Pup Left To Starve.

Parkeyre

The look in his eyes :thumbsup: He's just got.... nothing....

I don't see 'nothing' in his eyes. I see hope. That's the part of dogs that amazes me. I think 'hope' is the very last thing they let go of.

This is from a 'coffee table' book I've recently purchased :

"A dog's demonstrative behaviour, far from indicating any inability to reason, is a measure of their enormous compassion, optimism, hope and a capacity for forgiveness that should leave us all withered with shame."

I say "amen" to that, for it is so true.

The book is "Why Dogs are Better than Cats" .... :happydance2:.

The author is Bradley Trevor Greive and the book contains lovely photographs by Rachael Hale.

I hope this little guy makes it and lives long enough to know the comfort, care and humanity that humans are capable of.

I agree with the poster who suggested that perhaps the pup has been lost. I hope so. I feel ashamed at what insidious things some people can and will do to animals and we've heard so much about these things of late I am very concerned inhumanity is on the increase rather than the opposite.

I do agree with what you are saying Erny.

And I hope that he is a victim of a lost dog instead of one whom has been neglected.But to be very honest I dont think that is the case.

I think he has been seriously neglected.

How can one who does this call themselves human. How can one whom breathes in this world do such neglect to an animal who has done no one any harm.

I see eyes of hope. Forgiving eyes whom bear no grudge because all they want is love and affection.

They dont know what they have done yet they endure what we humans do(correction..they endure what the scumbags dish out to them)

Edited by stonebridge

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just horrible - but with kindness, compassion and hope this little darling should be OK in time.

----------------------------

TAPUA LABRADOR RETRIEVERS

Edited by Tapua

A Good News Update

I'm the lucky foster mum. The newspaper photo was taken nearly three weeks ago and puppy is recovering better than anyone expected. He has gained 4.5kg since then and has been home with me for 10 days.

These photos were taken at the two week mark, and he looks healthier every day. He has plenty of puppy energy for playing with my German Shep X and he's always ready and willing to give cuddles to humans.

4159209415_4d34803fbf.jpg

4159964978_56f92138d5.jpg

MrsT ..... Welcome to DOL and thank you for posting. There are many people who will go to bed with lighter hearts for your up-date.

If the well-wishes coming from here are to count, your new family addition will bounce to full recovery in no time. That is certainly what we all hope for and it is good to see in your pup's eyes his faith in 'hope' restored :mad.

And his name is ...... ? :laugh:

Edited by Erny

And his name is ...... ? :mad

A shelter worker called him 'Fatso' :laugh: , we're calling him 'Puppy'.

I'm glad I googled for the newspaper article to get the before photo. That how I found this forum and I couldn't resist sharing the photos.

Its great to see how well he looks now, and happy. Well done Mrs T. :mad what an improvement, poor little boy. I don't understand how anyone could let a living soul get to that state.

Thank you all you wonderful people in rescue, :laugh: you are all amazing people. You restore my faith in humanity. And that's a tough call for me sometimes.

A Good News Update

I'm the lucky foster mum. The newspaper photo was taken nearly three weeks ago and puppy is recovering better than anyone expected. He has gained 4.5kg since then and has been home with me for 10 days.

These photos were taken at the two week mark, and he looks healthier every day. He has plenty of puppy energy for playing with my German Shep X and he's always ready and willing to give cuddles to humans

I managed to hold the tears in until I read your post and saw your wonderful photos, now I am a blubbering mess!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the wonderful wonderful job you are doing with that little boy, I am so happy to know he now knows how love feels and his past will be erased by the wonderful future your are creating for him.

Thank you

This makes me sick to the stomach and brings tears to my eyes. Poor little sweetheart :D ;) I SERIOUSLY just do not understand where some people come from, it's heartbreaking to say the least ;)

These people need to be dealt with seriously by the law, a bit of the same treatment could work - lock them up, no food, no water, see how it feels :eek::o

Dogs truly are the sweetest, kindest beings who want nothing more than to be loved - it's not hard, it really isn't.....

Edited to add: Mrs T you are what makes the world go round, a true Christmas angel, thank you!!! :o :D

Edited by BooBooBear

:):rofl:

He looks so much better now he's put some condition on.

I used to go to Whyalla for university, I thought mis treatment on animals wasn't happening <to that extent...> in Whyalla.

I've heard some horror stories in Port Augusta, <where I Live> over the past three years.

He's a beautiful puppy, he must love you to bits!! He might not want to leave you!