Proofing With Distractions

ness

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would hope that you train Novice with the plan of going through to UD and UDX!!!! :):) I ask because you have previously answered that you couldn't or wouldn't train train without using food. You really do have to train this transition :D

LOL - well we'll see how she goes! Neither of us have ever trialled before, so we'll try and get through CCD first :D

I train Daisy in food drive so her ultimate reward will always be food. However, that doesn't mean that I don't also use praise or play drive to get her excited and reward her as well. Just that I wouldn't get the same result using purely praise, that I do when I use praise + food.

Is that what it's called? :D Didn't look much like swimming to me....more like trying to stay afloat while Alex and Snazz swam circles around him :)

Batteries are flat :)
Judging from the photo Bedazzled - Brookies holiday is going well LOL

...all that "swimming" :D

I noticed a couple of dogs are taking a break from training. Is this something you do at the end of the season and how long for?

All my kids get a break (except the baby) following the last agility trial for the year - so mid December through to the end of January. It is a long year and we all need a break, me included, and I find they come back firing on all cylinders when we start back again.

It is a fine line having them ready for the Classic at the end of February :)

At the moment all the kids a shooting daggers at the baby when I take her outside to train :)

Yep Tiggy Ptolomy spells all her older dogs (anything other than the babies) over Christmas after their last trial for the year (which was mid December). Ness gets the same and has been since she has been trained to do all the UD exercises which has been the past couple of summers :) .

Ness is only on swimming and fitness work over summer and has been since our last trial on the 13th of December. Also helps give her time to get over an injuries and keep her enthusiasm fresh for when we start back :) . Kenzie isn't because she has way to much energy and way to much still to learn :D .

I've pretty much abandoned heelwork and distraction training over the Christmas break, I felt like a break myself :) But I've done a teensy bit of dumbell work, fronts, and SFE/steady feet game. Very little, though. We've spent most of our time off just letting them be dogs and have fun, lots of beach swimming :) I'm just about ready to get stuck back into it! Not liking the fact that the Western Classic is in Feb this year! :D

My girls get a break over Xmas as way too hot for us tender souls here.

Besides one should be in a whelping box mid January and at times she suffers what a friend of mine calls placenta brain. :thumbsup:

First trial back for the other should be mid Feb at Nanango. :)

Ptolomy were you wearing crocs in that video :whee::champagne: . I can't believe Cider is already six months old. The last picture I saw of him he was a little fluffy baby.

Yep I love my crocs - have them in lots of different colours - only have to be honest - they are the cheap Target version :thumbsup: