Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

36" would be the size that both my BC bitches have and they are 17kg and 14kg and have plenty of room. I can fit 2 of them inside a crate that size and they aren't squished at all. I think you could certainly get by with a smaller crate for a frenchie.

My two also happily fit in the one 36" crate. And that's with them both lying down stretched out! They're 13kg and 14kg and about the size of a BC bitch, maybe only slightly smaller.

Edited by TerraNik

The guy who collected his puppy from me yesterday learned that the hard way today.

He had thought he was doing a good thing by buying a soft crate and one of those soft sided playpens for his puppy.

He woke to find a puppy smiling at him and the crate and playpen shredded. I did warn him but he said he was happy to take the risk! :banghead:

He went to Bunnings today and bought a compost cage and has borrowed a wire crate from a friend until he can buy one of his own. :banghead:

I had the wire crate in the car to pick up Amber but the damn thing made so much noise rattling that I decided I couldn't cope with it for 5 hours and ended up taking my soft crate. Luckily there was no chewing on the way home!

The guy who collected his puppy from me yesterday learned that the hard way today.

He had thought he was doing a good thing by buying a soft crate and one of those soft sided playpens for his puppy.

He woke to find a puppy smiling at him and the crate and playpen shredded. I did warn him but he said he was happy to take the risk! :laugh:

He went to Bunnings today and bought a compost cage and has borrowed a wire crate from a friend until he can buy one of his own. :)

Will the compost cage hold the staffy in? Can you let me know if he has any troubles? I was thinking about getting one for our pup but was concerned it may be too flimsy. How old is the pup now? :love:

Congrats to everyone with new pups and those who get their pups soon. to those still waiting for the mating. I feel your pain.

I was invited to a BBQ at my breeders place last night and we had a great evening with a fellow showie and the breeder. We also got to play with 5 week old puppies (cause they NEED socialization at this age you know :) ).

Anyway, as the night went on and we chatted about how well my boy is doing, I was asked if I would like to take another pup on. The smile still hasn't left my face.

It's not from the litter on the ground now, but from a bitch who is due in heat fairly soon. So now my wait is on for the bitch to come on heat. Hence the fact I really do feel your pain waiting LOL!

I love this bitch, she is stunning and throws to-die-for pups (she is actually my boys mum too :love: ). The father-to-be is also a lovely dog and we can't wait for the litter to happen. There are very high hopes with this pairing and now I can share in their hopes too, even if it is for selfish reasons now :laugh: )

So roll on winter. It should bring some pretty heart warming joy.

Will the compost cage hold the staffy in? Can you let me know if he has any troubles? I was thinking about getting one for our pup but was concerned it may be too flimsy. How old is the pup now? :laugh:

Puppy is 9 weeks old. I use the cages as well. Mostly outdoors, anchored with tent pegs, but did use one indoors until I moved the whelping pen into the lounge room. Provided you can anchor it some way, they serve the purpose very well.

Will the compost cage hold the staffy in? Can you let me know if he has any troubles? I was thinking about getting one for our pup but was concerned it may be too flimsy. How old is the pup now? :laugh:

Puppy is 9 weeks old. I use the cages as well. Mostly outdoors, anchored with tent pegs, but did use one indoors until I moved the whelping pen into the lounge room. Provided you can anchor it some way, they serve the purpose very well.

I was wanting to use it indoors to hopefully aid in introducing him to the cats. We have tiles here, so I wonder if some packing tape might do the trick..

Goodness I'll be glad when he arrives and I no longer have to be in obsessive planning mode! LOL

Edited by FD26

Congrats to everyone with new pups and those who get their pups soon. to those still waiting for the mating. I feel your pain.

I was invited to a BBQ at my breeders place last night and we had a great evening with a fellow showie and the breeder. We also got to play with 5 week old puppies (cause they NEED socialization at this age you know :( ).

Anyway, as the night went on and we chatted about how well my boy is doing, I was asked if I would like to take another pup on. The smile still hasn't left my face.

It's not from the litter on the ground now, but from a bitch who is due in heat fairly soon. So now my wait is on for the bitch to come on heat. Hence the fact I really do feel your pain waiting LOL!

I love this bitch, she is stunning and throws to-die-for pups (she is actually my boys mum too :love: ). The father-to-be is also a lovely dog and we can't wait for the litter to happen. There are very high hopes with this pairing and now I can share in their hopes too, even if it is for selfish reasons now :laugh: )

So roll on winter. It should bring some pretty heart warming joy.

aww how exciting

im still awaiting shes in heat news :)

This thread is wonderful, it's lovely to see all the excited new, or soon to be puppy owners!

Just an update on my situation, I had this niggling feeling about Boy 2, that I wasn't quite happy with the choice but I couldn't put my finger on it. So I went and looked at all 4 pups again, and I saw this guy:

Boy 3:

DSC033161b.jpg

DSC033151a.jpg

I remember the very first litter photo the breeder sent me when they were a few days old. There was a little pup at the very front left that I had my eyes set on, and I just realised this boy IS HIM. I think i'm pretty much fallen for this one now, the decision feels right to me. I'm super happy how things have worked out, I even found out this was her choice for best show dog aswell! I think I was too quick to eliminate him the first time based on his stack compared to Boy 2.

WE'RE GETTING BOY 3.

:(:laugh::swear::love::swear::) :D :(:(