Anyone Thinking Of Buying A Houndbag?

4 Paws

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also having a really blonde moment....how do you remove the 'dog collar' fromo the strap?

Tried for 20 mins to work it out last night! :laugh:

I think you are refering to the Lead Handle as a Collar? (if i am correct in assuming)

It is sewn in place and can be used either as a handle or to tether around a pole if you are say going into a shop and have to leave our Dog outside.

I am having a different problem! I thought it was odd that I was sent a horse sized collar and then wondered if it would clip on to the handle but it doesn't. I have a standard bag and the prongs clip on the collar are too big to fit into the clips on the lead.

Off to email Houndbags to see if it can be rectified.

I am also having a really blonde moment....how do you remove the 'dog collar' fromo the strap?

Yeah, I don't think the part you can use as a collar can be removed from the strap... I think you can buy a collar seperately though.

I am having a different problem! I thought it was odd that I was sent a horse sized collar and then wondered if it would clip on to the handle but it doesn't. I have a standard bag and the prongs clip on the collar are too big to fit into the clips on the lead.

Sorry, but :laugh:

I do hope you get it sorted quickly though.

It's official, these bags have caused nothing but grief, embarassment and confusion!!! :laugh:

You cant remove the collar from the strap, they are sewn together!! I guess it is made like that incase you lose one or the other, using it as a collar and lead. I have had the need to use mine once when I went for a walk and 3 of mine had collars on and one didn't. So it did come in handy but not something Id use all the time and it is not adjustable.

Sorry, but :crazy:

I do hope you get it sorted quickly though.

It's official, these bags have caused nothing but grief, embarassment and confusion!!! :laugh:

:laugh: I really do love my hound bag, it is up there in my 3 fav dog products :scold:

:laugh: I really do love my hound bag, it is up there in my 3 fav dog products :scold:

I have to admit, I do really like mine too... even though I could have kept using my Petbarn bag... I feel kinda cool with my Houndbag and it's not so cumbersome and big, and I don't have to stuff my phone in my pocket anymore :laugh:

Maybe I'm stupid, but why does it matter to the makers of the product how much a supplier sells items for??? As long as they are still getting their money???

Because other suppliers then cannot compete and people will stop stocking them.

I still find it odd that they were being sold for cost price to begin with - whats the point if you aren't making anything??

Theres got to be some catch...

Maybe I'm stupid, but why does it matter to the makers of the product how much a supplier sells items for??? As long as they are still getting their money???

I still find it odd that they were being sold for cost price to begin with - whats the point if you aren't making anything??

It also damages a premium brand. Think of apple - they never have real sales, and if they do you'll get a max of 10% off.

These guys might have used the houndbags to build up a customer base. Growing retailers often do this to build their base and then sell more expensive stuff.

I agree Wagsalot

I am contemplating on getting rid of the range. Although i think they are fabulous and Houndbags is a small business as well.

I did contact Houndbags last Sept when i took on the range, when i found out someone was selling them just about at Cost ( but not including the freight )

The reply i got was that they couldn't really stop them and that they were moving them.

Selling at cost is really great for the comsumer, but retailers will stop stocking them and it will be bad for the industry - Job losses and customer support to begin with.

( just look at what has happened with the clients of houndbag and the ebay seller where are they now to help after the sale has gone through )

Oh well, I guess if Houndbags themselves didn't really care in that case theres not much you can do.

Im struggling enough as it is competeing with the larger stores that sell things less than I can even buy them. Then with people selling at cost, well the more people do it the closer i get to closing the doors.

Edited to add - I do want a houndbag though!!

Edited by wagsalot

I got an almost immediate reply from Houndbags and it was explained that the huge collar doesn't fit my bag and it is a promotion item from the expos. I am happy with that as I did wonder why I received it when it wasn't in the product description.

So does anyone want a huge reflective collar?

I got an almost immediate reply from Houndbags and it was explained that the huge collar doesn't fit my bag and it is a promotion item from the expos. I am happy with that as I did wonder why I received it when it wasn't in the product description.

They all must be on the ball today as I sent another email about my faulty bag and got an almost immediate response too AND a phone call to my personal mobile at 8:45pm this evening.

The lady from Houndbag was lovely, extremely apologetic and "flabbergasted" that my emails have not been responded to.

A new bag will be posted to me first thing Monday :(

Just a point to note..( after reading all these posts again )

If the makers of this product are worried about the price they are being sold for ( under RRP )

Then why did they go out and sell the product at an expo for near enough to cost! :laugh:

Seems to me double standards.

Perhaps they should make up their minds as to what their business is all about.

Or restraint of trade..... but not my area of expertise. Worth a call to the ACCC though