In The Whelping Box

Sayly

I love the dry bedding - fantastic stuff. Don't worry too much about the price of it, not only will it last for years but because it makes life so much easier when you have puppies. Looks neat, washes easy and drys fast - ready for use again and it is so nice and comfortable in and out of the whelping box.

After having the Rottweiler litters it was nice setting up for Lizzy (Pug). When I bought her 2 new pieces I got 4 whelping box size pieces and off cuts that are used for bedding and a piece I use for polishing their coats with grooming sprays - that saved me buying a grooming mitt for $28. I also use an off cut piece on the baby scales, when they are on the scales they settle quicker because its the same fabric that is in their whelping box.

Trina - go to the Berwick Market - I think it is the Perperone people. Same prices as the website that was posted earlier - here it is again if you missed it. http://www.peperonepetsupplies.com/

I found it easier to get a piece here and there - luckily for me I don't have to worry about postage.

A while a go I looked after a friends litter for 2 weeks while they were away - she brought her own bedding and I never bothered with it - I couldn't be bothered actually. I have seen all the mucking around that she does and have tried to convince her to get dry bedding but she is happy with her way. I know what I am getting her for her birthday.

Maybe you could request a couple of pieces of dry bedding for Birthday or Christmas pressies - I would be happy with that. :rolleyes:

Edited by Andisa

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So glad I read this site :thumbsup: ..had not heard of vet bed before..very quickly followed up on it and bought 4 pieces precut to my whelping box size..had two litters of toy poodles due

Recived it very fast postage from" The Wolfs Den" and just in time for Whelping ..looks and feels great..lot easier than cutting up old Quilts