South Eastern Kc 9th Jan

Skiska

Hi all

Due to extreme weather forecast on Saturday 9th January the South Eastern KC Show will be starting at 7:30AM - judging STRAIGHT THROUGH TO GENERAL SPECIALS.

Please forward on the message to anyone and everyone, especially those not on computers!!!

Permission to cross post!

Regards

Leanne

on behalf of Lynne Harwood

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Leanne, the club and its committee is to be commended for its quick response with ensuring the safety and well being of dogs, exhibitors, judges and stewards.

We can only hope that during these hotter months other clubs follow suit when the temperatures are so extreme.

Good luck to all who are entered.

Guest CaptainCourageous
... ensuring the safety and well being of dogs, exhibitors, judges and stewards.
It does mean a tight turnaround between shows - maybe home midnight depart 6am for me.
Bureau man on ABC radio suggested Saturday may be a lot cooler than 38C.

I noticed Friday's show starts at 6pm - that could be roasting.

The Saturday decision could have been deferred till Thursday morning - guess we'll see (or feel) what happens.

Bureau forecast at 5.30pm for Saturday is still 38 degrees. Local CFA have predicted it may get even hotter in the area as neighbour's brother is in CFA here.

Don't know where you read it from but on BOM as of 4.20pm is is 34 for Saturday

Forecast for Saturday

Sunny. Winds north to northwesterly averaging 15 to 25 km/h tending south to southwesterly up to 35 km/h during the morning then easing to 20 km/h later in the evening.

CitySunny.Min21Max34

Guest CaptainCourageous
Updated 7/1/10 11.40am

South Eastern Kennel Club show Saturday 9th January 2010 at KCC Park

Will commence judging at the scheduled time of 9am due to the BoM reducing expected top temperature to a more comfortable heat for dogs and exhibitors. Lynne Harwood

Don't you love two threads on one topic!

Bureau forecast at 5.30pm for Saturday is still 38 degrees. Local CFA have predicted it may get even hotter in the area as neighbour's brother is in CFA here.

so you are reading from a CFA link so why even mention the neighbours brother :D

at 5.30pm the Cranbourne weather site today(Friday) was showing 36.6 degrees.

Glad I am not going tonight- too hot!!!!

Well I went and I am glad I did. Sure it was warm, but you get that in summer! Just need to look after our dogs and ourselves.

at 5.30pm the Cranbourne weather site today(Friday) was showing 36.6 degrees.

Glad I am not going tonight- too hot!!!!

Well I went and I am glad I did. Sure it was warm, but you get that in summer! Just need to look after our dogs and ourselves.

Me too, had a good night! Dogs were kept cool in their cool coats and play pen

And for the record, just incase anyone missed it...

9AM start for Saturday!!

I made a cool mat with the extra large blue gel thingies. I froze them and put them in pillow cases. My dog thought they were wonderful! Add the crate fan, the spray bottle of ice water and he hardly got a chance to even pant :D

Results please??? :laugh:

No not for you LOL :D actually don;t know any group 2 sorry :laugh:

Group 5

BIG Aussie Shep - Ben and Ana's girl Blue merle Aust bred

RIG Sheltie - Sue Lishmans Inter bitch

BPIG Puli

MPIG Aussie Shep

PIG ?

JIG Corgi Pem

OIG ?

We had a lovely evening Zara Best of Breed Collie Rough and her half sister Nalani Minor of Breed

Cheers Kate