2010 Brags Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bugger huski but ah well hopefully it was fun :eek: . Lovely night here Ness has managed to find most of her broken gloves exercise and Kenz did some lovely heelwork at the agility trial. I know she can do it its just a matter of somehow getting her over her hang up of strangers enough that she can still prance rather than just go through the motions :( .

Bugger huski but ah well hopefully it was fun :( . Lovely night here Ness has managed to find most of her broken gloves exercise and Kenz did some lovely heelwork at the agility trial. I know she can do it its just a matter of somehow getting her over her hang up of strangers enough that she can still prance rather than just go through the motions :laugh: .

Sounds like they both did nice work for you Ness :eek:

I always enjoy going to trials, I haven't stewarded obedience before just agility so it was a great experience. It also made me feel a lot more confident about trialling myself!

Lucky I only had to run out into the rain for figure eights, the poor judge's pants were totally soaked through!

Edited by huski

Yeah Ness is working brilliantly at the moment - think she is waiting until our first trial for it all to go pearshaped :eek: . She is a bit demanding to but hey I will take attitude with her because at least she is enjoying herself. Rather that to dragging an unwilling party to the table and at 9.5 if she decides she no longer wants to play then I will have to respect that decision. Lucky for me she seems to still think we have unfinished business to attend to :laugh: . My only issue with her at the moment is the bloody thing probably will get through all the UD exercises and we will get to stays and she will break her drop stay because she won't settle anymore :laugh: .

As for Kenz she has her moments - those are the times I decide maybe its not time to give up on her just yet.

ETA. huski its certainly a bit of a relief when you watch other people make errors in the ring and then you think maybe your dog (or your handling) isn't quite as bad as you thought they were :( .

Edited by ness

Yeah Ness is working brilliantly at the moment - think she is waiting until our first trial for it all to go pearshaped :eek: . She is a bit demanding to but hey I will take attitude with her because at least she is enjoying herself. Rather that to dragging an unwilling party to the table and at 9.5 if she decides she no longer wants to play then I will have to respect that decision. Lucky for me she seems to still think we have unfinished business to attend to :laugh: . My only issue with her at the moment is the bloody thing probably will get through all the UD exercises and we will get to stays and she will break her drop stay because she won't settle anymore :laugh: .

As for Kenz she has her moments - those are the times I decide maybe its not time to give up on her just yet.

She's amazing for 9.5 - she certainly doesn't look that old!

ETA. huski its certainly a bit of a relief when you watch other people make errors in the ring and then you think maybe your dog (or your handling) isn't quite as bad as you thought they were :( .

Yeah even at training when I know people are watching us I get so nervous, and stressed, but stewarding tonight gave me a chance to watch a dozen run outs and it showed me it wasn't that scary :laugh::o And yeah it does help when you realise your dog isn't actually that bad :laugh: :D

:eek: huski - she is acting like a brat at the moment and certainly not a 9.5 year old. She was screaming her head off while I was doing stuff with Kenz tonight. Not happy and in fact decided she would work for the same toy Kenz had been playing with because I had no food on me and she was missing out on doing something :( .

Of course I can't talk about the trial ring - I still get nervous with Ness even now and will probably be the same with Kenz :laugh: .

My first brag for the year from our first games trial - Riv and my sister's Border teamed up to win first place in strategic pairs for their titles giving River his full set of novice obedience/agility/games titles :(

We only had one pass but couldn't have been happier with his attitude for all 3 of his runs tonight so very proud of my little one :eek:

Edited by Rivsky

Semi-brags here from me from the Western Classic.

Heelwork tonight was ok.. I've had better, but she stayed with me and it got more focused towards the end. It was HOT so she was puffing and panting the whole evening. The judge must have thought it was pretty good though, we got 38/40 for it. :eek:

Edit: OK I just watched it back, yes I've had better but it actually wasn't that bad :laugh: Just a few wide moments on turns which are more than likely handler problems (the left about turns were 100% handler problems, no doubt about it).

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE brag for SFE - WE DID IT :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :o :D

I had no hopes whatsoever to pull off an SFE tonight. Judge is also a conformation judge so lets just say the SFE's aren't your casual stroke down the back! I was even contemplating leaving the ring after the heelwork to avoid the SFE that I thought would end very badly. But I'm glad we stayed - she didn't move a paw! Not even a hair on her paw moved :laugh: VERY HAPPY :D 30/30.

Passed recall and change of position, sitting on 195/200 with stays to go.

And whaddya know, she drops on the sit stay. Little *****!!

But I'm ecsatic that we passed the ringwork, and even more so that we managed an SFE, woooohoooooooooo!!

I know there are some other brags to come, especially from someone else in Novice tonight :(

Edited by RubyStar

You deserve huge congratulations RubyStar for all the effort and training you've put in to get this result :eek: That was a really big ask and a great accomplishment to do that SFE particularly under that judge. Great ringwork too. :D Just a bit more training on those B*****y sit stays :D

Heelwork tonight was ok.. I've had better, but she stayed with me and it got more focused towards the end. It was HOT so she was puffing and panting the whole evening. The judge must have thought it was pretty good though, we got 38/40 for it. :(

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE brag for SFE - WE DID IT :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::o :D :laugh:

I had no hopes whatsoever to pull off an SFE tonight. Judge is also a conformation judge so lets just say the SFE's aren't your casual stroke down the back! I was even contemplating leaving the ring after the heelwork to avoid the SFE that I thought would end very badly. But I'm glad we stayed - she didn't move a paw! Not even a hair on her paw moved :laugh: VERY HAPPY :D 30/30.

But I'm ecsatic that we passed the ringwork, and even more so that we managed an SFE, woooohoooooooooo!!

I know there are some other brags to come, especially from someone else in Novice tonight :laugh:

Thanks for the congrats everyone :laugh:

Caffy has a big brag from tonights trial :( C'mon girl....brag away....you deserve it! :eek::laugh:

Proud as punch of the dusted off agility dog....Snazzy entered his first obedience trial and won Novice on 198 :laugh:

Congrats to Rubystar...you must be ecstatic with your SFE and fig 8 and congrats to bedazzled again for passing UD and Open :laugh:

Well done Smoothie girl and my special Bronte dog! She has improved SO much and you should be very proud of her. I am very proud of both of you :eek:

Congratulations to everyone else- although i now don't trial myself, i love reading of the successes and journeys!

Proud as punch of the dusted off agility dog....Snazzy entered his first obedience trial and won Novice on 198 :eek:

OMG, CONGRATULATIONS :(:laugh::laugh:

You sneaky bugger, you didn't tell me he was entered. Shine is now even more proud of her brother than she already was.

Way to go Snazzy - just watched the video clip and he looks very good :eek: .

Sounds like some promising stuff there RubyStar so fantastic work. Looking forward to seeing the video when you upload it :( .

Edited by ness

Heelwork tonight was ok.. I've had better, but she stayed with me and it got more focused towards the end. It was HOT so she was puffing and panting the whole evening. The judge must have thought it was pretty good though, we got 38/40 for it. :eek:

Edit: OK I just watched it back, yes I've had better but it actually wasn't that bad :D Just a few wide moments on turns which are more than likely handler problems (the left about turns were 100% handler problems, no doubt about it).

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE brag for SFE - WE DID IT :o :D :laugh: :laugh: :D :D

I know there are some other brags to come, especially from someone else in Novice tonight :laugh:

OMG Rubystar!!!! That's bloody fantastic :( Now where is the video????

Proud as punch of the dusted off agility dog....Snazzy entered his first obedience trial and won Novice on 198 :laugh:

Congrats to Rubystar...you must be ecstatic with your SFE and fig 8 and congrats to bedazzled again for passing UD and Open :laugh:

Well done Caffy :laugh: