Removing Wee Smell

aspenleaf

OMG! I've done it. Has anyone ever tried Milton on a wee patch in carpet to eliminate the odour?

Tessa did a wee in my daughter's room the other day. I was cleaning it and cleaning it, then we had the rain and the humidity and the smell was disgusting!

When I clean the mouse cage every morning, I wash the treadmill using a Chux and detergent. It doesn't get rid of that amonia so I tried Milton and it worked perfectly and have been doing that ever since.

So I thought I'd try it on the wee patch in my daughter's room and it has worked! Sure her room smelt like the local swimming school at first, but now it's totally neutral. I'm so excited about that. Not sure whether I'll get a huge bleached look on the carpet (I'd say so) but if anyone has a carpet or mat that they don't care about getting a bleached look on, try the Milton. It's bloody great.

Thats a great tip Berry! :confused:

I presume you mean Milton the steriliser?

I've tried the vinegar and orange spray, and whilst I'd prefer the natural approach I still find the smell lingers.

Interesting about the BioZet too!

How is the lovely Tess going btw? I think more pics are in order!! (of her, not the wee patch :rofl: )

Yes, that's very interesting about the Bio Zet. My washing machine uses that to wash our clothes in.

Hi Dee, Tessa is lovely thank you for asking. I want to take some pics but OH has taken the camera down South ie Melbs.

Tessa is still destroying our back door and side gate when we're out but we're working on it. It's been two months already. I'm hoping that the separation anxiety or bad behaviour will start to calm down. I'm hoping for a visit by the lovely behaviourist but she is flat out at the moment. I'm bloody well determined to nip this behaviour in the bud.

I've read 'I'll be home soon', seen two billion episodes of Cesar Milan, and seen the Fennell DVD. I've just got to be patient. Other than that, she's the best dog in the world.

How's Honey doing? I've been following your thread.

xox.

I feel your pain about the urine smell.

I have recently discovered that my adored Whippets have tarnished their good reputation and been having a peeing competition in the house! I have never caught anyone in the act mind you!

I have found wee stink in the carpet mats, the beanbag and the wall!

Needless to say I got the carpet shampooer out and spent four hours doing that, the hessian backing still smelt so I got some spray stuff - have ordered Urine Off- and went to town!

I still thought I could smell it so I also bought some Eucalyptus spray in a can, for two reasons 1 - to help hide/get rid of the smell and 2 to try and discourage the little shits from going there again!

I will also liberally spray the top and bottom of the carpet mat with Urine off When I get it.

It is an awful smell and I keep thinking people can smell it, but too polite to say and will go off thinking I am some weird woman who lets her animals pee inside!

They are now tethered close to their bed unless my eyes are firmly on the little so and so's!

Edited by Rommi n Lewis

Yes, that's very interesting about the Bio Zet. My washing machine uses that to wash our clothes in.

Hi Dee, Tessa is lovely thank you for asking. I want to take some pics but OH has taken the camera down South ie Melbs.

Tessa is still destroying our back door and side gate when we're out but we're working on it. It's been two months already. I'm hoping that the separation anxiety or bad behaviour will start to calm down. I'm hoping for a visit by the lovely behaviourist but she is flat out at the moment. I'm bloody well determined to nip this behaviour in the bud.

I've read 'I'll be home soon', seen two billion episodes of Cesar Milan, and seen the Fennell DVD. I've just got to be patient. Other than that, she's the best dog in the world.

How's Honey doing? I've been following your thread.

xox.

I think its a good idea to get a behaviourist in- she'll sort you out! :confused: Just takes someone to point you in the right direction. :laugh:

Honey is wonderful, so far no problems other than trying to figure out what she knows and what she responds to training wise. She is such a big cuddlebum and a good girl. :eek: We love her so much!

I remember talking to you before we saw her and thinking how lucky you and Tess found each other- now its me too!! :rofl:

I hope you dont still feel ashamed about Darby ;) . Sad things happen sometimes and its hard enough going through that pain without feeling ashamed too. :rofl:

xx

I'm another one for white vinegar n water mix sprayed onto the wee - then I use a 'slurpex' (not sure they are available anymore) or an old towel and stomp the towel into the wee patch until you have an almost dryish carpet left behind ( you can do this 2 or 3 times) and then i sprinkle fairly thickly carb soda on top of the stain and leave for a couple of days and vacuum - this works........have BioZet here as well which I used as well as the above on old cat stains.........!!!!!!!!

Rommi n Lewis I have also tethered a couple of older rescue dogs that were not that flash with the toilet training right next to their beds during winter and then straight out the door as soon as they wake up or I go out.........this works....just takes a while!!!!!! Naughty little turds!!!!!!

• 1 month later...