Asha's Thread

becandcharch

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations on adopting a wonderful rescue dog... doesn't it ever make you sit back and wonder why they end up in these situations needing a new home? Sometimes it's baffling.

Methinks that love is in the air - and I don't just mean between the two furries.

It's great that you are experiencing the magic of a rescue dog - they can test you sometimes (although doesn't seem to be happening at your house LOL), but there is something distinctly special about them.

What a wonderful Christmas gift for Asha to have her own new home, a furry friend and famiy that adore her... what more could a sweet dog ask for? I adore the photo of her named 'pretty girl' - reminds me of my own rescue babies gorgeous eyes. She indeed looks to be an extremely special girl.

Merry Christmas to you and your now-extended family - may you be blessed with many happy years together :rofl: and thank you for giving this lovely girl a home of her own and somewhere to belong.

Thanks again everyone.

Kelly Louise you just made me cry! Thankyou for your beautiful message.

I feel like such a sook at the moment but I look at her and cant help welling up. She's just so precious and im so happy to have her in our family.

I cannot for the like of me think of how anyone could have dumped her. We were told that her owners didnt have time for her anymore.

Charch has just started to get his bossy boots on a little. Sometimes when Asha comes over to us he comes and barges her out of the way, cheeky sh#t.

We are making sure we pay him heaps of attention so he knows loved and althought they play very well I wont leave them home alone together until im totally comfortable.

Guest belgian.blue

She's stunner, really reminds me of my first ever dog Tiffany. But Tiff had an overshot bottom jaw, so cute.

Congrats on giving her a wonderful home :rofl:

Thanks again everyone.

Kelly Louise you just made me cry! Thankyou for your beautiful message.

I feel like such a sook at the moment but I look at her and cant help welling up. She's just so precious and im so happy to have her in our family.

I cannot for the like of me think of how anyone could have dumped her. We were told that her owners didnt have time for her anymore.

I know the feeling well... Sash has been with us just over a year and I'm still enamoured with her... her grateful smile and constantly wagging tail still makes me well up after all she went through. Her trust in us even when she is scared amazes me. I've owned dogs my whole life, and my old cattle girl is my heart dog - however, there is something so special about a rescue that has convinced me I'll always have one in my life.

Seems ridiculous that Asha's family didn't have time for her... perhaps it's just fate and she was meant to be with you guys.

I hope your boy gets his bossy pants off soon... I guess it will be an adjustment for him too. I love the photos, apart from Asha being a divine photo subject - it's nice to hear and see the good stories come Christmas time!

Congrats on the new edition to your family, she is beautiful. May I just say you are quite the photographer, Ive always had an interest in photography and then I see photos like yours and I am just so inspired. My two greatest passions rolled into one,(dogs and photography). I cannot wait to get a rescue but at the moment we already have two dogs and I so desperately want another but yeah long story but not allowed as of yet.

I hope you and your family have a fantastic Christmas and a happy new year.

Thanks Naomi. You should head over to the photography threads. I have learnt a lot in there :hug:

JS I hope one day your living arrangements allow to to get another. Its so lovely to watch them.

Penny N Nugget his colour is called Blue. I see them everywhere now.

Here's another of the pretty one

asha1129.jpg

And another just because. Im so happy with the way they are with each other.

Its a good balance.

This photo totally sums up how these 2 play.

Charche takes play time very seriousy. If your not first - your last.

Asha couldnt care. She just wants to muck around and be silly.

4207228083_cdbf25ea67.jpg

I love it... seems Asha has found her niche with you and your family, and slotted in perfectly.

Can't ask for much more can you?

I'm thrilled that you have such a beautiful fur baby and things are going so well.

Thanks Kelly Louise :)

Im off to buy them a shell pool due to this revolting heat. I'll be sure to get a few good snaps when that gets used ;)

Let's just hope Asha likes water... apparently Sasha loved water when she was awaiting a home, so i did the same and bought a shell pool, but she just didn't seem to love it when she came to live with us.

If she's really revved up, she loves it and will dive through it and splash about - otherwise when it's hot she'll just walk through it, back and forth but won't play in it or get really wet. She just likes to get her paws wet to cool down - that's good enough for me and was the purpose of the pool in the first place. Oh, and she has to go in on her terms, otherwise it's a no go ;)

Hmmmm... wanna swap? :)

Only jokin', as eccentric as Sash is i wouldn't change her for the world... well... maybe just a little bit... ;)