Another Angel Lost To Bsl

Robbi

OMG, she should be the poster girl to fight against BSL! look at that face, full of love and life until some law decided to kill her!!

Life cut short, because of the uneducated dickheads who had the power to make the most outrageous law imaginable to the human and canine race. ;) Well done to all that thought this law would somehow educate the uneducated.

We are so backwards, when it comes to canine law... it is laughable!!

May this girls face haunt those who thought this law was the answer!

Rest in peace my dear. Run free in a world where there is no prejudice. :)

Edited by Beaglelover:)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse my ignorance...but someone commented something like 'when I saw her color I knew her time was limited"..why does color (or pigment) mean anything. How do they determine a 'breed' rather than a cross of similar appearance???? Is it subjective? In my past experience the clinic I worked for used to have a few apbt on treatment list..trust me there were more scary terrier crosses out there compared to them, treated right they were just honeys.

So sad- run free from this cruel world.

because her colour is the one most people assosiate (sp) with pits, thats all, so i thought she may not make it out. :laugh:

hp is a good pound, they don't get that many amstaffs in, blacktown pound , and renbury ( who i believe has one now) ,has lots of dogs just like this girl dying all the time, i have walked many a time past kennels there with dogs in which are not for resale due to their breed. :rofl:

Excuse my ignorance...but someone commented something like 'when I saw her color I knew her time was limited"..why does color (or pigment) mean anything. How do they determine a 'breed' rather than a cross of similar appearance???? Is it subjective? In my past experience the clinic I worked for used to have a few apbt on treatment list..trust me there were more scary terrier crosses out there compared to them, treated right they were just honeys.

So sad- run free from this cruel world.

I dont know the full story, but most Pitbull X's can be re-homed after a temperament test or at least go out to rescue where they can help with training etc. What was the difference in her case?? Was she pruebred Pitbull?? and if so, I hope they did a DNA test before ending her life???

Poor baby girl doesnt deserve that outcome.......Hope one day someone can make a difference......trouble is such a beautiful powerful breed seems to attract the wrong type of person(money making) so while those people are out there nothing will ever change for these poor dogs....So until we can rid of that human scum i cant see any light for them unfortunately.............

post-31407-1264068713_thumb.jpg

Edited by sandra64

Guys - THIS IS WHEN BITSA COMES IN HANDY!!!

Although they are not very good at proving what a breed IS... it is good at proving what a breed isnt.....

If a Bitsa test came back that she was a cross breed eg. recognised a secondary breed.... she would be released as the pound could not prove she was a pure bred pitbull.

SOMEONE....... do it.

We had a girl at our local pound a couple of years back, completely obvious she was a Dogue de Bordeaux cross (not a breed common here), she was just crossed with something smaller and lighter framed, and she was not allowed to be released because she had a red nose :D