2010 Brags Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats on the results last night guys!! :laugh:
BUT it was the drop on recall in the middle of the agility ring to avoid the dog walk, that got everybody talking LOL

:cry: did you really get him to drop in the middle of it? I would have loved to have seen that! :( Please tell me this round is on video! See, having an obedience dog in agility can sometimes be useful :( and shows the obedience tasks aren't just glorified tricks, they actually do come in handy for day to day! :D

The look on the judges face was priceless :D

And the spectators too :mad

Smart thinking in a tough course that had many dogs DQed. :mad

Congrats on the results last night guys!! :thumbsup:
BUT it was the drop on recall in the middle of the agility ring to avoid the dog walk, that got everybody talking LOL

:thumbsup: did you really get him to drop in the middle of it? I would have loved to have seen that! :) Please tell me this round is on video! See, having an obedience dog in agility can sometimes be useful :mad and shows the obedience tasks aren't just glorified tricks, they actually do come in handy for day to day! :laugh:

The look on the judges face was priceless :mad

I have seen xena96 do that with one of her dogs on more than one occassion :laugh: .

I used my herding stop command on Piper at the Royal 1 year to prevent on off course - it worked, she passed, gained a title and 2nd place. LOL

I want to have a little, very little, brag :laugh:, last night a friend & I went to Strath for our first agility training session, I used Pebbles & Izzi & she had her two Min. Pins., we had a great time & all the dog's did very well, no real problems with anything. Izzi even enjoyed herself & Pebbles was her usual self "WOOHOO lets do this" I used some of my herding words on some of the gear, the steady & stop cues came in very handy. So next week we'll be going back & giving it another go, see told you it was a little brag :laugh:.

That's great, Dova :happydance:

My teensy brag, is that on my first session with Millie to get her to play tug (C/T for any interest in it and building on that), she seemed interested in the tug and touched it a few times with her mouth :thumbsup:

Got another little brag, Thursday we went herding training & all three worked great & :dancingelephant: Izzi is over her/my problem because she was almost back to her old self again ;). Pebbles is going better than I ever dreamed she would :laugh: & Delta is showing a lot of promise now all I have to do is teach her the side & stop cues :D. Now if Pebbles passes tonight at the obed trial it will be the perfect week :laugh:, I'll be on here bragging up a storm :).

I finally have an obedience brag :o

Darcy and I finally hit the Novice ring today, about 2.5 years after she got her CCD title. I've had a bit of a battle with her motivation in the obedience ring as I did too much paddock bashing with her as a young dog (first dog) and the word "heel" was a cue for her to switch off totally. Agility was also a big reward for her and obedience paled in comparison so it's not been an easy run to get her to this stage.

She ended up being the only pass in the ring - tough ground (rabbit poo everywhere!) and tough judge (took ages on the SFE with a hat and coat on and we ended up doing what would be an open level heel pattern here in Vic!) but I was really happy with her work. She was motivated and happy and worked well. :(

Not only did she win the ring, she also got HIT and highest scoring member for our club. Despite the fact that I took 8 points off her recall score by standing her instead of letting her autosit - my nerves are so bad in obedience so who knows what was going through my head at the time :eek: ;) Lost 4 points in heeling, all my fault for looking at my dog while heeling and one RAT where I stuffed my footwork. :rofl: But we did it!! :rofl:

Congrats everyone!

Yep......still waiting for the first 2010 trial for me :eek:

Looking like Acteon will have his first open appearance and Roxy will debut at the May Ulverston OT :(

I am looking forward to Acteon's open debut & the lovely Roxy (who I am still to meet with her new owner) in Ccd?

We are holding a mock novice rally-o trial too, after the obedience has finished, hope you will hang around for it :o

Congrats everyone!

Yep......still waiting for the first 2010 trial for me :(

Looking like Acteon will have his first open appearance and Roxy will debut at the May Ulverston OT :crossfingers:

I am looking forward to Acteon's open debut & the lovely Roxy (who I am still to meet with her new owner) in Ccd?

We are holding a mock novice rally-o trial too, after the obedience has finished, hope you will hang around for it ;)

Yeah CCD, she's pretty solid on the general work but stays have been an entirely new concept.

Rally O afterwards.......... maybe, see how the day goes.