Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

So we are getting a little boy :) it's going to be roughly 7 weeks away, they will be 2 weeks old on Thursday...

We can go visit them when they get to 6 weeks :)

, so will start buying things in preparation shortly ....

Yay! Congrats Fairystar!

I love boys. I think they are big softies :)

Jack I think I might just get some star pickets and chicken wire. Probably end up cheaper than buying a heap of the compost sides!

Yay! Congrats Fairystar!

Jack I think I might just get some star pickets and chicken wire. Probably end up cheaper than buying a heap of the compost sides!

I thought about that but I have "artificial" turf on my lawn so I didn't want to stake into it, another option you can use is plant shield fencing, its a tight woven fabric fence that you tack to wooden posts, usually black and green, the only downside is they may chew it, maybe try and find some plastic chicken wire instead of the metal one, always worry about that metal one having sharp edges.

Oooh why do I have to go to work? It's making the time drag something awful.

Just try to think about work and it will fly, trust me :)

Yay! Congrats Fairystar!

Heads up Lisa that they can roll the chicken wire up and get under it. If you use tent pegs to keep the wire down they can still sometimes get them out if they are too far apart or the ground is too soft. We used a lot of rocks to hold our chicken coop fence down before we ended up building a solid fence, used the same idea for the vege garden to stop them eating tomatos it wasn't as well put together as the other one and lasted all of two days at most before she was in there again. Since its winter we've given up on that one.

If an Aussie wants something they will do what it takes to get it. Daisy wasn't so bad but in the two and a bit weeks Atticus has been here he is a determined pup!

Best thing we purchased for our garden was a retractable hose! Before that we use to lock it away between uses after many were eaten!

So so excited for you! More Aussies.

That's my game as well! We're all being made redundant in a month, so there's almost no work getting done as is. I am one of the few still plugging away, but as of the 1st there's no new work to be done but filing and archiving and only 2 of us left on the whole floor. Guess who's gonna ask nicely to bring Puppy in?!

Never has time gone so fast (when I think of what I should be doing tonight) and so slow (when I think how far ahead it is)

2 days, 20 hours, 31 mins!

Thanks for the hint with the chicken wire, my lab never got through it as a pup, ate through wood though...

I've made plenty of fences before so I'm sure I'll figure something out :)

Thanks for the hint with the chicken wire, my lab never got through it as a pup, ate through wood though...

I wish I could have got you to build ours! I'm excited that your boy is going to become a hopeful little agility star like my pup.

I wish I could have got you to build ours! I'm excited that your boy is going to become a hopeful little agility star like my pup.

Oooh! Have you done agility before?

He will be my first go at it.

I did Obedience with my lab but I was a young teenager and Mum wouldn't let me compete, so we just did all the classes at the club. So I plan on doing Obedience too smile.gif

We aren't that far from each other, so maybe we will see each other at trials once the pups are old enough!

Not long to go go Steph.

I got my crate today so will make a cover for the bottom for travelling in the car, also will make a crate cover and bed but need to wait for my minky to arrive from the US first. I also ordered a collar and lead set. Also going to make some adult dino pjs today. Will then need to see if the neighbours a few block away will let me take somes pics and try them on there IG

I knooooow. I am watching the flight/weather delay predictor with great gusto.

We have to buy a collar on the way at this rate, we have a harness and leash but the collar I ordered has mysteriously gone missing in the post and this morning I was thinking 'oh that's been about two weeks now, that seems a bit much'

Lo and behold it shipped on April 30. Agh!!!

Still, happy to stop at a pet store on the way back from the airport and do some A class spoiling :D

South Australia to Melbourne.

The flight today was delayed 3 hours, not taking that as an omen!

They have been really rubbish lately, so disappointing as it's not like there's another option, haha.

We're in the western 'burbs too and I've been watching the sky eagerly.

Which part of Vic are you in? If you get really starved for puppy snuggles you're welcome to come round for a cup of tea and a vent when we have an arrival to share!

Oooh handy hint! Never even heard that before.

In the Otways so a little bit away from you :) Thanks for the offer though. I am hoping to get lucky with some news at the end of the month but dont want to get too ahead of myself.

Must also chase up Dogs Vic as I send in my paperwork at the end of April and havent got anything back yet.