I'm Officially Crazy Dog Lady .....

LDR

Ok, OH can be a child at times and gain amusement from riling me up ... :laugh: I usually retaliate later with an unexpected cap gun attack. But I digress.

On Sunday (a particularly hot day) a gentlemen was walking his Husky and OH pipes up - poor dog having to cope in this heat! - to which I start my "their coat actually insulates them ..." speech at which point he sniggers and says ahhhh CDL (my nickname short for Crazy Dog Lady), you're too easy sometimes.

Ok, OH can be a child at times and gain amusement from riling me up ... :laugh: I usually retaliate later with an unexpected cap gun attack. But I digress.

On Sunday (a particularly hot day) a gentlemen was walking his Husky and OH pipes up - poor dog having to cope in this heat! - to which I start my "their coat actually insulates them ..." speech at which point he sniggers and says ahhhh CDL (my nickname short for Crazy Dog Lady), you're too easy sometimes.

LOL CDL Baited!!! :D

:laugh:

Yep. I'm the Crazy Dog Lady too... I took Charlie out walking this morning and we bumped into a lady who's dog did it's business and she didn't pick it up! I walked over to her and hand her a spare poo bag, and told her to pick up her dog's business. She was all flustered and then muttered walking away 'Crazy dog person'.. :D

All my friends knows not to bring up the topic of Dogs or Charlie.. or else there is no stopping me! :D

My dog is my life. I am without an identity with no dog :laugh: . My family's main worry is that I will love my dog more than my human kid..which is unlikely. Both of them are my kids, one born from the heart the other the womb.

:laugh:

Yep. I'm the Crazy Dog Lady too... I took Charlie out walking this morning and we bumped into a lady who's dog did it's business and she didn't pick it up! I walked over to her and hand her a spare poo bag, and told her to pick up her dog's business. She was all flustered and then muttered walking away 'Crazy dog person'.. :D

All my friends knows not to bring up the topic of Dogs or Charlie.. or else there is no stopping me! :D

Good on you CW! That is one thing that drives me absolutely nuts! I mean it really isn’t hard to pick up after your dog.

I too am a crazy dog lady to most of my friends and family. My friends are constantly amused that I can always find some spare money for a new dog toy or collar!

I am sure that my dad thinks I will never give him skin-grandkids either! Luckily though he does love his fur-grandkid, and he is always threatening to keep him!

We had a vicious storm here on a Sunday, driving home on a busy road a fluffy JRT cross darts in front of the car in front of ours. I stop immediately, lure her to me (she was so frightened she defecated poor lass :D ) and then as it was literally pounding with rain took her home rather then continue door knocking (no clue which direction she'd run from).

So ... home. A few drops of Rescue Remedy. A liver treat. A warm bath and brush (little princess luuuuuurved that part) then off to the after hours vet to have her scanned .... No current number, just a name and that she is listed as living in a suburb two hours away ...

Back in the car and door knock the other half of the road ... BINGO - second house is hers !!! Relieved owner ... a reminder from me to update her chip info and a HUGE thanks for making her all fluffy and gorgeous.

Everyone I tell that story to (who is non "dog") finds it funny. :laugh:

efs

Edited by LilDogsRule

We had a vicious storm here on a Sunday, driving home on a busy road a fluffy JRT cross darts in front of the car in front of ours. I stop immediately, lure her to me (she was so frightened she defecated poor lass :D ) and then as it was literally pounding with rain took her home rather then continue door knocking (no clue which direction she'd run from).

So ... home. A few drops of Rescue Remedy. A liver treat. A warm bath and brush (little princess luuuuuurved that part) then off to the after hours vet to have her scanned .... No current number, just a name and that she is listed as living in a suburb two hours away ...

Back in the car and door knock the other half of the road ... BINGO - second house is hers !!! Relieved owner ... a reminder from me to update her chip info and a HUGE thanks for making her all fluffy and gorgeous.

Everyone I tell that story to (who is non "dog") finds it funny. :laugh:

efs

the last stray I took to the vet (a sort of huge Ridgeback type) I said, I have just found this darling' thing..... and got the OMG a crazy old etc etc look......

This is not funny at all. It is amazing! You could be a CDA-Crazy Dog Angel.

We had a vicious storm here on a Sunday, driving home on a busy road a fluffy JRT cross darts in front of the car in front of ours. I stop immediately, lure her to me (she was so frightened she defecated poor lass :mad ) and then as it was literally pounding with rain took her home rather then continue door knocking (no clue which direction she'd run from).

Everyone I tell that story to (who is non "dog") finds it funny. :eek:

efs

We had a vicious storm here on a Sunday, driving home on a busy road a fluffy JRT cross darts in front of the car in front of ours. I stop immediately, lure her to me (she was so frightened she defecated poor lass :rofl: ) and then as it was literally pounding with rain took her home rather then continue door knocking (no clue which direction she'd run from).

Everyone I tell that story to (who is non "dog") finds it funny. :mad

efs

the last stray I took to the vet (a sort of huge Ridgeback type) I said, I have just found this darling' thing..... and got the OMG a crazy old etc etc look......

Hehehehe! My Mum is RIDICULOUSLY frightened of "big" dogs. Buuuut in 2 years of Mr Timmy (4.2kg) and LOTS of dog park adventures meeting 45kg Gentle Benson (the bitza), Saxon the gorgeous Husky etc she now realises big dogs aren't ferocious.

Imagine my shock when she was at a dog show and remarked "ooooh look at the boooooodiful boy, you like that don't you? Your tum tum scratched baby boy" and it was a massive entire Rottie! :eek:

This is not funny at all. It is amazing! You could be a CDA-Crazy Dog Angel.
We had a vicious storm here on a Sunday, driving home on a busy road a fluffy JRT cross darts in front of the car in front of ours. I stop immediately, lure her to me (she was so frightened she defecated poor lass :p ) and then as it was literally pounding with rain took her home rather then continue door knocking (no clue which direction she'd run from).

Everyone I tell that story to (who is non "dog") finds it funny. :mad

efs

I just connect with dogs more then people at times :rofl: I really could not stop myself from pampering her. She was so distressed and whilst I was careful to not reinforce her storm fear I made her feel like a Queen for a little while. Her owners were chuffed. She was so cute - an eleven year old JRT cross with such a lady like persona. Timmy didn't particularly like the intrusion but he coped! :eek:

CDL? Guilty!

I think my colleagues really hate asking the obligatory 'what did you do on the weekend' question on Monday mornings, I can go on for a while about the adventures of Bronte.

Cashew - nothing infuriates me more than seeing doggy doo doo at the dog park, how hard is it I ask. One of my greatest fears is forgetting/running out of baggies a the park.

:thumbsup: He he he, i think just by being a DOL regular we all qualify as CDLs (well except for the men! :laugh: ).

I "saved" a little stray dog the other day too and tried several times to chat about it to friends who every time stared blankly at me. Again when I tried to talk about dog training. I gave up. :laugh: Not everyone understands - heck even my OH's eyes glaze over when I talk about dogs.

I recognise my CDL status but I try to remain incognito and only reveal my obsession to other CDLs. :thumbsup: