Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

I keep forgetting to go into the white fluff thread :hitself: Silly me.

Angelo is 6 months tomorrow! He is very athletic, fast, strong, coat is getting thicker, he is always so happy go lucky, loves his toys, gets messy outside (luckily it falls off), basically a typical little boy. He is not naughty at all except for ripping toys open and putting the stuffing everywhere. 100% toilet trained and has stopped puppy biting/mouthing. He's awesome. He was in Dogs NSW magazine this month- finally his puppy of the month picture was published!

Sorry for hijacking- this has made me realise it is time to leave this thread and move on to the thread where people have their puppies.

Riley is home!!! He's such a lovely little boy :D He whinged for all of a minute as we drove away from the breeder's house then settled down in the carrier and snoozed for the rest of the 4 hour drive home.

He's been quite happy in his new surroundings, slightly overwhelmed by Saxon's big boofy attempts to play but starting to get the hang of it, enjoying his toys, eating and drinking ok and sort of figuring out peeing on the paper (not so much outside yet, it's too distracting out there :) ) He's even slept well so far, happy enough in his crate, a little bit of whinging if he wakes up during the night but again only for a minute or so, I've just ignored him and he settles down again.

Saxon was a really easy puppy (except for toilet training but that's just coz I didn't know what I was doing) so I was worried that this time I'd get a non-sleeping screamer but I've been lucky again :o

I'll move over to the new arrivals thread for photos and more updates but will keep checking back here for puppy pics and stories!

Hi all,

As promised I come bearing puppy photos (well the few that turned out!). Visited little Kirah on Tuesday and she's the most delightful little girl ever; I almost brought her home at 6 weeks (and her brothers!). :laugh:

I didn't end up getting a choice of the two girls because the other owners visited before me and thus got first pick, however, I wouldn't have chosen the girl they picked so it worked out really well. Turns out too that the breeders are keeping a boy because they see a lot of show potential in him (to me he just looked like the rest only much, much porkier!!!).

She's an absolutely delightful darling and I really can't wait to bring her home.

Dad trying to hold Kirah still so I could photograph her; didn't work so well!!

post-21435-0-87270300-1308562480_thumb.jpg

Kirah licking my face whilst I was trying to hold her still for a photo.

post-21435-0-00808700-1308562488_thumb.jpg

Youngest brother J. holding Kirah "still".

post-21435-0-57423000-1308562496_thumb.jpg

J. again and a nicer close up of her face. What a little bugger!!!

post-21435-0-82342700-1308562503_thumb.jpg

Edited by RiverStar-Aura

Guest english.ivy

Hi guys. I've been lurking around here for a while (for the photos :laugh: ).

I've got a bit over 3 weeks until I get my Standard Schnauzer boy.

Oooo so jealous! I was planning on getting a Standard Schnauzer about three years ago but went with a Belgian Shepherd.

Is he from a Perth breeder who lives down Mandurah way? Lola I think the bitch is called? Well that is who I was going to go with but the bitch ended up not being pregnant.

Hi guys. I've been lurking around here for a while (for the photos :laugh: ).

I've got a bit over 3 weeks until I get my Standard Schnauzer boy.

Oooo so jealous! I was planning on getting a Standard Schnauzer about three years ago but went with a Belgian Shepherd.

Is he from a Perth breeder who lives down Mandurah way? Lola I think the bitch is called? Well that is who I was going to go with but the bitch ended up not being pregnant.

Nah, he's from Carol in Canningvale. The bitch's name is Jenna.

I can't wait :thumbsup:

Dad trying to hold Kirah still so I could photograph her; didn't work so well!!

:rofl: Look at her face, crazy eyes!! That is soooo cute, she looks like she's going to be full of personality :)

Edit - photo didn't work in the quote but you know what I mean :)

Edited by Saxonpup

Oh yeah she's already full of personality at 6 weeks when I met her. She wanted to attack my toes and was strutting around in the usual Aussie manner.

Her look is completely priceless in that photo; it screams "oh noes, he got me"! :rofl:

And you also pointed out my most favourite reason for loving this breed; they're the most expressive dogs I've ever met. Poochie used to tilt her head from side to side when you were talking to her pretending she was listening intently and understanding every word said. So damn cute!!

Oh and update: I'm picking her up on Saturday not Tuesday because the breeders will be out of town!

4 more sleeps to go!! :D

hey shelly did you pick your puppy up?

Yep we've had Paddy for 3 days now, this is a photo of him on the way home from the breeders :) He's such a little cutie but his teeth are a bit sharp lol Toilet training isn't going as well as I'd planned but we'll get there eventually. How is Zorro settling in?

post-40268-0-45280500-1308739155_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Im new here. Looking for a nice friendly place to chat. I currently have an 8 month old pup, and in 2 weeks will be getting our new girl Shelby (not to bread!!) Im getting nervous about our new addition as my husband will be away at work when we get her. But im so excited to be getting her and teaching her things and watching her grow. I know my current pup will love having a new friend :)

thanks for reading :)

Hi,

Im new here. Looking for a nice friendly place to chat. I currently have an 8 month old pup, and in 2 weeks will be getting our new girl Shelby (not to bread!!) Im getting nervous about our new addition as my husband will be away at work when we get her. But im so excited to be getting her and teaching her things and watching her grow. I know my current pup will love having a new friend :)

thanks for reading :)

welcome.gifwelcome.gif

Hi welcome to DOL it is a great place to chat and get info and help with any issues. What is the breed of the puppies? I bet you can't wait until you get Shelby and the next 2 weeks will just crawl. frown.gif. You should be fine with her even with your husband being gone to begin with.

We need photos of both puppies thumbsup1.gif.

Great pics everyone hope all the puppies are doing well.

I still have another 2-3 weeks until my puppy is born and I will find out if I may have a puppy and then I just have 10-12 months to wait. I think I am a sucker for punishment and it was hard enough waiting 15 weeks for my current girl. rolleyes.gif

Hi all,

I've spent a long time snooping and thought I'd finally say hi so... Hi :D

I've been officially on the waiting for puppy now for 4 VERY long weeks now and finally down to 3 more sleeps until pick-up day :thumbsup:

On Sunday we finally get to bring home our little Staffordshire Bull Terrier boy!!! It's been well over 10 years now since having the pitter-patter of little paws running around the house and I can't wait...my 2 young boys can't wait til we pick him up either :)

I'm sure I will be on here often to pick peoples brains for ideas so hope to chat with some of y'all :D