Caulfield Pet Expo Aka Lydnhurst & Metropolitan Ca

LizT

Just wondering if anyone knows what the deal is with regards to 'setting up"? Are we under cover ie. Horse tie up stalls, do we need Gazebos etc? Noticed that Saturday is an 8.00 am ringstart. Yawn.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering if anyone knows what the deal is with regards to 'setting up"? Are we under cover ie. Horse tie up stalls, do we need Gazebos etc? Noticed that Saturday is an 8.00 am ringstart. Yawn.

If it's same same place as it was previously held you will need all the normal stuff. It's out in the open on grass. There is a grand stand that some people set up on but last time I seen trolleys with terrified dogs in them rolling down the big steps. If you set up there, please be careful!!

I think there was also a bit of undercover space but I would be taking the gazeebo anyway.

:)

Change to Shows / Trials

The Lyndhurst Canine Country Club Show (13 Feb) and Metropolitan Canine Association Show (14 Feb) will now take place at the Caulfield Race Course as a feature of the Melbourne Pet & Animal Expo. Please note the start time for both shows will be 9:00am. Read the notice to members for more information.

Can anyone tell me a little more about these shows - which breeds are likely to be there?

I imagine there will be a sprinkling of all the usual suspects!! :laugh: (ie. Most breeds would probably have some representation, though I don't think entries are very big??)

organisers must be disappointed with the overall entry.....

Saturday under 600 dogs and I think about 100 extra on Sunday...

not great for "metropolitan" shows !!!!!

From what I can remember the Expo has never really had big numbers.

Many won't go as the don't like the venue as it's small and full of public people wandering around.

I love it and was dissapointed when the stopped it! The shopping was always amazing, I always went home broke!! :cry:

Many won't go as the don't like the venue as it's small and full of public people wandering around.

I love it and was dissapointed when the stopped it! The shopping was always amazing, I always went home broke!! :D

Ditto!!!

The Pet Expo 2005 was my 2nd ever show LOL (and my first champ show ;) ), and have been ever year since barring last year when it was not on. Would have entered this year if it weren't for pups. However hoping to come down for a wander (and to empty my bank account :D :) ).

I always had a great time and picked up heaps of bargains!!

I love it and was dissapointed when the stopped it! The shopping was always amazing, I always went home broke!! :eek:

Ditto!!!

The Pet Expo 2005 was my 2nd ever show LOL (and my first champ show :D ), and have been ever year since barring last year when it was not on. Would have entered this year if it weren't for pups. However hoping to come down for a wander (and to empty my bank account :):champagne: ).

Oh SP - you better come and say hello!! :D

I love it and was dissapointed when the stopped it! The shopping was always amazing, I always went home broke!! :cry:

Ditto!!!

The Pet Expo 2005 was my 2nd ever show LOL (and my first champ show :D ), and have been ever year since barring last year when it was not on. Would have entered this year if it weren't for pups. However hoping to come down for a wander (and to empty my bank account :( :( ).

Oh SP - you better come and say hello!! :eek:

I was gonna go on the Friday :cry: Might have to make it the Saturday instead LOL. Just worried about leaving my bubbas (mum's working). But I want Sohvi cuddles... and to see my handsome Bear-man. Oh the dilemmas :cry:

Oh for people going- make sure you take enough cash- the ATMs there are the stupid generic ones that charge a small fortune to withdraw from lol.

Hopefully you are not on before 10 lappiemum as I am going to come and try and watch on saturday but it is not open to the public until 10.

So the Showing will start BEFORE the public even get in?? Mixed emotions about that! LOL ! :laugh:

I think we should be on after 10am - given that we have to get up to L in the alphabet, there are usually cattle dogs, Australian kelpies, collies (smooth and rough) and a variety of other breeds before we get in - which is great, since I'm always running late for these things!

We're on both Sat and Sunday - no show on the Friday though. :laugh:

And Boof will love cuddles (so will Sohvi, but she may just want to puppy wrestle)!