A Well Known Dog Trainer Says:

~Shepherd~

Patting, stroking, muzzle chewing, Bitty and Bubby love it all!!!!!

I wouldn't do it to any other dog besides my own though!

You chew their muzzles? :o

Hehehe just a bit of soft chomp! No teeth! They have very chubby cheeks perfect for chomping on!!!

:laugh:

I draw the line at kissing their heads and ears. I would not put my mouth near a dogs mouth - they eat raw meat and lick their bums.

Edited by Pointeeblab

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Was it in the context of meeting a new dog, or a dog that you are quite familiar with. I think a little more clarity is warranted before people can truly comment.

Just in case you missed my question the first time.

just in case you missed post 13 http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?s=&a...t&p=4331619

ETA: Well, I missed page 3, so I'm as bad as you

Any trainers going to add an opinion?

Edited by Chewbacca

Was it in the context of meeting a new dog, or a dog that you are quite familiar with. I think a little more clarity is warranted before people can truly comment.

just in case you missed post 13 http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?s=&a...t&p=4331619

just in case you missed post 39 http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?s=&a...t&p=4332226

Most of mine couldn't care less if it's a pat, stroke or a slap under the chops. They come back for more with the tails wagging and there's no hand shy dog in this house.

I did manage to insult Ronin with one of my slaps, when I walked out and gave him one in the usual style. I forgot he wasn't one of mine :laugh:

ETA: strange dogs, timid dogs etc. No way

Edited by SBT123

Patting, stroking, muzzle chewing, Bitty and Bubby love it all!!!!!

I wouldn't do it to any other dog besides my own though!

You chew their muzzles? :o

Hehehe just a bit of soft chomp! No teeth! They have very chubby cheeks perfect for chomping on!!!

Ewww! Gross! Do you know where and what dogs do with their mouths?? :laugh:

We have a shy dog and I ask people to only touch her under her chin or on her chest. If a man tries to pat our male on the head he will back away, again, people should pat strange dogs under chins not on top.

just in case you missed post 39 http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?s=&a...t&p=4332226

In case you misssed post 42 ETA

:o

In case you misssed post 42 ETA

I have been prompted to post this picture of my Pointer from our DOL meet today.

That's him with his head shoved between someone's hands... eyes closed in rapture. He always does that when he's irritated. :)

Poor little bastard.

Is that a pointer??

It sure is. Solid orange Pointer. He's so beautiful! :)

Yes he is!! Never seen that lovely colour. Any better photos of him? I LOVE pointers :laugh: have a hungarian and italian, would love another italian (bracco) and an english!!!! Lovely.xxx

Ours forcefully put their heads under your hand for pats, rubs, strokes - whatever you or anyone else is willing to offer :) - couldn't stop them if I tried. I was recently at a show standing talking to a Samoyd exhbititor and clapped for the prior breed results when one of her dogs on the trolley stuck his muzzle in between my hands while I was clapping - he thought it was very funny indeed, so I kept clapping to amuse him :laugh: - he loved it.

I have been prompted to post this picture of my Pointer from our DOL meet today.

That's him with his head shoved between someone's hands... eyes closed in rapture. He always does that when he's irritated. ;)

Poor little bastard.

Is that a pointer??

It sure is. Solid orange Pointer. He's so beautiful! ;)

Yes he is!! Never seen that lovely colour. Any better photos of him? I LOVE pointers :D have a hungarian and italian, would love another italian (bracco) and an english!!!! Lovely.xxx

You'll be sorry you asked!! He is a very well photographed Pointer. :laugh:

3971797864_c62811af72.jpg

Edited by Pointeeblab

Here are some more. He's still a leggy youngster with more head development and body development to go. He's extremely handsome and beautifully natured though. He was bred by a DOL member called "Zurhaan" and she leased Ashanali's bitch, Sunni, for the mating. Solid pointers are not common in Australia but hell they should be! Hopefully they will become more popular with time.

post-3856-1266215777_thumb.jpg

post-3856-1266215788_thumb.jpg

post-3856-1266215800_thumb.jpg

Here are some more. He's still a leggy youngster with more head development and body development to go. He's extremely handsome and beautifully natured though. He was bred by a DOL member called "Zurhaan" and she leased Ashanali's bitch, Sunni, for the mating. Solid pointers are not common in Australia but hell they should be! Hopefully they will become more popular with time.

Noooooooooooooooooooo, I do not want a pointer. I do NOT want a pointer. Aww, damn he's cute. :laugh:

Noooooooooooooooooooo, I do not want a pointer. I do NOT want a pointer. Aww, damn he's cute. :laugh:

Yes you dooooo!!! I've never had a dog make so much eye contact (when there are no distractions that is!) but he will sit with me for hours while I "pat" him and kiss him and he just stares into my eyes. Seriously having a pointer is more romantic than having a bloke. They eat about as much though.