Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Nice pics and congrats to all!

Yeah have to change breeders.....I know it will be at least a 6 month wait now.......

Mmm thats crusty hey :( back to square one finding another breeder than the waiting to find out if you have a puppy. Im sure the extra wait will be worth it though :thumbsup:

Yeah :( pretty sure of my new breeder though :) but Pup wont be born til Oct! Everything happens for a reason....maybe this is my opportunity to seize :)

bianca - I think you mean NILIF - Nothing In Life Is Free; TOT = Triangle of Temptation - both from the K9Pro website (or there is a TOT thread in the training area)

We use both - basically Ziva doesn't get anything without doing something for it :)

I heard from my breeder in the Czech Republic there has been a mating of the lines i've been waiting on and the litter is expected in the middle of july. She won't get to me til about 10 months old.

My breed is White Swiss Shepherd.

Exciting!! Damn about the long wait though......piccers when you can!! Is it going to be costy to import?

It is costly but it will be worth it for the new lines. The wait is going to be the most difficult

bianca - I think you mean NILIF - Nothing In Life Is Free; TOT = Triangle of Temptation - both from the K9Pro website (or there is a TOT thread in the training area)

We use both - basically Ziva doesn't get anything without doing something for it :)

Haha after I had signed out I was thinking im pretty sure I wrote that wrong :doh:

I seen the thread Triangle of Temptation just wasnt sure of the NILIF thanks for that

I guess I better join the thread again. We have just enquired about a Newfoundland puppy :) Not sure when we will be getting her yet. They have a litter at the moment, but we have to wait to see if any are of show quality. It'll be 3 puppies for our house hold. Now the wait begins :D

oh no katie!! im so sorry!! :(:(:(:(

i was just thinking some breeders wont give much away about a litter early on as there is a chance they wont all make it! and nobody likes to hear bad news... but if this is not the case then i find it a little odd they havent contacted u in 5 weeks to let u know how the babies are going!! my breeder shows every weekend and works and has kids etc... and i got several pics and a litter update every week... she also had a facebook group made for her prefix so she only has to send the pics once and update once but we can all see it :):)

Hmm I guess everyone is different? I see heaps of breeders writing that they update each week etc. We havnt really heard anything, just when the litter arrived, how many pups and the colours. We did get told that she would contact us when the litter arrived and go from there. They will be 5 weeks soon so we are hoping for some sort of update or info. Kind of just going with the flow. When did you know that you would be getting your puppy?

Some stay in touch, some don't.. We got an email to find out we were on the list, then we got one when the pups were born... then that was it in terms of emails until it came to finalising who was getting which pup and organising transport. She did put weekly photos on her website, and was contactable via facebook at times... At first it upset me a bit, but then i thought hang on, raising pups isn't easy and takes a lot of time, so it's not surprising she didn't reply.

However, once pups came home.. she was always ready at the end of the phone, email or facebook.. i still share updates even now nearly 2yrs on :)

oh no katie!! im so sorry!! :(:(:(:(

i was just thinking some breeders wont give much away about a litter early on as there is a chance they wont all make it! and nobody likes to hear bad news... but if this is not the case then i find it a little odd they havent contacted u in 5 weeks to let u know how the babies are going!! my breeder shows every weekend and works and has kids etc... and i got several pics and a litter update every week... she also had a facebook group made for her prefix so she only has to send the pics once and update once but we can all see it :):)

Hmm I guess everyone is different? I see heaps of breeders writing that they update each week etc. We havnt really heard anything, just when the litter arrived, how many pups and the colours. We did get told that she would contact us when the litter arrived and go from there. They will be 5 weeks soon so we are hoping for some sort of update or info. Kind of just going with the flow. When did you know that you would be getting your puppy?

Some stay in touch, some don't.. We got an email to find out we were on the list, then we got one when the pups were born... then that was it in terms of emails until it came to finalising who was getting which pup and organising transport. She did put weekly photos on her website, and was contactable via facebook at times... At first it upset me a bit, but then i thought hang on, raising pups isn't easy and takes a lot of time, so it's not surprising she didn't reply.

However, once pups came home.. she was always ready at the end of the phone, email or facebook.. i still share updates even now nearly 2yrs on :)

Yeah just a matter of being patient only another 3-4 weeks I guess

I heard from my breeder in the Czech Republic there has been a mating of the lines i've been waiting on and the litter is expected in the middle of july. She won't get to me til about 10 months old.

Wow, Dwilds, that puts the weeks some of us are waiting in prospective.

Wow, Dwilds, that puts the weeks some of us are waiting in prospective.

It makes the 3 months I waited to start with for my first white shepherd look short. it is going to be excruciating to wait so long but will be worth it

How exciting :D But also nerve wracking. Are you getting a dog or a bitch?

I guess I better join the thread again. We have just enquired about a Newfoundland puppy :) Not sure when we will be getting her yet. They have a litter at the moment, but we have to wait to see if any are of show quality. It'll be 3 puppies for our house hold. Now the wait begins :D

:D A fluffy newf baby!!! How adorable!

Sorry to hear about your pup Katie P - what breed are you getting?

How exciting :D But also nerve wracking. Are you getting a dog or a bitch?

:D A fluffy newf baby!!! How adorable!

Sorry to hear about your pup Katie P - what breed are you getting?

I'm getting a bitch. She is going to be the start of my breeding kennel.

my Dog jesse was a purebred Jack russell and the most amazing dog in the world. we rescued him from the RSPCA when we was about 4-5 years old and he had been severely abused. i nursed him back to heath, helped him face his fears of cups and brooms and people and got him perfect. i had him for another 6 years and he sadly passed away.

i am now on the search for a new dog as my house has not been the same since Jesse's passing i miss the happy hello when i get home and having a companion to talk to who will always listen and have all the time in the world for me and i for him. i have decided i will be getting a chihuahua pup but they are not as easy to track down as you might think lol i need it to be perfect. i am very excited to be entering a new dog into the house. but nervous too a i have only rescued dogs so have not been through the puppy stage before but of course as with everything else it will be an adventure my puppy and i will work through together.

well i want a long haired male pup. the colour doesn't really matter so long as he has the chihuahua features. like the eyes the head and the pointy ears. i have looked into different dog breeds extensively and decided that i positively want a chihuahua. i also have a ragdoll cat Kimba who gets along very well with dogs so i want a dog who has not shown aggressive tendencies (that couldn't be trained out) other than that i just want a companion i can love and play with who will love me and be my friend. i am really a dog person but in my house i am only allowed a small dog a a chihuahua is a perfect fit

well i want a long haired male pup. the colour doesn't really matter so long as he has the chihuahua features. like the eyes the head and the pointy ears. i have looked into different dog breeds extensively and decided that i positively want a chihuahua. i also have a ragdoll cat Kimba who gets along very well with dogs so i want a dog who has not shown aggressive tendencies (that couldn't be trained out) other than that i just want a companion i can love and play with who will love me and be my friend. i am really a dog person but in my house i am only allowed a small dog a a chihuahua is a perfect fit

Welcome Chihuahalover, and hi everyone else. Dwilds....you must be really patient...that is a long wait for a puppy. I have spent a long time on wait lists, but at least once the puppy is here you know it is only going to be 8 more weeks - not 10 months!! Ralley Valley, how exciting! I love Brittany's. There is one that I see walked near us regularly. Drifter, Daisy is a cutie! And Bianca, have you had an update?

We had a fantastic weekend here and I am officially on puppy countdown!! :happydance2: We will have a little curly cutie pie joining our family this coming weekend! We visited with the puppies yesterday and they are all gorgeous, happy, confident puppies. There are 2 boys that would suit us, so I am now just waiting to hear which one will be coming home! I am soooo excited! Will let you know when I hear and then post a picture of our little guy! :cheer:

Welcome Chihuahalover, and hi everyone else. Dwilds....you must be really patient...that is a long wait for a puppy. I have spent a long time on wait lists, but at least once the puppy is here you know it is only going to be 8 more weeks - not 10 months!! Ralley Valley, how exciting! I love Brittany's. There is one that I see walked near us regularly. Drifter, Daisy is a cutie! And Bianca, have you had an update?

We had a fantastic weekend here and I am officially on puppy countdown!! :happydance2: We will have a little curly cutie pie joining our family this coming weekend! We visited with the puppies yesterday and they are all gorgeous, happy, confident puppies. There are 2 boys that would suit us, so I am now just waiting to hear which one will be coming home! I am soooo excited! Will let you know when I hear and then post a picture of our little guy! :cheer:

Is this a Curly Coated Retriever? How exciting :thumbsup: I wish I could visit my pup :(

Is this a Curly Coated Retriever? How exciting :thumbsup: I wish I could visit my pup :(

No, a Belgian Laekenois. And yes, it has been great being able to visit the pups :) . My last two were interstate, so only got to see them the day they came home.

No, a Belgian Laekenois. And yes, it has been great being able to visit the pups :) . My last two were interstate, so only got to see them the day they came home.

:o Sorry. Still very exciting! They are pretty rare right? That must have been quite the wait!