 noon form memory, held at GSDA grounds.

Thursday 29th April - Nationals heats & games

Friday 30th April - Nationals heats & games

Saturday 1st May - Nationals heats & games

Sunday 2nd May - Nationals Finals and also state team events I believe

Ah okay. I probably won't get there until after 6 even if leave work early. If you guys get a spot is it too much to ask for you to save me 2.4m x 2.4m so I can set up my Gazebo near you guys? I would really appreciate it so I don't have to sit like a loner. :rofl: I'll bake treats........ :D

If I wasn't stewarding I'd sit with you so you wouldn't be a loner :D you've got plenty of agility buddies, especially from DOL, so you won't ever need to sit alone as far as I can see. I hope by the time I'm ready to compete I have some buddies to sit with ready to go! (ie. you guys :laugh:) Took me a year to find some obedience buddies, much to my mother's relief, as she had to be dragged along with me and hated every minute of it!! My obedience buddies are more fun than my mum :thumbsup: We love our food and drinkies, don't we girls :rofl:

From my unreliable memory:

This Friday State Agility Trial - judging starting 7pm

Saturday State Agility Trial - judging starting not sure what time, but too early for me :thumbsup:

Saturday 24th SRAODC trial, AM & PM trials

Sunday 25th GSDA Trial, judging starting at 12 noon form memory, held at GSDA grounds.

Thursday 29th April - Nationals heats & games

Friday 30th April - Nationals heats & games

Saturday 1st May - Nationals heats & games

Sunday 2nd May - Nationals Finals and also state team events I believe

Ta!!! :p

Amypie, of course you can sit with us :thumbsup: Just remember vetting is 6-6.30pm.

To add to that list:

States on Sat starts at 9.30am (late start!)

Southern River am starts 9.30 (ok so it seems to be common :laugh: ) and pm is 2pm

GSDA trial starts at 1.30pm (can't start before 1pm due to ANZAC Day act for sporting events)

Nationals start 9am and then not before 1pm in the afternoon :thumbsup:

And then there is nothing until June unless you are going country!

Amypie, of course you can sit with us :rofl: Just remember vetting is 6-6.30pm.

Thanks :rofl: My dog doesn't need vetting, he has boy bits :thumbsup:

Going to try and get there at 6 so I'm not feeling flustered!

To add to that list:

States on Sat starts at 9.30am (late start!)

Southern River am starts 9.30 (ok so it seems to be common :laugh: ) and pm is 2pm

GSDA trial starts at 1.30pm (can't start before 1pm due to ANZAC Day act for sporting events)

Nationals start 9am and then not before 1pm in the afternoon :D

I knew I would've got some parts wrong.

Pretty happy that States is at 9.30 am this Saturday! Not as early as I thought!

I know :thumbsup:

Thanks :rofl: My dog doesn't need vetting, he has boy bits :laugh:

So does one of mine and the other is sterilised (it is nice not having to worry about if they are coming in any more!) :thumbsup: But you need to collect numbers by the end of vetting too :p

I keep checking waclick to see if the catalogue has been posted :thumbsup: I am sure it was last year!

ETA: States isn't as early on Sat as I thought either. But will still stay down that way I think if I can scam a bed :rofl: Just gives more time to go and get Maccas for breakfast :D

Edited by mirawee

I know :laugh:

I am bummed there is no obedience til the end of May, unless I wanna go country too! Nothing for like 6 weeks, then we have 2 on the same weekend. Talk about bad planning!!!

Thanks :D My dog doesn't need vetting, he has boy bits :laugh:

So does one of mine and the other is sterilised (it is nice not having to worry about if they are coming in any more!) :thumbsup: But you need to collect numbers by the end of vetting too :rofl:

I keep checking waclick to see if the catalogue has been posted :rofl: I am sure it was last year!

ETA: States isn't as early on Sat as I thought either. But will still stay down that way I think if I can scam a bed :p Just gives more time to go and get Maccas for breakfast :D

Yep hopefully they'll put it up soon so I can print it off. There's usually a notification sent out when they upload it.

Good plan with the sleepover, it will also be easier on you and the dogs not having to drive an hour home late at night then an hour back in the morning! (although the dogs may get worn out form playing instead)

Mmmm Maccas breakfast! I know what I'm getting on Saturday :thumbsup:

I'm hoping OH will be back by Friday from up North so I don't have to take Trixie to the trial. I suspect she may be coming into season though in which case she will definitely be staying home but I will feel bad if she is alone :rofl:

I want to start formal obidience with him soon but don't know which club to go to. :thumbsup: Anyone know which club will offer rally classes? I might join there so I can do Rally classes when they start offering them.

I don't think we'll get any rally-o clubs until it's ankc recognised. I'm joining Midland again on Tuesday after a two year hiatus :laugh: and maybe joining Perth to.

I want to start formal obidience with him soon but don't know which club to go to. :thumbsup: Anyone know which club will offer rally classes? I might join there so I can do Rally classes when they start offering them.

I don't think we'll get any rally-o clubs until it's ankc recognised. I'm joining Midland again on Tuesday after a two year hiatus :laugh: and maybe joining Perth to.

Eden Hill Dog Fellowship will be doing Rally O classes but not until mid July. This is because me [the instructor] does not want to start classes until I have done the competitors 2 day workshop and the judges workshop in early July. I have done Rally O before but not for some years and that was AKC rules. The ANKC rules [if passed] are based on the CKC [Canadian Kennel Club] and are slightly different to what I was used to. Since it has been so long since I have been involved with Rally O, it was discussed at our club and we decided to wait until myself and the other instructors and been to the courses.

I do have a registration form for anyone who is interested in attending the competitors seminar.