Name Those Hard Working Stewards

Ceilidh

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my gosh, Len Goffin was my Chief Steward at the Gippy shows I ran for many years starting in the early '70s and his wife Joan always ticket wrote for me. Haven't seen either for years. If anyone sees them and remembers, please say 'Hi' to them from Fran from Warragul.

ETA - I had a great band of Stewards for the Warragul shows - Len Goffin, Tony Syme, Vic Hewitt, Wally Rice, Don Watkins,Mick Mooney and Peter (can't remember his surname, had Corgis).

Edited by pebbles

I dont know any of my Fav Stewards names. :cheer:

wish they had name tags on ...

there are a couple who just make the show ring a FUN place to be.. even when you lose they still make it a joyable day

* Tall , older , gentlemen, ( who has kepies i think ) - up Gunnedah way ( have seen him at EP too ) SOOO Kind and chatty :scared:

* Stocky dude from up Morriset way ( cracks me up every time ) :eek:

Ron is Brilliant! Haven't seen him around in a while though?

Ron is great, but cant say I have been in the ring with him stewarding...

Ron and his wife were travelling around Australia end of last year, so I am sure he will be at a show near you soon :)

Ok, I got this idea from the Lang Lang thread where someone is saying what a great steward they had. So....... I want you to give thumbs up for your favourite steward. Out of five.

I will start off with Vicky Rose she is a fairly new steward but always helpful, loud clear voice, knows her job and is ALWAYS pleasant. So to Vicky ;) :) ;) :) :D

Lou from Central QLD. "Thats it shows over for you" always a laugh. :(:)

I say Lou too, she keep us all entertained while we wait it is great to have someone who enjoys the job and does it well..... :(:(

Let's face it, in truth they are all great and it's very rarely one would spoil the atmosphere for me. To single out individuals though, LEN GOFFIN is tops. Mr MACANDIE and Reg Crabb are other names that spring to mind.

Anyone who is polite, thoughtful and sensible, gets my vote.

Edited by nynka

Let's face it, in truth they are all great and it's very rarely one would spoil the atmosphere for me.

Unfortunately not quite all. Unfortunately two grumpy old so and sos spring to mind without hesitation :thumbsup: I don't understand why these people keep stewarding when we have so many great stewards available.

The steward for Sth Easterns BIS was PETER HARRISON he is also show manager for Sth Gippy this year.

Peter is great :):thanks::o:worship:

Yes Vic in Vic is great, haven't seen him steward for along time.

Anthony Volpi is good too!

I have meet NSW SARGE and he is great!!!!!! :o:thumbsup: Such a character.

There are some that talk too much to the exhibitors and dont pay attention to whats happening in the ring.

BB

Another thumbs-up for Rod Shellback in Perth - he's been paying me out for more years than I care to remember! :thanks: Great bloke and a good steward.

Also used to love Ken Friday as a steward, and I've always gotten along famously with Brian...

What a great thread!!! :)

Another great one is Wayne Fleming. And he caught me out on my debut attempt at handling a weim today as well - of all the stewards to be stewarding, of course it had to be him, the one who would laugh the hardest! I was handling a baby puppy who eventually made her very first full turn around the ring today - yay! OK so i might have been a bit loud with my encouragement - but the steward didn't tell me off :)

:) I agree with you Auto...

All stewards need a pat on the back, it is not an easy job and I am sure they would like to be socializing and having a good time like everyone else...

But they have given up that time to steward, they keep the ring running, look after their judges and pick up the poo from the rings, yet they still wear the abuse from the special some !!!

:rofl: :D :D :D :D

I think ALL stewards need a 5 thumbsup and please remember what sort of job it is when you get a little angry at your steward !!!

Would be good to hear from a few that have stewarded and what things have been said to you !!!

:rofl: LIKE ::: You are getting paid for this (This was from an exhibitor that needed poo picking up)

My answer:: Yes your Royal Highness I am but a humble servant !! :rofl:

;) LIKE ::: You are getting paid for this (This was from an exhibitor that needed poo picking up)

My answer:: Yes your Royal Highness I am but a humble servant !! :p

:) ;) ;) Oh I can just hear you now ;) :laugh:

Just for you I have started another thread for the 'gems'