Software Suite CD-ROM

Instruction Manuals

12 Month Warranty with Nikon

How confusing!

BODY ONLY in the box, it seems :)

if it is with the lenses- sounds good :flame:

Edited by persephone

It isn't too bad a deal

However, you could use DWI to get the D3000 with 18-55 Kit for $800 including Mack Diamon 3 year warranty (better than Nikon's 1 year!)

http://www.dwidigitalcameras.com.au/store/...?idProduct=2341

Even then when you add the 55-200 with 7 year warranty, it is only slightly more expensive... so it depends if you want to pay a bit more for longer warranty.

Otherwise it is a great deal.

Have you considered the D5000 kit with a camera that gives you a few extra for another $150 - $200?

Nikon D3000 Digital SLR Camera + Nikon 18-55mm VR + 55-200mm VR Lens

Price:

$959.00

inc GST within Australia

QTY:

That is what it comes with, it's not just the body. The "in the box" bit is just what's in the camera body box.

Price:

$959.00

inc GST within Australia

QTY:

That is what it comes with, it's not just the body. The "in the box" bit is just what's in the camera body box.

Fran, I've seen some good prices for these cameras recently, I think one was in the Harvey Norman catalogue.

I sent that link to my friend who works at Harvey Norman, he said he would match anything I found that's cheaper than their prices, even an online price :)

If he'll match an online price I'd go with him. Now, off you go to find the absolute cheapest price..... :)

Edited by Kirislin

Is digital camera warehouse grey market? I didn't think so... the guy at JB HiFi said they'd definitely match any price I found online excluding grey market stock. I haven't been to see my friend at Harvey Norman yet, for some reason he's trying to talk me into a Sony dSLR and from what I have heard (and read in reviews etc) they're dreadful. But I will go and have a chat with him.

JB came up with a price of $1110 for the Nikon D3000 pack (exactly as above), a 4GB memory card, a camera bag and some lens protector screens which he said would be a good idea if I'm shooting bands / gigs etc. They can do the pack alone for $970 which is still cheaper than that site because the postage is more than that. Honestly I would have expected him to chuck in a camera bag or something and I think I'll be asking him to, or see if my HN friend will.

I haven't been to see my friend at Harvey Norman yet, for some reason he's trying to talk me into a Sony dSLR and from what I have heard (and read in reviews etc) they're dreadful. But I will go and have a chat with him.

While I haven't used a sony dSLR, I have heard from quite a few people that they've "upgraded" to a canon or nikon after having one because the lenses aren't as easy to get hold of, or have as big a range. Personally I wouldn't go past a canon but if I had to get a different brand, I would get a nikon.

You should ask your friend why he thinks you should get a Sony - it might sound a little judgemental but if he's recommending one, I'm guessing he hasn't had that much experience with dSLR photography.

Is digital camera warehouse grey market? I didn't think so... the guy at JB HiFi said they'd definitely match any price I found online excluding grey market stock. I haven't been to see my friend at Harvey Norman yet, for some reason he's trying to talk me into a Sony dSLR and from what I have heard (and read in reviews etc) they're dreadful. But I will go and have a chat with him.

JB came up with a price of $1110 for the Nikon D3000 pack (exactly as above), a 4GB memory card, a camera bag and some lens protector screens which he said would be a good idea if I'm shooting bands / gigs etc. They can do the pack alone for $970 which is still cheaper than that site because the postage is more than that. Honestly I would have expected him to chuck in a camera bag or something and I think I'll be asking him to, or see if my HN friend will.

Digital Camera Warehouse is not grey market - from their website http://www.digitalcamerawarehouse.com.au/webcontent42.htm

"Are your cameras ‘grey market’?

‘Grey market’ products are imported into Australia outside the official distributor channel. ‘Grey Market’ cameras are not covered by the official warranty and quality is not guaranteed. Digital Camera Warehouse has not, does not and will not sell ‘grey products’. We have close partnerships with all the brands listed on our website and direct reseller accounts with them. All products sold by us come with the Australian Warranty, as supplied by the Australian wholesaler/distributor. We do not condone or endorse the sale, or the purchase, of grey market products. "

DWI is grey market as far as I can tell - answered my question :laugh: