Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

We're meeting Georgia again this Sunday. This is the first time we'll meet her knowing she's going to be ours, so exciting. I came home from shopping with another bag of goodies for her, including a pink kong, a rope type toy and a dumbell.

Hi All,

Maggie's flight is all booked in, she's arriving in Adelaide from Sydney at 12.35pm on April 8th!! The cost through Dogtainers only turned out the be $140, which I'm pleased about!

Hmmm.... no more photo's, infact the only photo's I've ever recieved from the breeder were those first two.. hmmmm.... Would it be cheeky to ask for more or should I just wait out for the next 8 days!!!?

Edited by Lauren Golden

Hi everyone I just bring my BC puppy home. He is so playful and naughty as expected. I just managed to get sometime off after putting him in the crate. He is still whining and barking. Trying to ignore him. He just goes on and on. Am I doing the right thing?

BF your pug is so cute. Haha hope to see more piccys.

Those people whose dog is coming later. Try and get more rest while you can! They are a handful, I can assure you!

Now I am on my iPhone Internet. When my Internet at home is up and running, I will post pics!

Nic

I'm here :D

It took us 4 1/2 hours to get home, that’s with stopping at Port Wakefield for dinner. Zoe was either asleep or playing with her Wubba toy all the way home. She never had an accident in the car at all.

We went to bed early last night at 10pm, I put Zoe in her crate with a special wheat bag dog (RCBG, its the same one you have, its great and works a treat), you heat it in the microwave and it is suppose to make Zoe feel warm and snug. We put the radio on softly (breeder recommended this) and she cried for about 5 minutes and then went to sleep, she woke at 6:15am and I took her outside. She never had an accident in her crate either.

I love how Zoe is not afraid of anything. She confronts it first. Annie, our last dog, was afraid of everything. Zoe is just so different. She has met the cat, Shadow, and she keeps trying to play with her, but Shadow is mesmerised by her, and just watches everything she does. Shadow is jumping down on the ground to have a sniff, but changes her mind at the last minute. I think she is trying to get Zoe’s attention...lol but is not sure what to do when she gets it.

Zoe fits into our family perfectly and everyone loves her....she is certainly going to get spoilt rotten with affection here. She has found that its fun to chew on the things dangling from the cat tunnel... :mad she runs through it, around it, and even tries to get on top of it....crazy dog....Ok you asked for pictures :mad

Zoe11.jpg

Zoe not happy she was made to stand still.

Zoe7.jpg

Zoe checking out the boxes.

Zoe6.jpg

Opps I think I surprised her...

Zoe1.jpg

Zoe standing guard against that huge cat.

:mad Zoe loves to cuddle and she fell asleep in my lap twice last night. I had to get up once, so I handed her to Kimberly, and Zoe wouldn't settle down. When I came back, and after she stopped nibbling on my thumb, she laid down and fell asleep again, so lots of snorting and snoring :mad boy can she get to sleep quick....one minute she was awake, next she was gone....lol

BF :eek:

awwww congrats hun shes the cutest little thing i eva did see.

i get my boy 2moz yay finelly

im still here coz i get my puppy closer to christmas :D gonna make sure my boy is very settled in before i get my pup

Jodie ~ Zoe's harness is a Puppia one, this is a small size, and its absolutely tiny. If Zoe's head gets any bigger it won't fit her, I was told a small size wouldn't fit a Pug pup....but Zoe is so tiny, that I use it for a while anyway :eek:

Marns ~ As mentioned above its a Puppia Harness. I got it from ebay. Then when I realised it would be too small I got a large size. Just be careful and check the size on the Puppia web site as they are a small size all over. I small would fit a Chi, which is what Zoe is wearing now. I must admit though its a beautiful fit. It doesn't rub anywhere under the arms or the neck. I love it. Not long now :mad

Blue Fairy, let me know if you want to re-sell it :mad I'm not sure what size to get for a cavalier but I guess the small would be a good idea for when she's a pup?

Hi ladies

HAve had a flat out day and have so much to do before I can go to bed....just wanted to say Lola is arriving tomorrow! I will be taking so many pics of the kids and her, trying to find my video camera charger so I can hopefully upload a video of the kids reaction!

Ill try to do some personals tomorrow or the next day, best be moving and getting stuff done.

Marns

Hey Everyone

I only have 10 days to go till we get Diesel our SBT,pictures on staffordfan thread.

Hi All,

Maggie's flight is all booked in, she's arriving in Adelaide from Sydney at 12.35pm on April 8th!! The cost through Dogtainers only turned out the be $140, which I'm pleased about!

Hmmm.... no more photo's, infact the only photo's I've ever recieved from the breeder were those first two.. hmmmm.... Would it be cheeky to ask for more or should I just wait out for the next 8 days!!!?

Hey Lauren, my breeder sends me heaps of photos every week and answers any questions that i ask her... Only having two photos in nearly 8 weeks i dont think it would be cheeky to ask for a couple more.

Hi All,

Last night was not the best night. Haha he started sleeping at around 11pm till about 2am when he decides to wake up and play. He hates his crate so we were letting him sleep in his play tent. He woke and demanding to come out. We ignored him and he got louder and louder. We were left with no choice as we heard our neighbour wake up so i went into the tent to accompany for him. After that he happily went to sleep. He wake up again at 5.30am and 7.30am so my girlfriend and I took turn to accompany in the tent.

He is just so cute and very ACTIVE!! We were almost dead but he keeps playing and playing! Will update when I find more time.

Nic

Jodi ~ Yes we are going to the Port Pirie Dog Show. Its at the Vertus(?) Soccer Oval in Afford Road. I will be taking Zoe with me to show off :rofl: I think we'll go on Saturday, so should be there about 9 or 10am. If your going to be there, I'm the short harrassed mother with 2 girls, Nicole aged 20 and taller than me, and Kimmy aged 13 and just a fraction shorter. One of us will be holding an extremely excited Pug in the pink puppia harness :(

Nic ~ Don't worry your not the only one. I won't say Zoe dislikes the crate, as the only time I am using it is when we go to bed. She cries and howls :( until she settles down about 10 minutes. She will wake during the night and start to cry a bit, but if you leave her alone she goes back to sleep. I get up at 6:30 - 7am and I take her out then. I must admit she has excellent bladder control. In 3 nights she hasn't soiled the crate yet, though I have made it so her blankets are up one end of the crate and newspaper and water bowl are at the other....just in case. She has had accidents in the house, but its just a matter of finding out what her signals are. Only once has she scratched at the back door and when she was taken out she did it outside :thumbsup: Would be nice if she did that all the time :eek:

Lauren ~ Ask the breeder for more photo's, you as the new owner are entitled to them. Tel them you need more photo's to tide you over until you have your pup in your arms :mad

Millie ~ Not long to go now :hug:

Marns ~ I too am dying to see pictures. We want all the details......so exciting.

Well I am now into training Zoe to sit and stay before being allowed to eat her meals.... :p yeah right.....Zoe is food orientated.....its like OMG food food gimme gimme...... :cheer: She see's food and must have it....NOW!!!! It is funny to watch this tiny thing trying to get food whenever someone has something, she can smell it a mile away and she zooms in on it like a heat seeking missile.... :(

The cat isn't as skittish as she first was, and will now allow Zoe to sniff her before jumping on top of the lounge....but she will hang her tail or leg down to get Zoe to come to her, then when she does she jumps away. Zoe usually barks at her when she does this, otherwise she ignores her, though she can get excited if the cat stays around a little longer as all Zoe wants to do is play. Zoe is just a little too hyper for her just yet.

BF

Nic ~ Don't worry your not the only one. I won't say Zoe dislikes the crate, as the only time I am using it is when we go to bed. She cries and howls ;) until she settles down about 10 minutes. She will wake during the night and start to cry a bit, but if you leave her alone she goes back to sleep. I get up at 6:30 - 7am and I take her out then. I must admit she has excellent bladder control. In 3 nights she hasn't soiled the crate yet, though I have made it so her blankets are up one end of the crate and newspaper and water bowl are at the other....just in case. She has had accidents in the house, but its just a matter of finding out what her signals are. Only once has she scratched at the back door and when she was taken out she did it outside :thumbsup: Would be nice if she did that all the time :rofl:

BF

Hi BF, Zorro (now known as Oreo) just won't enter the crate. I tried tempting him to go into the crate but he just get the food or toy out of the crate. Getting there slowly. I think he is just afraid of the crate because he came from NSW in a crate and then was put into our crate to be brought home. We were feeding in a metal bowl and he was playing with his own reflection ;) Silly boy! His teeth is really sharp, he tore through my favourite polo shirt :D and managed to cause bleeding on my skins with his constant biting and scratching. We will get there somehow~ :)

Nic

My breeder has just confirmed that I am officially on the waiting list for a Finnish Lapphund puppy :thumbsup: Woohoo ;)

After what feels like a very long time researching and tossing up between breeds (there are just so many beautiful breeds on my wish list!) we have found a wonderful breeder and we couldn't be happier.

My little girl is due to be born in May and then home in July (as the breeder is keeping a girl to run on then it will of course be pending that there are 2 or more girls born in the litter). I am so excited and its my turn to start counting sleeps.

Time to get the baby book out and short list some names ;)