My Camera Is Broken

becandcharch

That sounds really exciting for you guys. Having your own business is (mostly) fun :) Mine is only teeny tiny though, but I do love the satisfaction I get from it.

What is your new business, JS?

(sorry for the hijack Bec :thumbsup:).

It's all just in the early thinking stages as I don't think I'm close to ready yet - I need more experience and to improve my skills first but would like to have a business set up for when I'm ready to start things rolling. I'm looking at starting up a photography business, maybe mixing a bit of special events with the artier (is that even a word???) side of photography. Not sure how it will all work and will be working for free to start with but would like to end up making an income out of it eventually.

Sounds fun - good luck :laugh:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW Bec! Congrats! you must be thrilled, I so would be! :( You have a real talent there girly!!

JS, way to go girl! you are inspiring alot of people on here I have noticed, you will do very well with your future plans in the photography biz! If you ever want to go take some photos together sometime, lemme know :mad (Maybe you could teach me a thing or two :mad )

ETA

Edited by Bellatrix

So.. something cool did happen today! I got this email -

Dear Rebecca,

I work for the advertising agency that looks after Canon. We are currently in the progress of developing a new campaign for EOS to launch in May of this year. As part of that campaign we would like to feature real images from the World of EOS (and associated competitions i.e Photo5) with the story of how and why that image was created.

As part of this process we have chosen yours Photo5 image to potentially feature.

If we use your image you will be remunerated and would ask for you to potentially appear in the ad as well.

There are a few things we need from you for now to make it happen:

1) Can you please send us the highest resolution version of this shot that you have? Preferably in RAW format (unretouched)

2) Would you mind if our creative team gave you a call to chat about your photo and find out the story behind it? If so could you confirm the best number to call you on?

3) Can you confirm what camera your image was taken on?

It was this pic! Woo hoo! I'll be so happy if they use it!!!

Wow Bec, that's so awesome!!!

There really are some good people in this world.

My mate whilst at work mentioned that my camera was broken. This guy that I have never met before has offered me his 30D for the weekend!

How nice is that?! Im so happy I get to take some photos. My shutter finger is VERY itchy!

There really are some good people in this world.

My mate whilst at work mentioned that my camera was broken. This guy that I have never met before has offered me his 30D for the weekend!

How nice is that?! Im so happy I get to take some photos. My shutter finger is VERY itchy!

WOW thats great!! :laugh:

Lol.. not sure about the inspiring part or ability to teach you anything but more than happy to take some photos together. Shall PM you if I'm planning on doing anything interesting. :)

Oooh add me please :)

Sounds good! :laugh:

I just emailed the chick at EOS asking if they had made any decisions on using my photo and got this

Hi Rebecca,

Your image is a forerunner but will still be a few weeks before we have a final answer - hope thats ok

Jodi

The wait is going to kill meeeeeeeeeeeee........!!!! What was she going to do if I said it wasnt ok? :o

Ooh ooh ooh! I just got a call from the Camera Clinic and my camera is ready to be collected!!!!! :D They also managed to retrieve all of my photos that were wiped off my memory card!

Not bad at all. I was told by 2 other places it would take 4-6 weeks and these guys did it in 1 1/2.

We are going up to Falls Creek for a cycle race for the long weekend so the timing is SO GREAT! :o