Dog Left In Car

Ventris

This was in the local news paper yesterday.

I cant belive the lack of brain cells some people have. This woman wouldn't sit in the car & feed the baby because it was to hot so why does she think its ok to leave the dog in the car.

The more I deal with people the more I love dogs.

Dog left to suffer in hot car

ANTHONY BUNN

12 Jan, 2010 01:20 PM

AS the temperature neared 40 degrees yesterday afternoon, a dog was left to suffer inside a four-wheel-drive while its owner went shopping in Wodonga.

Police were appalled by the behaviour of the Beechworth mother who had initially gone inside the Centro Wodonga shopping centre to feed her six-week-old baby before deciding to stay there for another 15 minutes looking through stores.

It was only when a message was put across the shopping centre’s public address system that the woman, nursing her baby, returned to the Mitsubishi four-wheel-drive and appeared embarrassed as she told police officers “that’s my dog”.

Sen-Constable Neil Hobbs and Sen-Constable Tracy Jarrott had received a call at 2.30pm with another shopper triggering the alarm.

“The lady (who called us) actually went inside, 15 minutes before that and saw the dog there and she thought surely they’re not dumb enough to be that long and she’s come out at 2.30pm and called us,” Sen-Constable Hobbs said.

“She’s disgusted, they pulled up next to the car and the dog’s in the car panting its guts out, they left only a little bit of window down, but fortunately they are dumb enough to leave the car unlocked,” he said as they waited for the owner to return.

The 13-year-old cross sat panting in the front of the car before the woman emerged and the police directed her to turn the ignition on to provide some cool air.

“She had to get inside to feed her baby because it was hot, but while she was in there she decided to do some shopping, to look at a couple of shops,” Sen-Constable Hobbs said.

“She’s obviously upset now, but she would be more upset if she had to go home and bury her dog.

“I’ve got a pet and there’s no way I would treat it like that.”

The woman had the dog in the car because she had been staying at

Corryong.

The officers said the RSPCA would be notified and the woman was likely to be officially warned and fined for leaving her car unsecured.

“Like they stress on TV, leave the dog at home, leave it under a tree wherever there is shade and ventilation and water, but it is ridiculous to have it car park on a day like today when there is hardly any breeze and you have the hot temperature let alone the temperature coming from the concrete,” Sen-Constable Hobbs said.

“Given it’s supposed to be 43 degrees today, it would be a lot hotter in the car it would probably be an extra 10 degrees and that’s with the windows down.”

:mad Stupid Woman hope she gets fined big time, surely she could of left dog wherever she'd been staying or would be better to of tied it up outside shops in shade somewhere if she had to have it with her in the car, some people are just so dumb. :banghead:

I cannot believe the stupidity of some people....our dog Dezzy comes everywhere with us but when temperatures rise he stays home with the air con going whilst we sweat it out outside.....i take him for walks after tea time when temperatures are hopefully starting to cool down....some people need to think of our furry friends before themselves....i hope she gets a massive fine and hopefully has woken up to herself now :banghead:

Edited by dezzyno.1

I'd lock her in a glass house in the middle of a paddock in 40 degree heat for a while to teach her what it's like for the dog. :banghead:

Seriously tho, she KNEW about hot cars and what it does to a body, that's why she took the kids inside - what does she think the dog is? a freakin statue? I get so tired of people treating animals like inanimate objects. Get a stuffed toy instead.

SHE had to get inside because she was hot... so, what did she think the dog was (and would continue to be in a closed car on a hot day)?

It's freaking common sense. I'D be embarassed if I was her too... dumb a$$.

It's all over the news constantly these days... and yet people STILL continue to do it. Ummmm... idiots much?

Edited by Kelly_Louise