I'm Officially Crazy Dog Lady .....

LDR

Yep me too.

My neice and nephew, who are 12 and 10, gave me an apron for Christmas with 'Crazy Dog Lady' on it :thumbsup: They thought it was a joke but I love it. Whenever they go out with me I get a lecture before we leave home about talking to strange dogs and their owners. Not that that stops me :thumbsup:

My dog is my life. I am without an identity with no dog :thumbsup: . My family's main worry is that I will love my dog more than my human kid..which is unlikely. Both of them are my kids, one born from the heart the other the womb.

My partner worries about this all the time, when its our time to have children, and I worry it may come true, I even consider the possibility of not having human babies because I love dogs more and yes Im serious :laugh:

I am scared to have babies because I dont want to spend less time with my future dog. and the other day OH tells me that we should wait until we have a child so we can get a dog at the same we have a baby :cheer: thats wayyyy too long away

My partner also tells me that I give the animals more affection and attention than I do them :cheer: I shouldnt laugh though cause they get very upset about it.

Is there something wrong with me that I would rather have dogs and cats over human babies?

I'm A CDL.

I was at a party where a lady was sitting on her own and no one was talking to her. I knew she had a nice girl lab rescue that had played with my rotty previously.

I tried to be nice as she was on her own and go over and talk to her about dogs and how her lab was doing-a mutual interest.

I was furious later when she complained to someone that all I do is talk dogs & it was too much :thumbsup: I was only trying to be nice LOL.

Needless to say since then if I have seen her-mostly on her own I don't talk to her either!

I try not to talk dogs too much with people that are not interested but I love chatting to my friends who love dogs too.

At work if anyone has a dog question or has lost their dog etc I am the first one they call which is kind of funny-it's because I'm the CDL.

Edited by MelissaS

I, too am a CDL..........if ever someone in my neighbourhood finds a stray dog, they always come knocking at my door to see if I might know who owns it, or if I will keep it and try to find the owner. The kids always call me the 'dog lady'...........a bit better than the CDL I guess. :o

Trish

Is there something wrong with me that I would rather have dogs and cats over human babies?

Naomi I am currently pregnant with my first human kid and yes, I was worried about having my 8 year old dog coping with a newborn. But it takes effort to make sure they get along and my OH and I are more than prepared to make the transition as smooth and positive as possible. I wake up on some nights crying (hormones I think) and worried about having to spend less time with my dog. He is with me 24/7 and I really really really love him so much. I have to tell myself it is possible to have our quality time together even with a baby along the way :rofl: Many DOLers have great skin kids and furkids...it will work out fine! WHen you are ready you will be ready.

I am still a CDL and I think I will be one till my toes turn. I hope that my child will have a lot of love for our dog and future dogs too :laugh:

Edited by cashew

Congrats on the bub on the way, yeah I can imagine it would be scary having your first child and being scared that the dog will get left out, I have read so many rescue stories about people having to rehome there dogs because of having a baby on the way - I keep telling my partner WE ARE NOT and I mean NOT going to forget about our dog(s) when we have human babies, the dog will be just like another kid or we are not having them at all :confused:

dont be worried about your dog though, it seems that you love your dog very very much and Im sure that the baby and dog will get along great :laugh:

Yep i am one. :laugh: I have kids also. So between a toy found in my bed you will likely find Rotty bitch hair and maybe even an old chomped down piece of rib that has been stashed under my doonah. :confused:

Yes i have to mop and do washing VERY frequently!

personally i dont like the 'crazy' bit of the title

it implies lack of thought or some sorta disorder like hoarding

'crazy ABOUT dogs' YES! but not just 'crazy dog lady'

people dont listen to crazy people anyway so we have to be careful not come across bent and narrow minded when it comes to seeing it from other people's perspective..i think wed do the canine world a service then

i dont get why people have to label anyone anything really

what about people who collect china or adorn themselves with bling

or car enthusiasts ...wine buffs

id rather be a buff than a crazy..someone who is discerning and educated about their favourite thing in the world

personally i dont like the 'crazy' bit of the title

it implies lack of thought or some sorta disorder like hoarding

'crazy ABOUT dogs' YES! but not just 'crazy dog lady'

people dont listen to crazy people anyway so we have to be careful not come across bent and narrow minded when it comes to seeing it from other people's perspective..i think wed do the canine world a service then

i dont get why people have to label anyone anything really

what about people who collect china or adorn themselves with bling

or car enthusiasts ...wine buffs

id rather be a buff than a crazy..someone who is discerning and educated about their favourite thing in the world

I pretty much agree with all of that :cry:

My Face book update last week said something like you know you are a bit crazy when you pass a nice dog while driving so you slow down to see and the owner catches you looking :mad:cry:

or something like that anyway. Its so hard to be sneaky and catch a peak at the neighbourhood dogs when you are driving a car!

Speaking of seeing dogs while driving, I love dogs so much that my OH is jokingly scared to get in the car with me as when I see a dog walking I basically swerve the car in that direction (especially if its a Shep as they're my absolute FAVOURITE but shhh dont tell the others!)