Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

I thought that Midland had stopped holding agility classes since the shed burnt down?

I live in that area and go to Perth Training and Obidience Dog Club in Ashfield.

Mirawee, I am in Midvale, was hoping to find somewhere close to home to train, currently doing obedience up in Stoneville.

Midland Dog Training has beginners agility but your dog would have to be 12 months old because they don't have the puppy class like the ACWA. Midland has obedience Tuesdays and agility/dances with dogs Thursdays. :D

Guest RosieFT

Amypie- eek! Trixie must have grown over the holidays - but Rosie is a touch small for a foxie so I guess not that hard to out grow LOL Would be happy to have a play date sometime :-)

RS - yes, well, you CAN get some very big pots.... hee hee... will let OH know if ever science gets too much for him... :-) .. mind you, the kids seesaw is brilliant, we will see how the dog one goes!

oh, anyone who does agility, is the fee an annual fee from the start of the year or from when you enrol? I joined last term, but as it is a new year i was wondering if i have to renew??? thanks :-)

Actually put up some jumps and did a bit of work with Rosie this evening. Seems the jumps are no problem.... but weaves.. arghhh have to look into how to best teach that one!

I tried 2x2 method and just got looks of confusion from Kyzer (probably my fault though) so I taught him using a channel, eventually bringing them in, and starting to point them out at angles, then closing up. He's still learning but he did get the idea.

I really want to try the 2x2 method down the track with Trixie though.

Will I see you down at agility tomorrow night? Please come and rescue me if you see me and I look lost and confused!!! :D The same goes for Amypie and ozjen, you guys, keep an eye out for me cos I am scared of signing up for new things!! :D

I made jumps out of PVC and joiners, was easy!

I'll keep an eye out for you tonight, if you look lost I will point you in the right direction :cry:

Amypie- eek! Trixie must have grown over the holidays - but Rosie is a touch small for a foxie so I guess not that hard to out grow LOL Would be happy to have a play date sometime :-)

Yep :cry: She's 8kg now, how big is Rosie?

There was a baby Manchester at obedience last night, she was 14 weeks and so little and adorable, hard to believe mine was smaller than that at one stage! I wanted to kidnap her.

oh, anyone who does agility, is the fee an annual fee from the start of the year or from when you enrol? I joined last term, but as it is a new year i was wondering if i have to renew??? thanks :-)

It's an annual fee payable on the anniversary of joining. They'll usually have a list of whose fees are due at the desk.

What class are you in? Any idea what class Millie and I will be in?

I'll keep an eye out for you tonight, if you look lost I will point you in the right direction :cry:

Holly's Mummy, as has been said, the only group to do puppy classes that I know are ACWA. If you are happy to wait until older then you can go to Midland or Perth Training (Ashfield). Midland on Tuesday nights is closest to you for obedience.

Hi HM :) and welcome to the Forum! Merlin is a cutie, love his eyes! Hope to see you in here in the future.

Mirawee - hows the Birthday Boy going??

Rat

Banjo had a very slack birthday as I wasn't feeling well so spent most of the day in bed :cry: He then did some jumping training since I have realised he is in a team for the WC and had never done a broad jump before :D He did that without an issue though so have a month to now get him used to collapsible tunnels and spread jumps :D Am starting to think that my other kelpie, Kinta, might end up on the team instead (she is the reserve)

RubyStar, I will have to get OzJen to introduce us :D

Yup :thumbsup:

I feel like such a child. I'm nervous AND excited about tonight! :rofl: Can't believe I'm actually getting round to joining. Wanted to join with Ruby 2 years ago but put it off, but now that I have Millie and can see she'd be a better agility prospect than Ruby (well, fingers crossed!), I'm biting the bullet! :D

Hello - Yes im going to the contest of winners.. Any excuse to get dressed up :thumbsup:

My MIL-to be has her golden retreiver competing! If you would like someone to sit with I think she is booking a table and I will see if we have a spare seat and you could sit with us

I thought that Midland had stopped holding agility classes since the shed burnt down?

I live in that area and go to Perth Training and Obidience Dog Club in Ashfield.

The new club house looked almost finished when I was there last week for the show 'n' go. You're right they're not doing agility until it's built but it shouldn't be far off :thumbsup: .

I probably will be... I might have just taken on showing a little bitch, we will see how some shows go and make a decision from there :thumbsup:
Re the Western Classic - anyone going with Dalmatians on Friday night???

Rat

Oooooh, nice!! Im "researching" my next dog - and wanting to get to know Vizslas and Dalmatians! I may come and annoy you CnR - hmmm, may even bring cake!

Rat

That would be great CnR :rofl:

Lincoln went to the vet today for his 12 week booster and was very brave, he was also adored by all the vet nurses who came out to say hi. :thumbsup:

Hello - Yes im going to the contest of winners.. Any excuse to get dressed up :D

My MIL-to be has her golden retreiver competing! If you would like someone to sit with I think she is booking a table and I will see if we have a spare seat and you could sit with us

Will introduce you to Lee - breeder of the said Dalmatian and I have handled others of hers too. I dont know anything about them - except they are a handful to handle :thumbsup:

I probably will be... I might have just taken on showing a little bitch, we will see how some shows go and make a decision from there :rofl:
Re the Western Classic - anyone going with Dalmatians on Friday night???

Rat

Oooooh, nice!! Im "researching" my next dog - and wanting to get to know Vizslas and Dalmatians! I may come and annoy you CnR - hmmm, may even bring cake!

Rat