Litters Due In February 2010

Bilbo Baggins

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have 14 days left to go, (on day 49) she has refused to eat anything since yesterday morning and is following me everywhere, she is constantly lying streached out and finding it very hard to get comfy, and wants to hide under the chairs but is to big to fit :grouphug:

I keep telling her she needs to hold onto them another week at least. ;)

Getting close to some due dates now! So exciting!

We laid both my bitches on their backs side by side earlier...... my non pregnant bitch is fatter!!! :welcome:

Someone needs a diet I think lol

I think I might have felt some flutterings but am trying hard to not get my hopes up until we have puppies on the ground and healthy!

Another day of not eating much at all she has only had a half a cooked sausage since the 24th, not sure what is going on I think maybe she is feeling a little nausea, she seems to go to eat then just spit's it back out again.

I started taking her temp when she started her weird behaviour 2 days ago and last night was the highest I had yet at 37.8 and now back down to 37.3 this afternoon.

she has taken to pacing the house most of the night and crawling in and out from under our bed.

has anybody got any ideas on what would get her to eat?

I have tried mince, sausage and her fav dog food roll, chicken mince and canned food. Also tried some puppy milk not interested at all.

This is a dog that eats anything, but just can't seem to temt her.

should I be worried?? :mad

(Edit to fix my terrible spelling)

Edited by choc_bordercollie

Another day of not eating much at all she has only had a half a cooked sausage since the 24th, not sure what is going on I think maybe she is feeling a little nausea, she seems to go to eat then just spit's it back out again.

I started taking her temp when she started her weird behaviour 2 days ago and last night was the highest I had yet at 37.8 and now back down to 37.3 this afternoon.

she has taken to pacing the house most of the night and crawling in and out from under our bed.

has anybody got any ideas on what would get her to eat?

I have tried mince, sausage and her fav dog food roll, chicken mince and canned food. Also tried some puppy milk not interested at all.

This is a dog that eats anything, but just can't seem to temt her.

should I be worried?? :)

(Edit to fix my terrible spelling)

I would be trying EVERYTHING to get her to eat something- chook breast, tinned fish, various dog foods from the supermarket etc Ziva also ate some kibble soaked in the puppy milk. My girl was very fussy for most of her pregnancy and I was trying something new every few days as well as hand feeding her etc. She was a difficult girl!! And yes, she too is normally a garbage guts :thumbsup:

Also agree with taking her to the vet- better to be safe than sorry!!

our selma also had to be hand feed in the last few weeks so would only eat tuna so we would add stuff to that like veggies etc the pups are 3 days old and i am still hand feeding her.

Ziva was the same, on the 4th day though she ate on her own :dummy: And is now scoffing every meal as well as snacking on kibble throughout the day.

day 51- we have set up her whelping box and she has taken to it well, I went out and got her a dietry supplement and mixed it into some raw mice and hand fed her today and she has eaten about half a cup of it throughout the day. She also a a little puppy milk for breakfast aswell.

she still is not keen on eating but with A LOT of encouragement she gives in.

day 51- we have set up her whelping box and she has taken to it well, I went out and got her a dietry supplement and mixed it into some raw mice and hand fed her today and she has eaten about half a cup of it throughout the day. She also a a little puppy milk for breakfast aswell.

she still is not keen on eating but with A LOT of encouragement she gives in.

Keep at it :laugh:

My girl also likes 'Nutrigel', we have never used it before but someone suggested having it on hand and I'm glad I did- at the very least it made me feel better knowing that she was getting some nutrition!!

mmmm looking at Miss Tiggs I am wondering if Skip didnt get to her earlier then the mating i personally saw...she is HUGE for just 3 puppies with 3 weeks to go....She up in the house just in case...I did take pics too, have to upload them..

mmmm looking at Miss Tiggs I am wondering if Skip didnt get to her earlier then the mating i personally saw...she is HUGE for just 3 puppies with 3 weeks to go....She up in the house just in case...I did take pics too, have to upload them..

Can't wait to see those pictures

I have 10 days to go, getting excited as this is only my 2nd litter, I just hope I remember what to do it has been just over 2 years since my first litter :)

I have had bitches that would not eat much during the last few weeks and up to two weeks after the puppies arrived, came across this recipe and not one of these fussy girls refused it, they are normally fantastic eaters, I also include it in with the weaning of the puppies, they end up having it for their supper.

500 ml Lactose Free milk or Goats milk.

2 egg yolks

2 heaped tablespoons of plain Yoghurt

1 tablespoon of honey

1 dessertspoon of cold press flaxseed oil

5 drops of Pentavite.

Whisk together and refrigerate, it will last for at least three days.

When I am giving it just as a supper to puppies, I leave out the cold press flaxseed oil and reduce the Pentavite to two drops.

As you can see it is a complete meal, mine just love it.