What Strange Tastes Do Your Dogs Have?

mutt lover

MIne are on a RAW diet.............Lots of veggies, Beans, peas, carrots, pumkin and anything green, love anything really, but will drool for any melon or apple. The newf pup's, Katy, favorite treat is water melon, she adores it. She also like mandarins.

Zedley like raw carrot, curries, chillies, fruits and french fries :) My dog in the UK used to nick up the back garden and steal my alpine strawberries :thumbsup: One year our family cat got at Mum's Christmas cake that was cooling overnight. It was a rich fruit cake and the cat niccled all the way around the top :laugh:

Benson loves apples and will steal them out of peoples bags.

He also loves watermelon rind, in fact they both do but Dusty will eat a little bit, Benson will eat all of it.

I buy pre-made kebabs from the butcher, they are threaded with pieces of capsicum between the meat, and I roast them in the oven. One night I was eating them and gave the dogs a bit of capsicum each. When my husband got home I gave him some, but he hates capsicum and stacked it in a pile on his plate ready for the bin. I told him to give the dogs it, one piece at a time as they loved it.....he couldn't believe his eyes when they gobbled up a piece each then came back for more!

We used to have a cat that loved MacDonalds Junior burgers. My husband would buy one for her when we had Maccas for dinner, he'd unwrap it and put the burger on the paper. She would take the top off the bun, remove the pickle carefully with her paw then eat the meat patty first, then the bun.

It seems all our dogs eat better than us :)

I have always had Rotties - never found any foods that they wouldn't eat!

My old girl Venus loved drinking Pepsi Max - wouldn't go near Doctor Pepper but when Pepsi Max came out she would slurp it up! My old boy Buster ate a 2kg block of Cadbury... only the best for him.

My 2 Rotties now will eat anything,, and if they are too slow the other one will gladly eat on their behalf.

Last tomato season my boy who was only 5 months old at the time would watch me pick tomatoes - he would then go pick his own and eat them. I guess I should say thank you to him because now I have self-seeded tomato plants everywhere :D

Erik loves fruit and vegies, too. Last night he ate frozen broccoli I accidentally dropped on the floor. He'll perform for carrot peel. It's a bit sad, really. Both Erik and Kivi have gorged on palm fruit back when we had palms. The palms came down almost a year ago and they still bring in old palm fruit fairly regularly. They love chewing on the seed. They'll munch on that for hours.

Erik is also a big fan of ice cream.

Kivi likes egg shells.

Both of them are fiends for the rabbit pellets. It gives them the runs without fail, even if they only get a mouthful or two, but they just won't stay away from it. It's in a plastic storage container, and we have to leave an esky on the lid so they don't nudge it off and help themselves. I also had to put the wood-based litter in a plastic container because Erik figured they must be more rabbit food and was eating them.