Training Talk Thread

Tiggy

hahaha yeh i know! lol

not alowed gum boots have to be training shoes or workboots! hehe aalso they train without treats. I did a bit of training with him this morning..with treats ... he is finding the stay word hard, but sits from a laydown position, down, and come :)

Thats good for a 20 week old,

with sit stay, get him to sit, tell him to stay, them just stand right in front of his nose, stay there for a couple of sec's & then return to his right side, keep this up, as time goes by start taking a step or 2 backwards away from the dog both of you will start building conferdence & he will soon get the picture :) give him a treat & lots of praise when you practice at home :D :D

yep that is what they do at training... :)this morning i stood in front of him and put my hand up and say .. stay.. move back 1 step then say come...then sit then i give a treat...but he gets up when i take a step! lol it could be confusing with the stay that i give and the one they tell you at training. but thanks for your help murve.. youve been a great inspiration on what you can do :)

Edited by saxonsmum

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Murve goodonya for getting out there and trialling in less than great conditions :thumbsup:

Do you think the missed sits were you not getting your footwork right or just the fact that the dog didn't want to drop on wet ground?

Did you happen to get any of it on video?

Welcome to the thread saxonsmum :)

hi Ptolomy thanks for the vote of confidence :D

Footwork was great both the judges commented it was the best they have seen for a long time :)

Both judges also commented if they were a dog they wouldn't want to sit or drop in wet slushy ground either :laugh:

My boy is a Whippet, both judges we had yesterday also did give us praise for attending & persavering & not pulling out , not like a number of competiters did

We are proud of our achievement :D

Sorry no video :(

my apologies Murve! that was very rude of me not to congratulate you on your work and your dog in the trials...too worried about me not going :( seems you are doing really well congrats mate :) please accept my apology..

aaah dont worry about it :D :D

apology accepted :D :D

I am also training up a 9 month old Papillon, I have found him to be my trigger to get Orlando to work :laugh: :laugh:

Murve goodonya for getting out there and trialling in less than great conditions :thumbsup:

Do you think the missed sits were you not getting your footwork right or just the fact that the dog didn't want to drop on wet ground?

Footwork was great both the judges commented it was the best they have seen for a long time :)

Both judges also commented if they were a dog they wouldn't want to sit or drop in wet slushy ground either :laugh:

My boy is a Whippet, both judges we had yesterday also did give us praise for attending & persavering & not pulling out , not like a number of competiters did

my apologies Murve! that was very rude of me not to congratulate you on your work and your dog in the trials...too worried about me not going :( seems you are doing really well congrats mate :) please accept my apology..

I am also training up a 9 month old Papillon, I have found him to be my trigger to get Orlando to work :laugh: :laugh:

im sure you will train him very well:) your dogs are in good hands :):thumbsup:

im sure you will train him very well:) your dogs are in good hands :):thumbsup:

Thank you Saxonsmum

practice 5min -10min a day is good , even when I see my boys in a sit, stand etc I still tell them "yes good boy " praise & a treat

Good one you Murve for trialing in such yukky conditions - I think I would have chickened out!!

I am sure you will have a pass shortly :)

We would have got our 1st pass yesterday alvo if the little horror had done the 3 sits :(

Oh well, my partner asked me this morning when is our next trial, I told him that Hastings(Vic) is on the 26th June, he told me to get the entry in :D

This weekend is the first time he has ever been to Obedience/Agility trials & loved it, my partner use to show dogs & after a while started to hate it, so he got out.

Now who is eagar to work the dogs :rofl:

I'm hoping to do Hastings trial too! Hopefully see you there.

There's always the chance that Annie will come into season early though..... :o

Bad luck at the weekends trials. I've been lucky so far in that only one sit or drop has been missed.

Edited by Nik

Murve, you should enter Hastings! We will be there as well for Jovi's first trial :D

Ok "tollersowned" filled out the form for Hastings :D post it tomorrow :)

Whats this everybody ganging up on me :rofl: :rofl: I had my partner on the ph earlier asking me if I have done the form yet, I made him happy told him "YES" done, just have to print it out & post it :)

So yes, everybody I will be at Hastings :D :D

that means you will be doing CCD, see you in the same class

Edited by murve

Early notice Book mark this in your Diaries :D but "Westernport Dog Obedience Club" is having their Obed Trial on the 27th August at the Kcc Park, I will put up more info when I get it :D

Ok guys I have printed & posted the entries for Hastings :D so we are in for CCD

Oh god I think I have created a monster :eek: my partner has decided to join the wagon of trialing , he was asking all sorts of questions like all the does & don'ts of being in the ring, do we have to have purebreed dogs or can we trial crossbreeds, he is now thinking of getting a Rotty pup in the near future ( well he is a Rotty man, after our 9 yr old boy passes on).

He is an old hand at training dogs but hasn't done for too many years, so I think I might have to train him a bit :rofl: tooooooo

Dare I ask how everybodys training is going for the Nationals?

My kids are loving the cold weather :thumbsup:

Scoota has blood tests on MOnday but at this stage I am 95% sure he will make the trip, but just in case Soggy is doing sit stays morning noon and night ;)

Edited by Ptolomy

Dare I ask how everybodys training is going for the Nationals?

My kids are loving the cold weather :thumbsup:

Scoota has blood tests on MOnday but at this stage I am 95% sure he will make the trip, but just in case Soggy is doing sit stays morning noon and night ;)

Is this the one being held in Toowoomba QLD ????

I asked cause I was just looking at the info for State Obedience Championships & Top Obedience Dog of the year Final, it is being held at Kcc Park in Aug over 2 days :)

What weekend - is there a link somewhere to details??

I asked cause I was just looking at the info for State Obedience Championships & Top Obedience Dog of the year Final, it is being held at Kcc Park in Aug over 2 days :)

What weekend - is there a link somewhere to details??

I can give you the details, ha found the site for you :D

http://www.dogsvictoria.org.au/Portals/0/assets/aboutUs/June11_schedules%20for%20web.pdf