Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Keyarna, you must be so excited!!! Take lots of pics!

Also wanted to add for those that are getting their first dog... from both my own experiences and people I have talked to, nearly EVERYONE at some point has an "OH MY GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE I SHOULDN'T HAVE GOT THIS DOG!" moment. Whether it's because they're weeing on your carpet, or barking at the door, or crying all night, or generally being a little terror... the feeling is completely normal and tends to pass pretty quickly :)

FD26 - He's a black staffy. Too cute, going to see him this afternoon so will post pics. What about you?

Same, but he has a bit of white on his belly/toes and chin! :) I was just starting to wonder if we're getting a pup from the same litter lol. Mine's coming from Qld too.

Keyarna - German Shorthaired Pointer - Tomorrow! 9th Feb

oakeydoak - Border Collie - Next week! (15th Feb)

JaxD - Jack Russell - 1 week and 6 days to go!

wuffles - Australian Shepherd - 22 Feb

ThatTyeGuy - Amstaff - 26th of feb

Niques - Labrador - End of Feb

KritalJay - Staffy - 5th March

FD26 - Staffordshire Bull Terrior - March 5th!

Gumnut - Labrador - Mid May.

Bluefairy ~ French Bulldog ~ Hopefully in 5 months or less.

belgian.blue - Grey Tervueren Belgian Shepherd .. winter 2O1O

Mich & Jake - Shetland Sheepdog (tri-colour) - due second half 2010

Hope Easton has a smooth arrival for you, Keyarna!

I'm tired already and it's only been a night, phew! tongue.gif He does NOT like his crate, and whinged for nearly an hour last night at the top of his lungs even though it's right next to my bed. I ended up sitting in front of it (meanwhile he's still whining) until he went to sleep. He got up 2am and then 5am to pee, so i've been up ever since. He's finally sleeping under my feet at the moment so I had time to jump on and give you guys an update. azn.gif

Everything's good so far minus the crate hate, he does have a bad habit of pulling my hair though which i'm trying to stop. I'm very surprised at my cat Ajae though, he was nowhere near as bad as I expected. He had a bit of a hiss but that was about it. He's been walking around following Easton everywhere just watching him, but it seems like they could be friends in no time!

No toilet accidents yet either.

I do have photos, but they're not very good sorry! He wouldn't hold still, and then my camera went flat. I couldn't get a nice shot of his face, he has lovely eyes and the flash ruined them! tongue.gif My partners the one in the photo giving him a cuddle.

2-4.jpg

2-3-1.jpg

2-2-1.jpg

I've been following your puppy countdown so was checking DOL this morning to see if there were any new posts from you, Keyarna.. So glad you survived your first night! I'm sure he'll settle with his crate - I guess everything is new to him too..

Such a handsome guy! Keep us posted as you settle in..

Can I join?

We are getting our puppy next Thursday or Friday, he is a British Bulldog. We have named him Winston, much to my hormonal 12yr olds disgust.

We are excited, my kids are especially as they are at an age where they are more responsible. We have his crate, bed, bowls, toys anything we are missing?

Hi Didles

Welcome! Don't you hate the waiting? Our little man arrives next Sunday and time seems to be moving so S-L-O-W-L-Y..

Bulldogs are just the cutest puppies! Please post some pics when he arrives..

Love Jax

Bit of a breakthrough with the crate tonight, he's going in and out by himself now but he still whinges when the door is shut, however very happy with that progress anyway.

No toilet accidents in the house still! :driving: and here are some better photo's I promised. :mad

20100210-Easton_second_day-0092.jpg

20100210-Easton_second_day-0084.jpg

20100210-Easton_second_day-0132.jpg

20100210-Easton_second_day-0143.jpg

Everyone else needs to post pics when they get theirs, so exciting! :provoke:

Just about to drive down to Sydney to catch a plane to Brisbane to pick up our new pup. Wont be back until Tuesday but will try and post pics soon after.

Hope your baby is still going well Keyarna

How exciting! Hope the trip goes well.. Can't wait to see the pics!