Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Bless! Look at that sweet little black & tan face!

It looks like our little girl is arriving next week, just waiting confirmation as she's coming from interstate. :D

We're still throwing around names...I forgot how difficult my husband is with names, he's vetoing everything, and this time I can't pull the "when you're the one carrying the baby.." card!

Ooh, ooh, ooh, can I join in?

We have paid a deposit and have a little boy puppy on hold from a lovely breeder in Melbourne. He is 6 weeks old today and will be ready to come home the week after next.

We don't know which of three boys is ours just yet. The breeder is waiting until they're a bit older before she allocates them to their forever homes.

We have a 4.5 year old and a 2 year old, they're quite pleased about the idea, but my husband and I are beside ourselves with excitement!

Flower Prowler . . . I have had my eye on a CC brush - are they worth it?

What type of puppy are you getting??

And I absolutely love my CC brush! I could not praise it enough - Onyx squirmed so much when we brushed him with a cheap pin brush, now he will -usually- sit quite nicely while getting brushed.

That makes a huge difference with a puppy that requires regular grooming. :thumbsup:

Sad thing is I've bought basically everything already! I kept buying small things every week or so as a treat to myself for waiting.. but I had most of it by the time the pups were born :o

I blame Clean Run's massive sale!!

I just have the crate left.. :thumbsup:

Nice, I didnt want to jinx myself buying things before we knew we were getting Onyx.

So in the two weeks before he came home (and since then) I have bought heaps. :laugh:

What breed are you getting? I absolutely adore my CC brush (I have the brass fusion oblong) and the girls love being brushed with it. Like FlowerProwler, I have a lappie, and I also have a husky, so they're both longer coated. They are expensive though, and I will admit I don't use the CC brush when they're dropping their coats because I find it doesn't get all the coat out. I use a shedding comb for that and then go over the top with the CC brush afterwards.

Thank you for your recommendations. We are getting a lappie, too.

Hmmm, Looks like the CC brush is the way to go.

1328693554[/url]' post='5715121']

It looks like our little girl is arriving next week, just waiting confirmation as she's coming from interstate. :D

We're still throwing around names...I forgot how difficult my husband is with names, he's vetoing everything, and this time I can't pull the "when you're the one carrying the baby.." card!

Names are hard aren't they Rosaline! We took forever to get the name for our coming pup, and the name we choose was chosen by my 2 year old... Oh dear.

Ooh, ooh, ooh, can I join in?

We have paid a deposit and have a little boy puppy on hold from a lovely breeder in Melbourne. He is 6 weeks old today and will be ready to come home the week after next.

We don't know which of three boys is ours just yet. The breeder is waiting until they're a bit older before she allocates them to their forever homes.

We have a 4.5 year old and a 2 year old, they're quite pleased about the idea, but my husband and I are beside ourselves with excitement!

What type of puppy are you getting??

And I absolutely love my CC brush! I could not praise it enough - Onyx squirmed so much when we brushed him with a cheap pin brush, now he will -usually- sit quite nicely while getting brushed.

That makes a huge difference with a puppy that requires regular grooming. :thumbsup:

Sad thing is I've bought basically everything already! I kept buying small things every week or so as a treat to myself for waiting.. but I had most of it by the time the pups were born :o

I blame Clean Run's massive sale!!

I just have the crate left.. :thumbsup:

Nice, I didnt want to jinx myself buying things before we knew we were getting Onyx.

So in the two weeks before he came home (and since then) I have bought heaps. :laugh:

What breed are you getting? I absolutely adore my CC brush (I have the brass fusion oblong) and the girls love being brushed with it. Like FlowerProwler, I have a lappie, and I also have a husky, so they're both longer coated. They are expensive though, and I will admit I don't use the CC brush when they're dropping their coats because I find it doesn't get all the coat out. I use a shedding comb for that and then go over the top with the CC brush afterwards.

Thank you for your recommendations. We are getting a lappie, too.

Hmmm, Looks like the CC brush is the way to go.

Are you getting one of Ros' puppies??

Boy/Girl and what colour? I must have more details! :p

Also dont forget to drop into the Spitz Thread heaps of Lappy owners/breeders in there - a wealth of knowledge!

Names are hard aren't they Rosaline! We took forever to get the name for our coming pup, and the name we choose was chosen by my 2 year old... Oh dear.

We have a 6 year old involved in our naming process :laugh:

1328700398[/url]' post='5715288']
1328697146[/url]' post='5715197']

We have a 6 year old involved in our naming process :laugh:

Ha ha, kids are funny. Our boys came up with a lot of crazy names these were my favorites

Dolphin.Jelly snake.Putty

rofl1.gif

Edited by ellazpupz

Oh Mutkis' puppies!

And I dont know, I think Princess Necklace is a lovely name! :rofl:

Sorry everyone :offtopic: but FlowerProwler i just wanted to say your boy is beautiful! I went and looked up the breed on DOL as i had never heard of them before and i just adore them!!! :love:

+ 1

Such a gorgeous boy.

Soooo many puppies!! I expect this thread to be flooded with puppy pics ASAP :provoke:

Well we now have a new girl in the family a 2 1/2 year old German Shepherd, Annie, adopted.she is very sweet natured,desexed and house trained.

Lucky you woohoo, OH and I have decided when Rogue is 2 we might look at another Airedale about 12mths old if we can get one, I love the puppy phase but it is tiring :-)

Oh Mutkis' puppies!

Sorry everyone :offtopic: but FlowerProwler i just wanted to say your boy is beautiful! I went and looked up the breed on DOL as i had never heard of them before and i just adore them!!! :love:

Oh Mutkis' puppies!

+ 1

Such a gorgeous boy.

Soooo many puppies!! I expect this thread to be flooded with puppy pics ASAP :provoke:

Hehe, thanks guys. We certainly think he is adorable. :D

Well we now have a new girl in the family a 2 1/2 year old German Shepherd, Annie, adopted.she is very sweet natured,desexed and house trained.

May we have a pic? :D I didn't know abt this thread when i got my new girl. She is now 5mths old so not sure if anyone wants to see her pics now as she is abt 25kgs :laugh:

May we have a pic? :D I didn't know abt this thread when i got my new girl. She is now 5mths old so not sure if anyone wants to see her pics now as she is abt 25kgs :laugh:

I dunno what I would do without this thread. It's a safe place to blab on and on about all things puppy! I've burnt the ears off everyone I know in real life :laugh:

Well personally I would love for you to post some of your pics! Maybe some comparing from when you first got her to now?? :D