Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

I have limited my checking of emails to 3 times per day now! Otherwise I'd go insane!! Still keeping everything crossed but its starting to make walking hard!! :thumbsup:

Which breeder did you get Oreo from?? He is adorable!!

All the pups are adorable! And puppy breath? oooooohh so cute

I have limited my checking of emails to 3 times per day now! Otherwise I'd go insane!! Still keeping everything crossed but its starting to make walking hard!! :)

Got everything crossed for you borderfan! :laugh:

I have limited my checking of emails to 3 times per day now! Otherwise I'd go insane!! Still keeping everything crossed but its starting to make walking hard!! :)

I got him from a NSW breeder and their prefix is tojess I think. He is lovely but loves to play TOO much! Last Saturday, he played with 2 other puppies until they could not handle him :laugh: In the end, they bark at him so he would not disturb them :laugh: .He needs a lot of play and training to keep him occupied or he will find himself some entertainment that I would not like.

Whats the best thing to stuff kongs with that will a while to get out?

At the moment i am putting half of his breakfast and some smelly treats in there, but i dont want to give him too many treats in there, besides the fact that the hole in the kong is a bit big and his breakfast comes out really fast so doesnt really entertain him for very long.

How do i stuff them? I have heard that freezing food in there works but what type and do i mix it with some water so that it freezes better?

Thanks guys.

Oh I know they can be soo naughty!! My old border Jordan who we lost recently was sooo lucky to make it through puppyhood!! As I was living at home at the time I thought my dad was going to take him to the pound! He used to love pulling shirts off the clothes line and he dug up all of my dads landscaped gardens!! Its just the naughty puppy stage and he grew into one of the most amazing dogs ever. And for all his tough guy talk, dad cried the most with me at the vet when Jordan passed.

Where are all these other gorgeous borders from?? My old boy J was a pup from a friend who had a border collie that was from a farm and had been knocked up by some other male border collie without knowing so cant really go back to that breeder!

Oscar had a much better night last night. We changed his sleeping arrangements so that he had free access to half the house (we thought he deserved this because he hasn't done any wees in the house). He was much happier not being in a pen. He slept most of the night next to our bed. He came and woke me up at about 5.30 to go outside for a wee. I was very impressed that he actually figured out that he had to come and wake me! It's something I expect of my adult dog but not a puppy! He jsut keeps amazing me.

His one downfall is that he loves to chew the wooden furniture (especially knobs). We tried putting mustard on them...which he licked off, then we tried a commercial spray....which he licked off. Nothing stops him. The strange thing is that he only seems to do it when we are right there with him.

post-33884-1274849189_thumb.jpg

post-33884-1274849212_thumb.jpg

Magstar - Oscar is so cute!!!

So yesterday.. I think my OH and I made a REALLY bad decision.. (OK, not horrible but..)

We've discussed it before to get Mars a friend somewhere down the track.. but yesterday.. one of the breeders we've been in contact with called us.. and.. we just couldn't refuse.. :)

What have we done?!?!?! :) Mars is just 5 months now, so does listen to us and is obedient.. but............ I know that they will get up to mischief together...

And just when we were starting to sleep in on weekends, cause Mars doesn't wake us up at 5:30am anymore! :o

So yesterday.. I think my OH and I made a REALLY bad decision.. (OK, not horrible but..)

We've discussed it before to get Mars a friend somewhere down the track.. but yesterday.. one of the breeders we've been in contact with called us.. and.. we just couldn't refuse.. :)

What have we done?!?!?! :) Mars is just 5 months now, so does listen to us and is obedient.. but............ I know that they will get up to mischief together...

And just when we were starting to sleep in on weekends, cause Mars doesn't wake us up at 5:30am anymore! :o

good luck and what breed?

We've discussed it before to get Mars a friend somewhere down the track.. but yesterday.. one of the breeders we've been in contact with called us.. and.. we just couldn't refuse.. :laugh:

Clastic :):laugh:

What are you getting and when?!

Ava still doesn't let us sleep in on weekends :scold:

Clastic :o:)

What are you getting and when?!

Ava still doesn't let us sleep in on weekends :laugh:

I know wuffles.. Its horrible isn't it!?!??! Ahhhhh!!! :laugh:

Getting another BC :scold:

I wish Mars was still our early morning wake up call. Wouldn't have had to leap outta bed running around like a crazy woman this morning then!

Emery - I need all the luck that I can get! :)

Oh and yes.. I know it is possibly the silliest decision to make!

Edited by Clastic

Magstar - I also used a commercial deterrent but it was not useful. Have you tried using spraying Eucalyptus Oil? My puppy hates that smell totally. The dog trainer in puppy school say that most dogs hate that smell.

Clastic - OMG! Your house will be chaotic. 1 BC is more than enough for me to handle. My boy is well behaved though. But he needs plenty of exercise to keep him occupied. I am also going to get a friend for Oreo sometime later. Not so fast though so most probably next year. I am going to get other breed of dog though. Maybe a sheltie, japanese spitz or golden retriever.

yeh nicolatu a rottweiler is a big black and tan dog and most are teddy bears :D i was afraid of them to i met an absolute teddy bear.

I'll 2nd that! My Mum had a rotti and he was the biggest sook. He'd bound over to you for hugs every chance he got and sit right at your legs/feet just to be sure he'd get a pat, I absolutely adored him. Loyal to the family and friendly to anyone that was introduced to him.

Don't forget he used to slobber too!

Clastic - I am sooo jealous!! Where are you getting pup from? When is it coming? boy or girl, I need pictures!!!!!

I've seen pictures!!!! :laugh:

She's a cutie! There'll be definite visits for her and Mars to her Aunty Stacey right Clastic? :D

I might have a puppy!!! I might have a puppy!!!!!!! :D :laugh: :D :eek: :D :dancingelephant:

I just received an email from a breeder I contacted earlier in the year about the possibility of a pup but there were too many people ahead of me on the waiting list and I missed out so I had since contacted a second breeder. Anyway the first breeder now has a pup for me!!!!! The original person who was going to adopt the pup has lost their job - sad for them but great for me!!!

Am so excited!! My wait might be over sooner than expected!!