South Eastern Kc 9th Jan

Skiska

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, as the weather has dropped, it is back to a 9am start time.It's on the DOGS Vic website and they announced during the night.

Group 2

BIG - Staffy (Bronyayr Comedy of Errors)

RUBIG - Wire Foxy

Baby - Smooth Foxie

Minor - Staffy

Puppy - ?

Junior - RUBIG

Inter - Cairn

Aus Bred - ?

Open - Staffy

Sorry I missed some, was putting cool coats back on dogs and getting changed and missed a few classes :D

Best of Breed Border Terrier was Burrowa Canny Lad

Bitch CC was Ricki, not sure if her of Archie were RUBOB.

Brian had a good night picking up an 11pt Best of Breed from the minor class, the judge was aparently a JRT breeder from Italy!

Edited by weisnjac

I've not entered but if I had I would have been in bed at least 3 hrs ago to get up for the 7.30am start and not even thought of looking at the VCA site for an update at 1 - 2 am in the morning. Think they need to refine this a little.

I've not entered but if I had I would have been in bed at least 3 hrs ago to get up for the 7.30am start and not even thought of looking at the VCA site for an update at 1 - 2 am in the morning. Think they need to refine this a little.

The update has been on the DOGS Vic website since Thursday but I do see your point. A lot of confused people yesterday trying to find out what time it was starting.

Group 5

BIG Aussie Shep - Ben and Ana's girl Blue merle Aust bred

RIG Sheltie - Sue Lishmans Inter bitch

BPIG Puli

MPIG Aussie Shep

PIG ?

JIG Corgi Pem

OIG ?

Cheers Kate

Congratulations to Ana, Ben and Delta for winning BIG and then the big one Best In Show :laugh: :D

Do you know who the Minor Puppy Aussie was?

as per the Heat Policy .... everyone should know that they need to check the DogsVic website ... and decisons have to be made 36 hours before the event.

I agree Ceildh and not everyone has a computer, especially the older exhibitors.

Once a decision is made is should stay. At 9am this morning in Cranbourne it was already 30 degrees and it is getting hotter all the time so I personally think they should have left it at 7.30am start,

Have to congratulate my dearest friend Katrina Staniland on getting DCC and RUBOb with her Intermediate Collie Rough "Guinness" aka Kinrina National Velvet :( .

Guiness has been quite ill recently so this was an achievement . He is a beautiful tricolour Lad. His litter was hand raised after the dam had to be PTS when the litter was only 4 days old after massive complications with her whelping.

as per the Heat Policy .... everyone should know that they need to check the DogsVic website ... and decisons have to be made 36 hours before the event.

it was made, to change the time to 7.30 am, when was it changed to 9 am?

See post 8 in this thread. 36 hours notice was given.

Updated 7/1/10 11.40am

South Eastern Kennel Club show Saturday 9th January 2010 at KCC Park

Will commence judging at the scheduled time of 9am due to the BoM reducing expected top temperature to a more comfortable heat for dogs and exhibitors. Lynne Harwood

At 12noon the Cranbourne site said 38 degrees. Glad I was not entered and quite a few in my group who got CC's did not wait around for Group Specials as I have had a few calls with results etc.

12.30pm news said 39 degrees with cool change but here it is as hot as hell and not a cloud in the sky or even the sign of a change- justy damn hot northerly winds.

It was till 32 degrees at midnight.

Tomorrow will be hotter than the forecast 33 degrees if we do not get a change soon.

Then Monday 41 degrees!!! Someone ought to ban Summer :(

At 12noon the Cranbourne site said 38 degrees. Glad I was not entered and quite a few in my group who got CC's did not wait around for Group Specials as I have had a few calls with results etc.

12.30pm news said 39 degrees with cool change but here it is as hot as hell and not a cloud in the sky or even the sign of a change- justy damn hot northerly winds.

It was till 32 degrees at midnight.

Tomorrow will be hotter than the forecast 33 degrees if we do not get a change soon.

Then Monday 41 degrees!!! Someone ought to ban Summer :thumbsup:

we can look up the weather ourselves Colleen, we do not need a running commentary