Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Is obidience on next Sunday at K9? I might come down dogless and sit and watch (and hopefully learn).

Yes it's Sunday but it's at Cloverdale.

Even closer to home. ;)

Cool, can I hire you to come and work my video camera? :coffee:

Of course. ;) I will bring a tripod maybe :(

Cool ;) And Maccas is very close too so I might have to force myself to eat something before the trial for a change :coffee: Last time I did Cloverdale was last year, and I got a coffee and Ruby spilt it all over the back of my car ;)

Edited by RubyStar

....and you are perfectly entitled to a good whinge too!!!!!!! It was a fund raiser trial and I always do extra well at fund raisers when there is nothing on offer ;) Out of interest what do people prefer? Free entry for the next trial, money, gifts as in cooler bags etc or trophy's? Me I like the cooler bags and stuff.
Seriously guys, Millie doesn't need a rosette, I just like having a good whinge every now and then :(

Yes see bedazzled feels my pain, she topped Open and UD and got nothing either :laugh: Had we competed in agility, we'd have gotten nice pretty rosettes and I don't think you needed to have won either to get one :(

I like trophies and ribbons/rosettes, even though they are currently collecting dust in my drawer! But I may set up a bookcase with them :o But the cooler bags and stuff you can use at trials is great! I have only ever won a "prize" twice, one was the cooler bag which I love, comes in handy! The other was a bag of Advance, for small breeds! So I gave it to mum and dad for their maltese :coffee: I find it odd that the majority of breeds competing are medium/large, yet the food on offer is for small breeds ;)

i like pretty ribbons would die if we got a trophy :( we have our first ribbon and it is being framed so can not wait rof. i hope to joing you all in obedience or agility one day.

....and you are perfectly entitled to a good whinge too!!!!!!! It was a fund raiser trial and I always do extra well at fund raisers when there is nothing on offer :coffee: Out of interest what do people prefer? Free entry for the next trial, money, gifts as in cooler bags etc or trophy's? Me I like the cooler bags and stuff.
Seriously guys, Millie doesn't need a rosette, I just like having a good whinge every now and then ;)

I'd like a pretty ribbon :(

You have to enter Sophie first for a chance :o Your almost "debut" trial is next weekend, you should have entered!

I know I'm chicken ;) but her leg is still sore anyway so more rest for her :laugh:

Is obidience on next Sunday at K9? I might come down dogless and sit and watch (and hopefully learn).

Yes it's Sunday but it's at Cloverdale.

Just a few minutes from my home, I might stroll along and watch as well :coffee:

GR is that your future puppy in your sig! ;)

I also got to handle Cider in the show ring wearing 3/4 trackypants, sneakers and a suit jacket that I luckily had in my car! :( 6 points for the soggybear!!! :coffee:

Thank you thank you thank you you looked beautiful ;) ;) The only thing missing was your agility shoes. I promise next time i will give you a little more warning. Soggy loves being with you because you give her way more treats than I do :laugh:

Thanks to Rach for entertaining Strauss Mouse yesterday.

Yes see bedazzled feels my pain, she topped Open and UD and got nothing either :coffee: Had we competed in agility, we'd have gotten nice pretty rosettes and I don't think you needed to have won either to get one :(

You did need to win your height for an agility rosette. Jenna got second and didn't get anything. Made up for it this week by getting a rosette and trophy though. Slowest first place she has ever won ;)

And next time there is a fundraising trial for obedience tell us and I am sure between us DOLers we could cover 4 rosettes ;)

Edited by mirawee

Yes see bedazzled feels my pain, she topped Open and UD and got nothing either :coffee: Had we competed in agility, we'd have gotten nice pretty rosettes and I don't think you needed to have won either to get one :laugh:

You did need to win your height for an agility rosette. Jenna got second and didn't get anything. Made up for it this week by getting a rosette and trophy though. Slowest first place she has ever won ;)

And next time there is a fundraising trial for obedience tell us and I am sure between us DOLers we could cover 4 rosettes :(

Slow and steady wins the race!!! :o

Well that has to be my motto, no way a Lab is gonna win on speed! Well, unless your name is Millie, she could give anyone a run for their money... however, she won't stop looking at me long enough to take more than one jump ;)

Edited by RubyStar

Was amusing as there were 4 dogs that Qed (combined height trial) Kyzer and Jenna had both gone clear so we are standing there and AP was sure that Jenna had beaten Kyzer and we were sure Kyzer had beaten Jenna. Well Jenna won by less than half a second :thumbsup: So very close between the two, neither of who did their best possible effort :thumbsup:

ETA: Up to Masters any breed of dog can win as it is a challenge to go clear LOL... at Masters level I don't expect any of my dogs will be in the placings unless everyone else bombs!

Edited by mirawee

The other was a bag of Advance, for small breeds! So I gave it to mum and dad for their maltese :thumbsup: I find it odd that the majority of breeds competing are medium/large, yet the food on offer is for small breeds :thumbsup:

I dare say that was a left over from the Nationals, not as many little dogs turned up as they hoped :laugh: and they were handing out the food as prizes at later trials.

Yup, he's the one on the left :laugh:

Squeeeee adorable!!

Was amusing as there were 4 dogs that Qed (combined height trial) Kyzer and Jenna had both gone clear so we are standing there and AP was sure that Jenna had beaten Kyzer and we were sure Kyzer had beaten Jenna. Well Jenna won by less than half a second :laugh: So very close between the two, neither of who did their best possible effort :laugh:

ETA: Up to Masters any breed of dog can win as it is a challenge to go clear LOL... at Masters level I don't expect any of my dogs will be in the placings unless everyone else bombs!

:laugh: Man I wish I saw the runs of the other two dogs who Q'd, they must have been sooooooooooo sloooooooowww if our two slow poke runs beat them :laugh: Seemed like a generous SCT though.

I also got to handle Cider in the show ring wearing 3/4 trackypants, sneakers and a suit jacket that I luckily had in my car! :laugh: 6 points for the soggybear!!! :thumbsup:

Thank you thank you thank you you looked beautiful :laugh::thumbsup: The only thing missing was your agility shoes. I promise next time i will give you a little more warning. Soggy loves being with you because you give her way more treats than I do :laugh:

Thanks to Rach for entertaining Strauss Mouse yesterday.

It was really no problem :laugh: She is such a sweet little girl and it was good for me to brush up before Adelaide! :laugh: Only think is I forgto her age so the judges got told 'around 12 months' :laugh:

Edited by valleyCBR

I loved meeting Strauss!!! He is so adorable and such a clever little guy. Scooter and Cider are gorgeous as well, may have developed a soft spot for the breed after meeting them all. I am going to have such a tough time when it comes time for a puppy (long time away) I think I will just have to moosh a whole lot of dogs together (Trixie, Jenna, Strauss and a few others hahaha) Was really good seeing everyone as well. You guys have to let me know when there is a showless weekend so we can have a meet at Perry's Paddock! But everything will be fairly hectic leading up to the royal wont it?

I loved meeting Strauss!!! He is so adorable and such a clever little guy. Scooter and Cider are gorgeous as well, may have developed a soft spot for the breed after meeting them all. I am going to have such a tough time when it comes time for a puppy (long time away) I think I will just have to moosh a whole lot of dogs together (Trixie, Jenna, Strauss and a few others hahaha) Was really good seeing everyone as well. You guys have to let me know when there is a showless weekend so we can have a meet at Perry's Paddock! But everything will be fairly hectic leading up to the royal wont it?

I can't speak for agility or conformation, but I have obedience the 3 weeks out of the 4 in September!

I blame Cider if I switch to the red side :thumbsup: She is just too adorable!