Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Omg picking up my boy tomorrow!!! I am so excited I can't even sit still!! This last day will go soooo slow!

Yay can't wait to see pics :-) :-)

Most definitely! :D 3:55pm cannot come soon enough!!

I have taken to wrapping the last of my Christmas presents today, and putting together a bookcase. I'm hoping that makes things quicker!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh how very exciting mumof4girls! I was just thinking about you this morning actually! It's finally January! :) Not long to go now!

When do you find out which one you'll be getting? and have you still kept it a secret from the girls?

Hey minimiss yes still a secret :-) although other half has slipped up twice and said little things that so far they havent picked up on lol, he gets the glare from me!! LOL We are going again I'm hoping next week for the 6 week mark and then another video :-) I would say we will know then which is ours as the pups are being immunised next week and microchiped.. The breeder chooses which one is ours which I thought I might not be that comfortable with but after seeing them I want them all lol lol...

The pups go outside now and the breeder tells me they are playing with each other and having loads of fun :-)

We didn't show them the video on Christmas day we are waiting till the final week prob on the Thursday as we pick him up on the saturday, Friday we will set everything up.. That way I will have them excited for only 2 days :-)

Edited by mumof4girls

Hey minimiss yes still a secret :-) although other half has slipped up twice and said little things that so far they havent picked up on lol, he gets the glare from me!! LOL We are going again I'm hoping next week for the 6 week mark and then another video :-) I would say we will know then which is ours as the pups are being immunised next week and microchiped.. The breeder chooses which one is ours which I thought I might not be that comfortable with but after seeing them I want them all lol lol...

The pups go outside now and the breeder tells me they are playing with each other and having loads of fun :-)

We didn't show them the video on Christmas day we are waiting till the final week prob on the Thursday as we pick him up on the saturday, Friday we will set everything up.. That way I will have them excited for only 2 days :-)

Oh no! :laugh: Males are terrible at keeping secrets secret!! Lucky the girls were oblivious :p

2 days of excitement will be far more manageable for you than almost a month! Puppy excitement makes time go so slow even for us adults - Imagine for the girls. Yay! Make sure you don't keep the new video and photos a secret from us DOLers ;)

It's always really cute hearing about the puppies growing up, learning new things and playing with eachother. You feel like a proud parent :D I think breeders do know their puppies best and no doubt they'll pick the best match for you! I didn't really have a choice of my little boy as there was only 2 in the litter, a boy and a girl but he is the most wonderful little man. You do fall in love very quickly and form a special bond and I'm sure no puppy will be unhappy having a big family to shower him with love :)

12 days til the pups are born! :thumbsup: I'm so glad I've had other things to occupy my time (Christmas etc.)

After the false alarm last time, I can't wait to just know they have arrived and are healthy.

We are expecting our new pup to come home in about 7-8 weeks time.

I posted a few months ago about getting a new Dobe puppy but unfortunately that didn't end up working out and after some thought I decided that I shouldn't be selfish and our next pup should be the breed that my OH wants.

So, we are getting a Australian Bulldog (I know, not a 'recognised' breed, but the breeder is registered with the ABS and pups will be registered). OH has always wanted a BB but as we live in Darwin it is almost impossible to find a breeder who will allow a pup to come up here and even if we found one who was happy for us to have a pup we would have to drive to pick it up as Qantas won't fly BB's and most breeders wouldn't allow it anyway.

We are getting a bitch and her name will be Simi. She was born on 2 January and has 2 brothers and 2 sisters. We don't yet know which pup is ours and the breeder is keeping one of the bitches herself, but she has sent me pics and they are so adorable!

Hopefully next week we are allowed to go and meet the pups (hands off visit only, just to have a peek) and meet mum and the breeder. I'll take heaps of pics and post them ASAP :D