Another Angel Lost To Bsl

Robbi

That is so, so, sad. How can the law permit the snuffing of a life? A friendly life. A blanket law that affects the good but sentences them to death anyway.

Could it be though that she an Amstaff x Kelpie ??? :flame:

Edited by Erny

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is so, so, sad. How can the law permit the snuffing of a life? A friendly life. A blanket law that affects the good but sentences them to death anyway.

Could it be though that she an Amstaff x Kelpie ??? :)

The law prohibits the breeding, buying or selling of these dogs in NSW.

If you want to apportion blame for this girl's short life, start with the person who bred her and the owner who has left her there to die.

It's a stupid law but its dogs who pay the price for disobeying it. :flame:

Let's not forget that she was dumped. Where's the outcry against people who dump their dogs at pounds when they get sick of them?

Let's not forget that she was dumped. Where's the outcry against people who dump their dogs at pounds when they get sick of them?

Was she?

Not a stray? Owners away? Don't realise?

Stolen and then dumped by no gooders?

All sorts of possibilities.

I agree that onus is on the owners particularly if they did just carelessly "dump" her. But the stinky law remains that this dog gets no chance to live as others do, just because she is "THAT" breed. :flame:

And that is so unfair.

Edited by Erny

She's on the Hawksbury list as surrendered, Erny. shameful. The least the owner could have done was take her to the vet and watched her while she was given the needle rather than just pass the buck off to someone else.

Oh. I'm sorry. I scanned the posts in the thread but didn't see that one.

Yes - the owners are blameful.

But the law still stinks as this girl who could be good in every way gets no chance to prove it and is given no second chance to a good home and life.

Edited by Erny

I had someone who would have taken her. I was devastated when I rang to be told that BSL meant she would not be released. It's the same here in Qld. Last year I rescued a PBT hanging from our fence, took it to the vet and put posters up with my phone number. The vet held onto the dog as they refused to contact council as they knew BSL would have killed her. Luckily the owner rang me a couple of days later and they were reunited. I can understand owners not stepping forward if their dog is taken by council. I reckon they think they would be fined for having one and are too scared to say anything.

This sweetheart did not deserve to die. :rofl: