Silver Mesh Walls

Dogsfevr

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I bought mine from Great Rugs and love them. I have just given 2 of my friends one for Christmas as they were so amazed at the difference they make to the temperature. Love the fact that they already have velcro attached, so nothing else is needed to attach them to the gazebo, and they exactly fit the gazebo sides length and cover the full drop so you don't get any sun sneaking in underneath. Not sure of the website, but Great Rugs advertise in Dog News. Try www.greatrugs.com.au

why are these better then shadecloth? Particularly the 90% stuff.

They actually reflect the heat and are just wonderful. I bought the ones from the US and they are excellent. Easy to buy and cheap. They work well for my pugs, in fact I now have a coat for my black boy from the same material - to go over the cool coat so that if he is in the sun he really is cool!

You can now also get the silver mesh coats lined with silky material, again from Great Rugs. No, I have no business interest in Great Rugs, just like the products they are offering to make our showing life easier.

Wish these had been available when I bought my silver shade mesh coat without any lining. Does catch on the coat without a lining, and not very sturdy either. I don't leave mine on my girl unattended, and she is well behaved, just worried that it might catch on something and rip. :)

• 7 months later...

In summary - silver mesh sides to gazebo

There are 2 types, but the "all metal" ones are better than the others with are sliver thread. The "better silver mesh" comes from the USA eg Clean run and petedge and this may be cheaper than purchasing them here in australia (but who stocks them here in Oz, and will the USA ones fit my Compact Gazebo???)

now that everyone has used their silver mesh over last summer, does anyone have any suggestions as to what to purchase, or not? (im just getting back into showing after a long absense)

I am also thinking of getting a tarp as a fly to suspend above my car to keep it in the "shade". as there will be air between the tarp and the car, and it will be solid, I cant think that shade cloth or silver mesh will give me any advantage, or have I missed something (I will be using tent poles and guy ropes - Im only showing one dog, so I arrive "late" compared to everyone else ! so there is never any shade left) I would aslo get a "side" to this arrangement, if by chance I would need to stay on till the end of the show !!!

I have a Golden Retriever, how good are the silver mesh cooling coats for large dogs, and which is the best type

Thanks in advance. (Ive made quite a few purchases based on teh advice from the forums!!)

In summary - silver mesh sides to gazebo

There are 2 types, but the "all metal" ones are better than the others with are sliver thread. The "better silver mesh" comes from the USA eg Clean run and petedge and this may be cheaper than purchasing them here in australia (but who stocks them here in Oz, and will the USA ones fit my Compact Gazebo???)

now that everyone has used their silver mesh over last summer, does anyone have any suggestions as to what to purchase, or not? (im just getting back into showing after a long absense)

I am also thinking of getting a tarp as a fly to suspend above my car to keep it in the "shade". as there will be air between the tarp and the car, and it will be solid, I cant think that shade cloth or silver mesh will give me any advantage, or have I missed something (I will be using tent poles and guy ropes - Im only showing one dog, so I arrive "late" compared to everyone else ! so there is never any shade left) I would aslo get a "side" to this arrangement, if by chance I would need to stay on till the end of the show !!!

I have a Golden Retriever, how good are the silver mesh cooling coats for large dogs, and which is the best type

Thanks in advance. (Ive made quite a few purchases based on teh advice from the forums!!)

The silver mesh walls let air through, so when used overhead would allow hot air to rise above the wall, and when used on the side, will allow breezes through. As well as this, I'm not sure how much heat a tarp would reflect, so may not provide a very dense shade.

I have the Petedge silver sides, they are the good ones and I love them. If you don't want to buy direct from USA then Sway sells the same ones. She is in Melbourne and has the Whelping Supplies business (advertised here on DOL I think)

If I wanted to string something over the car it would be one of these sides.