Asha's Thread

becandcharch

No- she didn't really know she was in trouble for chewing the couch- she was reacting to hubby's voice tone/body language.

I have always heard that this is true and its from the experts so im sure it is!

Will try your approach next time persephone. Just a question about this -

When Charch was younger and had done something naughty he seemed to give himself away before we did anything.

We would come home from work and he would straight away have the 'my owners beat me face' (Im quoting you there Ruth!) and we would then know that we had to go and find what the little bugger had done!

If he hadnt done anything they he would greet us with wags and smiles!

Ruth we take them both for a big walk and then some off lead fetch/play time or obedience in the morning. When Asha hits 12 months Cam will start taking her running with him.

Her sit, drop, stay and recall are so good now! She's a smart cookie!

edited to make sense!

Edited by becandcharch

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bec, my dog knows when he has been naughty too. We get home and he is nowhere to be seen. We immediately check the yard, and sure enough he will have found something and destroyed it. But if he has been good, he is there to greet us at the door.

Bec, my dog knows when he has been naughty too. We get home and he is nowhere to be seen. We immediately check the yard, and sure enough he will have found something and destroyed it. But if he has been good, he is there to greet us at the door.

And as much as you want to be cranky at them its also kinda cute :cry: Well provided its nothing of mine he's chewed!

Yes well, you were always bound to find out that little Asher wasn't a total angel :thumbsup:

I found with Sash, she was meek and mild and scared for the first few weeks, then her confidence grew and as she 'discovered' her new digs she tried to 'find' her boundaries, and then once she really settled, the training started kicking in and she understood she was here to stay and properly bonded with us - she figured she'd best be good otherwise she'd be shipped out of her new paradise like the last time I suppose.

In saying that though, I did wake up to find 3 large holes in the yard this morning (that I had to cover up before OH saw after he spent hours laying out new topsoil). Occasionally we do get odd naughty occurence still - although we've just gone back to work after having 3 weeks off which I think has thrown her a bit... she was quite happy having mum and dad at her beck and call 24/7.

I also know straight away when Sasha has done something naughty, or something has happened - she knows. One day I came home at lunch time (which usually gets greeted with a half asleep look and maybe a tail wag - she figures what's the point of wasting her excitement when I'm going back to work again LOL) and got greeted with a tap dancing dog that looked like she had ants biting her bum. I went out, and our old side gate had blown down - not her fault, but she wasn't sure of that :thumbsup: . Sash has NO poker face.

Yep your right there, she is toootally at home now :thumbsup:

We do some sort of training with her everyday. She really is picking things up quickly.

Whatever the 2 of them get up to during the day totally exhaustes them and they are filthy! Come 7pm they are comatosed !!

Can i borrow them please to wear my lazy bones out? :)

Sash seems to get her second wind about 10pm :eek:

You're lucky, it took me a good couple of months before I could get Sasha focussed and motivated for training. She just wasn't interested in food or treats, and had the focus of an gnat. Once I got her attention though, she learnt things amazingly quickly and surprised us all. After that, she was a changed dog.

Lucky Asher is so damn gorgeous - I'm sure you'll see a number of 'imperfections'... but they're so worth it! :rofl:

When hubby called her over and sid "Asha, what this?' off she bolted! Didnt she know she was in trouble!

He had to go and get her, carry her over to her hole and tell her NO!

:laugh: No- she didn't really know she was in trouble for chewing the couch- she was reacting to hubby's voice tone/body language.

carrying her over to the hole and telling her no would not have meant much to her at all except perhaps made her wary of being caught/carried ...

Unless you catch them in the act- ignore.Do not fill in/block any holes with them watching, either- it just makes it a more interesting spot for next time :laugh:

I know everyone always says this... I don't know if I'm the only one, but I have to say I disagree. When I first got my puppy, I adopted that approach and didn't involve him when I found an accident on the floor. He wasn't bad, but we had a couple in the first week. However, they all abruptly stopped when, on the advice of the breeder, I started taking him over to the site and telling him no. We did that twice, and he hasn't had an accident since. I'm not sure if some dogs are different from others, and I know for sure that my dog is incredibly clever - he learns new commands/tricks in about a minute, but his response to me showing him his accident at least seemed to indicate that he understood. They know their own pee, and if you express unhappiness with it there, but great pleasure when it's outside, I think at least some dogs can connect the dots.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

Persephone I call the 2nd one Booze Hounds :laugh:

I would love to watch what these 2 get up to while we are at work.

I was trying to get them to sit up and pose for me and they could barely keep their eyes open! They look like they've been on the turps!

They were seriously falling asleep right in the middle of my shots.

An outtake -

4287621492_f42ed1ff8f.jpg