Secret Stash

Jigsaw

Tonight she has come inside with two tennis balls and just now part of one. :) Now we haven't played with tennis balls for over twelve months in our backyard and generally no balls at all are allowed (she's a little too obsessed). She doesn't look like she's been digging them up as they're pretty clean. The gate behind the shed may have come open and maybe they've been in there. I shall have to have a good look in the daylight and check out where her stash is.

Anybody else got a dog who's got a secret stash?

Not now but many years ago I used to run my kelpie girl at the local oval. She was ball mad and quickly found there was a large prickle bush on the edge of the oval that had a gold mine of tennis and cricket balls underneath that the kids couldn't get to!!!! She would race down to the bush and proudly emerge with her treasure!!!!

Tonight she has come inside with two tennis balls and just now part of one. :) Now we haven't played with tennis balls for over twelve months in our backyard and generally no balls at all are allowed (she's a little too obsessed). She doesn't look like she's been digging them up as they're pretty clean. The gate behind the shed may have come open and maybe they've been in there. I shall have to have a good look in the daylight and check out where her stash is.

Came home from work last friday and Sophie patiently waited by her trampoline bed so show me her haul - 2 small scooby doo basketballs and a green squeaky toy with rope. Lol - Balls thrown over by neighbours kids - now have puncture wounds from GSD teeth so they didnt want them back - (they had been warned that over the fence and they're gone into sophies mouth of doom) and the squeaky stolen from neighbours dogs who left it too close to a hole under the wire fence, lol. They're always trading toys with sophie though and vice versa - sharing is caring (-:

My puppies don't have a secret stash as such, but as we live on 5+ acres we have a lot of items blow in. Not at all unusual to go outside to find various 'toys' at the back door.

At the moment my boy is obsessed with a bucket lid (his frizby!) and my girl is obsessed with balls.

She also had an obsession with going next door and bringing back baby toys :laugh: (she is only 16 months old!!). Thankfully the neigbhours haven't moved in yet, but we have convinced her the grass is greener at home... with an electric fence! :rofl:

Yes, when we were living at my parents house Leia found a stuffed toy guinea pig one day, and was so chuffed with herself, it was the only stuffed toy at the time that she didn't destroy. To this day it is one of her favourite toys.

I don't know where it came from, but I suspect under the house as it was filthy and I had to wash it!

Now any time we go over to that house, she will disappear for a minute and then come back with some gross old toy that she had hidden away at one stage, and look very pleased with herself. :laugh:

Ahh...that's easy.

She is retrieving them from my dam! There should be about 14 in there at the moment! :laugh:

Recently, I spent a couple of hours slitting tennis balls and putting them over the tops of the star pickets in my main horse paddock. I stopped at the end of the row and looked back to survey my work and what did I see?

Not ONE SINGLE TENNIS BALL!!!!

And.....my 5yo Arabian gelding with the last one in his mouth, ambling towards the dam which he promptly dropped it into!

Can I hear you say dog food? :laugh:

Tonight she has come inside with two tennis balls and just now part of one. :laugh: Now we haven't played with tennis balls for over twelve months in our backyard and generally no balls at all are allowed (she's a little too obsessed). She doesn't look like she's been digging them up as they're pretty clean. The gate behind the shed may have come open and maybe they've been in there. I shall have to have a good look in the daylight and check out where her stash is.

Thats easy the secret dog fairy comes and drops off a load every now and again to make all those dogs, cats and of course horses happy :laugh:

Its like my cupboard with all the plastic tupperware containers....its a tardis in there, there's millions of them and I can't remember seeing half of them, plus most have no lids that fit. To this day I still have no idea why the plastic container fairy keeps dumping them in my cupboard without the lids :laugh:

well the jrt is the most ball obcessed dog ever.....

no matter where i take him he seems to find tennis balls growing on the ground..

in the lest likely spots.... now i have the video cable i will have to put up the vid of him at the beach with basket ball. currently stuck down the straight drop creek bank. might have to get child to resuce it later today.

It seems Paxy's not the only one!! :laugh: I found another one on the lawn this morning and another bit of the fluff without a ball. The shed gate was shut too, no visible holes in the garden so I give up! At the moment she's trying to dig her way through the plastic drain cover :p , she loves drains, they must smell good!

;) at your gelding Ellz!!!