Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Welcome Jetson :D

Yay congratulations Chihuahualover. How exciting and what a little cutie, definately have to get some more pictures when you visit him.

lol Smartypaws, treading the line of looking like a complete dog nutter :laugh: think everyone has probably felt like that at some point while waiting for their pup. Hopefully you find out soon :crossfingers:

Smartypaws I know how you feel. The litter we are waiting on is currently almost 4 weeks old. Our breeder has been fantastic by emailing us loads of photos about twice a week and we had a visit at 2.5 weeks and have another one coming up at about 5-6 weeks. We are getting a boy which will be one of two but the breeder will make final decision based on which one fits our needs. It has been wonderful getting so many photos but I don't want to grow attached to one and not the other.

Below is a pic of the cheeky blue merle boys in question taken at 3 weeks.

post-25785-0-06997100-1306287271_thumb.jpg

They are both so cute Kasoo!

We found out which one we are getting last week at 4 weeks. We are getting a female, there are two females in the litter and the breeder is keeping one. The decision was going to be made at 6 weeks with obviously the breeder keeping the 'best' one (I hate to use that term though, best for her needs as a breeder sounds better). We had a favourite but were trying to not get attached to that one. Our breeder has been great like yours Kasoo with regular pictures and updates, we visited at 3 weeks and are visiting again very soon (5 weeks at the moment).

Last week our favourite developed an attribute which is not in the breed standard, so the breeder could inform us early that she is ours.

It is great once you know which one is yours so you can picture their furry little face in your family :)

Thanks WA. Haven't decided on a name yet... Trying the ole Finnish name for the Finnish dog thing, but also hoping to get a name starting with A as we seem to have an 'A' theme going on with Amber & Angelo already. Found a great name which met both criteria, but then came across a breeders Lappie in AU with the same name and it put me off it.

Happy hallf a birthday to Halo, just clicked on LM's pics link and was looking at Halo :)

Aww Ambrosia, she is gorgeous!! It would be nice having a face for your puppy that you can fantasise about.

And Chihuahualover....too cute! I read about what happened with your last puppy, just devastating :( . I am glad to see that you are now in a position to offer another chi baby a home :) .

Kasoo, your potential boys are way cute too! Do you have a favourite? Even though you don't want to have a favourite ;)?

While I do have a favourite, both the boys are suitable for us and each has different strengths. Both have lovely temperaments (in fact the entire litter have lovely temps) and interacted well with us and our kids at the visit. I'll keep you all posted!

Ohh look at her! She's gorgeous :D

I really liked Aino (I actually knew a Finnish girl called Aino, always thought it was gorgeous), Anja and Annukka, they just all sounded too much like Anna to me :\ Otherwise I'd have used any of them!

I'm at my sister's house checking up on her little ratbag. Very, very cute :D Tiding me over for now!

Ambrosia your puppy is just too cute.

Smartypaws - I will say I don't have a favourite yet. In each photo we get there is alway one boy I like better than the other but their markings are so similar I really don't know which one it is :rofl: I might have a better idea at our next visit. Once they are running around playing their personalities will really show.

Brittany puppies!!! Very cute Rally Valley. Zora is a cool name too :thumbsup: .

Kasoo - We were the same with the pics....it was only those darned coloured collars that gave things away ;). Seriously though, I didn't have a favourite until visiting, and actually today, as I have thought about the other puppy, I have come up with a whole heap of reasons why he would actually be the better puppy for us......so I think I will be OK either way now :D. That said, my breeder isn't answering her phone....probably out enjoying the football game! At least I hope she is and that everything is OK :confused:..... Now I have started to think of horrible things that could have gone wrong, either in the breeders life or with the puppies.....there's that neurosis again :o .

In any case, I left a message and can only hope to hear from her soon..... so the wait continues :) .

Edited by Smartypaws