This Is Why I Am A Breeder

Ozstar

People often ask me why I breed, why do I go through all the heartache, loss of sleep, loss of money.

Well this is why - a letter from one of my recent puppy buyers.

Hi Leanne and family,

Firstly thank you so much for allowing my family to love the wonderful little dog, Fudge.” He is everything we had hoped for only better and your professionalism as a breeder is impeccable. We have told everyone we see how unbelievably clean and loved both your kennels and your dogs are and how great your puppy package was and appreciated. We appreciate your knowledge and guidance when we picked him up. Enough of the gush but I had to let you know that we are very impressed.

“Fudge” has settled in very well and has now had a change of batteries for the “Eveready Energizer bunny variety!” Lol. Yes I know you told us that. Right now he is having his nightly “skitz” and he is so funny. Yesterday his ears changed and got the “Stafford” crease in them. He has only had about 4 “accidents” and is toilet training well. He loves his toys especially his giant yellow duck that he is chewing right now. We are teaching him not to chew us so hard with his bloody sharp baby teeth!!! Ouch! He now only licks thank god but it is still a bit of a worry during his ‘skitz’ times. It is amazing just watching him discover new things. We just sit and watch and are continually captivated by his innocence. He is so strong already and it is so amazing how quickly he is changing everyday. He now plays for about an hour and a half straight and each time a little faster and adventurous. “Fudge” has no fear and loves to leap, much to our worry. So this means keeping a constant watch on him.

So far we have nearly worn out Louise’s camera and we have hundreds of photos of nearly every thing that has made us go “awwww.” I have sent some photo’s for you to keep track on how he is going. Sadly he sleeps in our bed but we are used to that…. I’ll personally be glad when he stops waking up at 2.00am for a “play” but he is so cute so we tolerate it gladly. The first night he was a bit unsettled so he slept on and off on my chest on the lounge till 4.00am. I think he liked the sound of my heartbeat or something like that.

He is so faithful and never lets us out of his sight. I love that and that was what I was hoping for. That was what I missed when lost “Bozley”. Please let me know what I have to do for this puppy show starting with the date and place so I can see what I can do to have our little dynamo ready to show what the “Ozstar” kennel is all about…. J

Enough of the dribble because we love him so much I will go on all night otherwise. We just simply want to say, from all of us here, a very, very sincere……………………THANK YOU

I know how you feel. Have had a couple of emails like that in the past week and the delight in watching one of my puppy people drive away with the BIGGEST sh*t-eating grin on his face. I commented that if he kept smiling like that he'd get arrested because people would think he was up to no good! :laugh:

I love seeing the smiles on the new owners faces and love that is glowing in their eyes.

It is just so heart warming to know that there are people out there that will love your babies as much as you do and appreciate everything that you have done. It is also rewarding to know that the pup that I have chosen for them is the right pup.

I have been so lucky in the past to have found such wonderful families for babies.

Leanne

I put a smile on two lovely little girl's faces today! :D

They thought they were meeting a friend of mummy's at the park to have a play date. Little did they know that their play date was their brand new puppy! :laugh:

I don't know who was more excited, the parents, the children or the puppy. It was certainly a sight to behold and more than one of us got a little teary at the excitement! :D

I put a smile on two lovely little girl's faces today!

They thought they were meeting a friend of mummy's at the park to have a play date. Little did they know that their play date was their brand new puppy!

I don't know who was more excited, the parents, the children or the puppy. It was certainly a sight to behold and more than one of us got a little teary at the excitement!

Did you take photos? That would of been so wonderful to see.

I love seeing kids faces light up.

Leanne

My best experience was I had a phone call from an older man, who had been referred by another breeder. He has always had pugs his whole life... his daughters were named after much loved pugs. He had just lost his old black pug and was feeling his loss quite badly. He rang, we spoke and cried together and he said he would ring when the pups were older and organise to come and see them. he rang the following night and asked if he could possible come down on the weekend. As the pups were only 1 week when he came he just sat and looked at them. He pointed to the one he liked and I held it up for him to see. Long story short, Sinbad has the most wonderful home, with a lovely gentleman who loves him dearly, spoils him rotten and keeps in touch with photo's and phone calls. Sinbad is coming up 2 in feb and I know I'll get an e-mail with his birthday pic.

That's what I love about breeding.

• 3 weeks later...

I recently got a similar email from a buyer. The pups are now 16 weeks old. Some photos accompanied the email. It really does give you the warm and fuzzies.

You did well in breeding for temperament. I open my bedroom sliding door each morning and night for Thor and he walks in like a lion cub on prowl and then turns and places himself across by legs belly up for a scratch and cuddle as he does with the my husband and the boys as well. He has ultimate trust in our whole family and already shows barking aggression to strangers. You need to be congratulated on his temperament and for future litters we would be happy to recommend your kennel t anyone. He is going to be a really big boy as you can see by his ears. He is just so perfect for us and I cannot thank you enough for bringing him into our world – he is so loved he is a sook to us.

• 2 weeks later...

I got another lovely email today.

I placed this particular puppy with this guy because he wanted a quieter, more laidback puppy that he could take to work with him. The boy he ended up with was the absolute image of my Roger in temperament. A real cruisey, laidback thinker who just lets the world come on down to him!

This is what he said today! :)

<paste>Hi Lisa, I need to take a few more photos and email to you. Toby is just wonderful he is the smartest and best dog I have ever had. To be honest, I love him too death and so does everyone else. I honestly, do not know where I can fault him, yet he does play the sympathy card well. I could not be happier with my choice of breeder.

Thank you because you picked perfectly. <end paste>

Pure gold! :cry:

Here is an e-mail I received yesterday, from a lovely family that has my wee little girl "Ripley" from my last litter (december).... I love the way it is written from Ripley...

Woof woof!!!! Its Ripley here.....just wanting to let you i have settled into my new home very nicely....i am loving my new family.....mummy and daddy say im growing lots already...i can now jump up on the couch and the beds...uh oh!!! I love playing in the yard but i dont like the wet grass from the rain.......i get very excited to see mummy or daddy after they been at work...they have given me lots of toys to play with and im smothered with kisses and cuddles......i even get special treats from the puppy shop like pig ears and bones.......i think i have won mummy over and have become a mummys girl she calls me her princess:):)I love to go for walks with daddy and the boys to the park and run through the bushes......i have been trying very hard to be gentle with the kids but sometimes i get a little excited!!! I like to wake up very early for a play....mummy lets me go and wake daddy up and i give him big morning kisses....... I like to chew on everything...hehe...oops....but im a puppy hey :mad i love shoes the best and biting at ppls clothes but when i get made to stop i behave.......im getting much better at toilet training and i love the bath and i even follow mummy or daddy into the shower....Daddy says he cant wait to take me to the beach..hopefully at easter......mummy and daddy have attached some recent photos of me for you to see.....i even like to pose sometimes...... send my love to my real mummy and to all my friends at chopperlodge.....miss u all but im loving my new family and am trying very hard to be a good girl!!!

WOOF WOOF!!!!

LOVE RIPLEY

xxoooo

She was a special girl and has clearly made herself at home with this wonderful family...